Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

in my initial post i meant that parks drops an n bomb

not actually jigga thought someone would've been listening to the podcast as well

Man *****s been trying to catch Rory or Parks saying the N-word for years :lol:

I feel like this new drop today I heard Rory say it and Mal caught it

When they were talking about gogo @ the BET awards

I understand why cats can get "triggered" by the dusty comment and the sentiment some hiphop heads have towards older hiphop. There isn't a real respect for the OG's that laid down the foundation and hiphop fans are for the most part fickle. Legends get routinely disrespected in this artform and its something you don't see in other genres.

You can still see some of the biggest artists in other genres sell out arenas and yet most older artists in hiphop have to go overseas to be appreciated and sell out shows. I remember seeing a video of a Rakim set and the God was rocking the MIC while *****s was just standing around messing with they phones. They ain't give one single ****. It was like people didn't care what he had to say and was waiting for the next pill popper to hop on stage. There's a real disconnect in this culture between the old and young and I don't know how you bring em together.

I try my best to give everything a chance even if I know in my heart that it might be a weed plate. As long as I keep an open mind to listen and expand to other lanes inside this artform, I feel like it can bridge the gap kinda bit. idk man, let me stop ramblin.

The reason for this is that somewhere between Pac Hov and 50 how big a rappers imprint on the culture via sales and money and whatnot became as important if not more than what they actually saying so the moment u not selling **** out and appearing to be popping, they gonna act like your not saying **** unless you Hov and the reign never stops bc you ******* jay Z

Talking about that Jay Smile verse

Did anyone else catch what could’ve been a shot at Wayne/Birdman

“*****s rip your **** off of Tidal just to spite you
Aw what did I do? Except try to free you
*****s will love you but hate you because they cant be you
Dump em all in the Bayou”

talking bout baby money...

Always wondered what the real dynamic is w those three especially as Wayne gets older and sees Baby relationship for what it really was...both their ticket out of NO...

I don’t **** with how Parks always tries to end his words extra “hood” like he’ll end words with an a that are supposed to end with er and it’s always extra noticeable & it’s the only thing in the show that they don’t gas up and make a 3 minute bit every time like most of the other **** on that show lol.

Dude gotta relax.

Back
Top Bottom