Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I get what you're saying but a lot of the dudes you're talking about do rap from time to time. Travis raps here and there, Uzi raps, Trippie redd raps, Drake raps and so on.

Not listening to no f***** Trippie redd.

Travis and Uzi have always been cool to me. Them guys got talent and I saw their comeuppance. They don’t act as if they’re the GOATs. They genuinely make feel good music.

Drake has always just been corny. Again, that’s his M.O. it just isn’t for me. Trippie Redd? :lol: :rofl: no parts or buddy

I’ve been listening to thug since 2012....
I’m a fan of thug. But, it’s the double standard. I’m a Biggie fan too and his bars about “sucking ya daddy d****” and his bars about rape always made me view him negatively.

But again, I SEPARATE artistry from personal life. I don’t put these dudes on a pedestal or above me so, I’m always unbiased and I could care less about their personal life.

That’s the difference. Having a conversation with someone who IDOLIZES people and having a conversation with someone who doesn’t, you get two completely different perspectives.

Again, I listen to just as much new acts, as I did older acts. I’m a fan of guys like Thug, Uzi, Travis, certain Future songs, Nipsey, Mozzy, etc.

But I separate art from life. Some people can’t because they idolize these dudes/women and try to live vicariously through them (which is cool). But again, my thoughts are my thoughts. Nothing against other people
This is great post btw

Not even. I enjoy everything, I probably post the most diverse **** when it comes to current day rap in this thread.

I'm just confused why *****s be so pressed to champion one form of rap against another.

It literally makes no sense sonically, stylistically, or talent wise.

I can be a huge NBA fan and **** with the BIG 3 as well without ****ting on the other.
I agree with this but this isn't how most operate in here.

Not listening to no f***** Trippie redd.

Travis and Uzi have always been cool to me. Them guys got talent and I saw their comeuppance. They don’t act as if they’re the GOATs. They genuinely make feel good music.

Drake has always just been corny. Again, that’s his M.O. it just isn’t for me. Trippie Redd? :lol: :rofl: no parts or buddy
I'm not saying to give him a try I was just addressing that genre point you were making. Can't really put anyone in one genre.

Wayne and KRIT on the same track :wow:
I would have preferred different subject matter but I'll take it.

I hate when people bring up Prince and Parliament in an effort to defend the music

It's like you're skipping a generation to defend the artist. They came out in the 60's and 70's. Different era. Different time. Different music.

Rap was birthed from funk, but rap was never that.

Like numbah1grimey numbah1grimey said, don't call it rap or hip hop.

That's why we desperately need subgenres.

Bruh what the hell are you talking about :lol: no one has said that.

Go back and look who had the first “popping” post.

Lmao just changed the whole argument and everybody liking the post :lol:

I gotta stop quoting this man, he too old. Straight senile

No you're just not bright enough to see my point.

The whole argument with old dusty music is it's not popular today. Not that it's not good. It's old and out dated.

If you don't see the correlation in what I said.

Your teachers AND dad failed you.

If a guy like Lil Durk goes out and commits a murder, he ain’t no different then a terrorist or a dude in the hood who commits one.

The music industry gone replace Durk. Some young extremists gone replace the terrorist. And some new cat gone emerge in the streets. Rinse and repeat, it’s a cycle.

My point is, it ain’t gone affect my life. When one person exits, a new person will enter the fold. I’m not going to argue about stuff that’s cyclical.

For every Brett Farve, there’s an Aaron Rodgers
For every LeBron, there’s a Zion Williamson

That's why the old dusty talk is funny to me.

Because a 10 year old now will be calling them old and their music dusty in ten years

This thread move so fast with so many different artists. I'd be curious to see who some of ya'll favorite rapper or who you think is the GOAT :lol:

Don’t really have a goat. Favorites kinda rotate.

Right now been listening to nothing but Gibbs, Uzi, Kendrick, and old Bad Boy stuff. 3stacks my favorite all time though.

Music subjective as hell, these arguments tired.

With that said, Trippie Redd is horrible any way you slice it.

you 40 years old crying on message board every day. Who dad failed who? :rofl:

Naw some of that **** is bad too. It ain’t just about being old.

Not even. I enjoy everything, I probably post the most diverse **** when it comes to current day rap in this thread.

I'm just confused why *****s be so pressed to champion one form of rap against another.

It literally makes no sense sonically, stylistically, or talent wise.

I can be a huge NBA fan and **** with the BIG 3 as well without ****ting on the other.

This is 100% true. And how it SHOULD be.

We not about to “both sides” hip hop elitism tho :lol:. Imma touch on this in a few.

EF366158-0E0E-4DDC-A545-9EA6F0989398.jpeg

Imagine being a ***** that looked like this :lol::lol:

Patrick Beverly face *** ***** I bet you got mad pairs of busted black air ones in your closet

EF366158-0E0E-4DDC-A545-9EA6F0989398.jpeg

Imagine being a ***** that looked like this :lol::lol:

Patrick Beverly face *** ***** I bet you got mad pairs of busted black air ones in your closet

A kee kee kee no... last forces I had was 2002 silver 20th anniversary highs.

N_ you and your family lapped up in a trailer home .

Y’all ain’t eem gotta stove. Gotta go cook supper at the nearest park on them dingy *** grills

A kee kee kee no... last forces I had was 2002 silver 20th anniversary highs.

N_ you and your family lapped up in a trailer home .

Y’all ain’t eem gotta stove. Gotta go cook supper at the nearest park on them dingy *** grills

Got this ***** talking like a Auntie now lmao

Back
Top Bottom