Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Look....I **** with Wu, Mobb etc etc.

But y’all acting befuddled at the thought of 20 somethings calling that type of music from the early to mid 90s “dusy” or old :lol:. It’s a pejorative, and at times misplaced catchall on hallway, boom bap rap...like y’all do with “mumble rap”....but as with the latter...there’s some truth in there.

Ever been to one of them concerts where them types of dudes are performing? I’ve been. and you going to see ***** dressed like its 2005, reeking of Newport’s and E&J...and hating everything new :lol:. That doesn’t mean the music doesn’t have a time and place, Audience, appeal or isn’t great. Just a certain segment not going to feel it. That’s ok.

Calling it dusty is funny to me. None of the youngins I know call it dusty music though. That dusty sound is iconic. Iconic like beats by the pound, g funk and them lex Luger drums

Homie on here jumped the shark when he said we can’t listen to benny unless we are on the block.

The “dusty” comments have gotten cats in here hella triggered.
05E0865F-8D29-436D-9C49-7A376249B58D.png

If this was twitter, it’d be the trending hashtag.

Boys in here hurt hurt.

I can't speak for everyone, but y'all should know I got no issues with both sides of the aisle.

I mean, I checked the Lil Nas X EP on Friday before I got to Benny. I mess with a lot of that newer generation, and appreciate that a lot of those dudes do have actual talent and are pretty damn creative.

But homeboy was clearly jumping in the middle of a discussion hurling insults to get a reaction.

The fact that there's such a mix is what makes this thread so great. The fact that we can roast one another over which group we fall in is dope. If people were crazy sensitive in here, this thread would be trash. I don't think anyone really got mad or anything, just offering back the energy that was presented literally yesterday morning. Son has been going on this crusade since like 10am yesterday.:lol:

N_ acting like young heads don’t smoke ‘potes, black & milds, drink cheap liquor, smoke boonk, etc.

More YOUNGER people in Florida are on flakka than old heads wavycrocket wavycrocket wanna talk about E&J and Newport’s.

You wanna be in a crowd full of these? Cool

F4494E6B-F1E4-4B43-BCA2-8A399AA12A1E.jpeg

80413F47-A7CC-4315-9622-C37B4CD34AF0.jpeg

My dude HAVE it your way. None of these dudes shower consistently

I saw thug at a pool party in Miami and son looked frailer than me. And I’m skinny as hell. That boy bulimia.

You wanna hang around dudes who substitute drugs for food.

N_ acting like young heads don’t smoke ‘potes, black & milds, drink cheap liquor, smoke boonk, etc.

More YOUNGER people in Florida are on flakka than old heads wavycrocket wavycrocket wanna talk about E&J and Newport’s.

Bro...you do waaay too much projecting :lol:. Extremes.

Relax my guy.

Look....I **** with Wu, Mobb etc etc.

But y’all acting befuddled at the thought of 20 somethings calling that type of music from the early to mid 90s “dusy” or old :lol:. It’s a pejorative, and at times misplaced catchall on hallway, boom bap rap...like y’all do with “mumble rap”....but as with the latter...there’s some truth in there.

Ever been to one of them concerts where them types of dudes are performing? I’ve been. and you going to see ***** dressed like its 2005, reeking of Newport’s and E&J...and hating everything new :lol:. That doesn’t mean the music doesn’t have a time and place, Audience, appeal or isn’t great. Just a certain segment not going to feel it. That’s ok.
dunno what Griselda concert you've been to but that's not the case at all.
I don't know, wsg dresses like he posts on nt like the rest of us fwiw. not that that should matter at all but to the young *****s out there if that's what you're looking for he's got the supreme, kith, etc. stuff...

Oooooohhhhh the typical victim deflection. Now I’m “projecting” something?

Bruh, I’m basing it off YOUR post. That’s a generalization if I’ve ever seen one. “Old head smoke potes and sip E&J” :lol:

I’m projecting now.

Ehhh some of this new stuff cool, a lot are some weirdos and trash. Let's not act like there wasn't trash back in the day too.

Don't act like your favorites aren't sampling these "dusty old heads" though.

Gotta respect the older generation and the foundation too.

dunno what Griselda concert you've been to but that's not the case at all.
I don't know, wsg dresses like he posts on nt like the rest of us fwiw. not that that should matter at all but to the young *****s out there if that's what you're looking for he's got the supreme, kith, etc. stuff...

I’m moreso speaking about the crowd and fan base. It’s a “thing”. To be blind to it, is being naive. All crowds, fanbases etc in hip hop have certain stereotypes (good and bad or misstated) that exist.

Ehhh some of this new stuff cool, a lot are some weirdos and trash. Let's not act like there wasn't trash back in the day too.

Don't act like your favorites aren't sampling these "dusty old heads" though.

Gotta respect the older generation and the foundation too.

The irony is NONE of us are really old heads. Maybe one or two guys in here that are 40+ but it’s just funny. Guys like Drake, Future, Cole, Meek, Travis Scott, Quavo, etc are all 26-35 years old.

I’m not going to argue with dudes who’s parents didn’t let them listen to rap music until they were 18. That’s the disconnect.

Most these dudes probably weren’t allowed to hear music with “cussing” :lol:

numbah1grimey numbah1grimey specific obsession with age...and @millenial obsession with size...has to be one of the more fascinating things on this site.

Now it’s an obsession? But y’all having s discussion about OLD heads?? Lmao :lol: :rofl:

You have excuse after excuse when facts are brought up. Mans is mad because I’m younger than guys like Dolph and Future and he can’t fathom why I crack on them boys so much :lol:

You literally look just like these ****** without the tatts and money

Back
Top Bottom