Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Y’all NY *****s always get extra offended when somebody speak the truth about something from y’all “culture”....Y’all still think y’all the “Mecca” of hip hop and basketball...It’s still *****s hyping up the Knicks....Just think about that for a second. Let all that **** go.
A NY ***** clearly ****** your ***** OR abruptly left your mom's after intercourse to raise you alone

It's 9AM and you got all this vitriol for some ****** who rock Tim's year round

Tell us what really happened

I liked 4 Ur Eyez Only but I can understand calling it boring. Hell even as big Cole fan, that album is my least played joint from him. KOD was flames tho.
Wasn't feeling FYEO but ran through KOD again yday randomly and forgot how solid album was

I think there’s a lane for everyone. Sometimes I wanna listen to some out there auto tune ****, other times I want something that reminds me of growing up and consuming all that golden era NY music. It’ll always hit a little bit harder just because of the nostalgia of the sound.

But some of those young kids making experimental music and pushing the envelope in fashion have actual talent that we can’t just ignore because it’s unorthodox to some of us.

I just like that things are a bit more balanced than they were a few years ago. Things went from all lyricism to a strong pushback against it...seems there’s more of a range of sounds now than ever before in rap...and you have to appreciate that.

<< aye whatchu tryna say man :lol:
Hey man, its too many ****** doing it. I don't want it to die but cot damn everybody don't need to be doing it
I liked 4 Ur Eyez Only but I can understand calling it boring. Hell even as big Cole fan, that album is my least played joint from him. KOD was flames tho.
Album was hit or miss for me. Some songs I liked some I didn't
What's the difference between Benny talking about drug dealing and Thug talking about letting off rounds from two diks wit da extendos?
What the hell?

Yo if you’ve never smoked a penis, why are you even listening to thug

I’ve been listening to thug since 2012....
I’m a fan of thug. But, it’s the double standard. I’m a Biggie fan too and his bars about “sucking ya daddy d****” and his bars about rape always made me view him negatively.

But again, I SEPARATE artistry from personal life. I don’t put these dudes on a pedestal or above me so, I’m always unbiased and I could care less about their personal life.

That’s the difference. Having a conversation with someone who IDOLIZES people and having a conversation with someone who doesn’t, you get two completely different perspectives.

Again, I listen to just as much new acts, as I did older acts. I’m a fan of guys like Thug, Uzi, Travis, certain Future songs, Nipsey, Mozzy, etc.

But I separate art from life. Some people can’t because they idolize these dudes/women and try to live vicariously through them (which is cool). But again, my thoughts are my thoughts. Nothing against other people

D93DE4FD-9E4B-4395-8102-BB8C0DBCF4D0.jpeg

If a guy like Lil Durk goes out and commits a murder, he ain’t no different then a terrorist or a dude in the hood who commits one.

The music industry gone replace Durk. Some young extremists gone replace the terrorist. And some new cat gone emerge in the streets. Rinse and repeat, it’s a cycle.

My point is, it ain’t gone affect my life. When one person exits, a new person will enter the fold. I’m not going to argue about stuff that’s cyclical.

For every Brett Farve, there’s an Aaron Rodgers
For every LeBron, there’s a Zion Williamson

Last edited:

Unorthodox?? Have you SEEN guys like Melle Mel, Prince, and the Isley brothers, Andre 3000?? Men have been dressing androgynous.

Again, there are genres for a reason. If you want to be experimental, then go the pop and EDM route. Rap music in, in of itself has ALWAYS been experimental.

But DO NOT call your music rap, if it doesn’t even have rap or rhyming, present in it.

Call your s**** pop.

Dress however you want but, stop hopping in the realm of rap music, and you’re not even rapping :lol: :rofl:.

That’s the problem

So you don't think a form of elitism is

Everyone likes our music and it's popular?

That's the definition of elitism.

Everyone likes it, so you should too.

Bruh what the hell are you talking about :lol: no one has said that.

Go back and look who had the first “popping” post.

Lmao just changed the whole argument and everybody liking the post :lol:

I gotta stop quoting this man, he too old. Straight senile

Lyrical vs non lyrical rap babble
Not even. I enjoy everything, I probably post the most diverse **** when it comes to current day rap in this thread.

I'm just confused why ****** be so pressed to champion one form of rap against another.

It literally makes no sense sonically, stylistically, or talent wise.

I can be a huge NBA fan and **** with the BIG 3 as well without ****ting on the other.

But some of those young kids making experimental music and pushing the envelope in fashion have actual talent that we can’t just ignore because it’s unorthodox to some of us.

But DO NOT call your music rap, if it doesn’t even have rap or rhyming it.

Call your s**** pop.

Dress however you want but, stop hopping in the realm of rap music, and you’re not even rapping :lol: :rofl:.
I get what you're saying but a lot of the dudes you're talking about do rap from time to time. Travis raps here and there, Uzi raps, Trippie redd raps, Drake raps and so on.

I really need to know what grade schools, middle schools, high schools, universities, and companies who’ve employed some of you guys.

I do not want to be affiliated or a consumer of any of them. HR departments are embarrassing but hey, it’s modern America so hey, I get it.

Y’all and your circle of friends need to steer clear of me. :lol: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom