Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

It's trash, but nobody will call it trash

It's like going to an art gallery, and people won't say the art work is garbage, because it's art. So they say it's not for me.

He's given a pass that no other rapper is given.

But it sounds great in concert...blah blah
He's being artistic.

People randomly listen to Kanye's last three albums, because they like them?

Just like he's given a pass for turning from polos and jordans Kanye to walking dead oversized dad croc wear. Kanye's music is still judged from Graduation and him being a fashion icon is still seen from that era.

Why can't people just like the music fam?
Of course some can, and I understand that...but I really don't see it personally.

It's such a left turn and the music is almost lower quality than it was earlier in his career, and the point that's made in defense of that is that he's trying something different and he's ever growing...but I remember the reaction to a lot of rappers when they changed their sound, and they never got the passes that Kanye got.

I think part of it at the least has to do with this era where a lot of people are just contrarians to the general opinion just for the sake of contrarianism. The more Kanye stacks the deck against himself by saying and doing dumb ****, the weaker the limb gets for defending Kanye, but it seems people love to go out on a limb and die on unnecessary hills in the day and age of hot takes.

I do respect if some people do enjoy it, but there's definitely a large swath of people who mindlessly approve of anything he does under the guise of artistry.

Cuz I felt like it dummy. Are you gonna confirm my idea that most people don’t care about other people’s opinion by telling me mine doesn’t matter? :lol:

Are you just trolling or this dumb in real life?

I'm going to ignore you either way, but I just want to know if I should feel sorry for you or not.

Of course some can, and I understand that...but I really don't see it personally.

It's such a left turn and the music is almost lower quality than it was earlier in his career, and the point that's made in defense of that is that he's trying something different and he's ever growing...but I remember the reaction to a lot of rappers when they changed their sound, and they never got the passes that Kanye got.

I think part of it at the least has to do with this era where a lot of people are just contrarians to the general opinion just for the sake of contrarianism. The more Kanye stacks the deck against himself by saying and doing dumb ****, the weaker the limb gets for defending Kanye, but it seems people love to go out on a limb and die on unnecessary hills in the day and age of hot takes.

I do respect if some people do enjoy it, but there's definitely a large swath of people who mindlessly approve of anything he does under the guise of artistry.

It can be a left turn but it being "lower quality" is your opinion based on what you like. To me it's different than what he's done before but it's still good. If folks want to debate/discuss whether or not it's good hip hop/rap I'll understand that conversation since Yeezus, TLOP, & Ye aren't technical hip hop albums.

I don't think contrarians make up as big of a percentage to Ye fans or feigned Ye supporters as people think. I think people understand things that others can't because parts of their lives grants them different viewpoints. The same way a hood dude can understand certain kinds of pain and if one artist can tap into that feeling or description that same hood dude is able to connect with that artist in a way others might not understand. If you don't make that same connection or have that same understanding what's the purpose of questioning what somebody else understands but you don't?

Folks don't seem to care to understand things that they don't get, they seem more prone to just piss on it like "If it don't makes sense to me then it don't make sense at all." And that's not how the world works as a whole. Sure if you don't get it, you don't get it but that doesn't mean that anybody who says they do get it are just saying it to be cool or saying it because they are mindlessly following somebody/the crowd

It's trash, but nobody will call it trash

It's like going to an art gallery, and people won't say the art work is garbage, because it's art. So they say it's not for me.

He's given a pass that no other rapper is given.

But it sounds great in concert...blah blah
He's being artistic.

People randomly listen to Kanye's last three albums, because they like them?

Just like he's given a pass for turning from polos and jordans Kanye to walking dead oversized dad croc wear. Kanye's music is still judged from Graduation and him being a fashion icon is still seen from that era.

I still from this day can’t go through a whole Kanye West album. He makes good hits...I cherry pick his songs...

But we can’t take away his talent. He’s a beast with the beats. And somewhat an icon when it comes to fashion.

As a rapper, nope.

Kanye can literally do and say anything and it will get excused by his stans. And he knows this, and this is why we get nutty Kanye every few months. That's what keeps him in the news and popular.

If it's about music. The music isn't entertaining.

Kanye is judged for everything but his music.

When do we ever talk about Kanye's actual music anymore? It came and went.

Let Dr Dre release a bad album tomorrow. You'll hear he's washed. You won't hear a bunch of excuses. And Dre has 30+ years of catalog. None of that would matter.

Kanye can literally do and say anything and it will get excused by his stans. And he knows this, and this is why we get nutty Kanye every few months. That's what keeps him in the news and popular.

If it's about music. The music isn't entertaining.

Kanye is judged for everything but his music.

When do we ever talk about Kanye's actual music anymore? It came and went.

Let Dr Dre release a bad album tomorrow. You'll hear he's washed. You won't hear a bunch of excuses. And Dre has 30+ years of catalog. None of that would matter.
But bruh, entertainment is subjective. Millions of people are entertained by reality tv while I personally find it repulsive and shameful.

You understand why your opinion isn't the end all be all, right?

Every major artist has similar "freedoms" and passes.
Stop acting like there aren't issues with other big artists that their fans just gloss over or accept.

Just because you and the people you hang around don't discuss an artists music doesn't mean the impact is non existent.

How about you just don't like or respect Ye and stop worrying about how everybody else is handling him.

Kanye is at the point you can't even say he has trash albums :rofl:

But bruh, entertainment is subjective. Millions of people are entertained by reality tv while I personally find it repulsive and shameful.

You understand why your opinion isn't the end all be all, right?

and when someone else besides Kanye releases a trash album. I want you to say this same thing.

When someone says a widely panned album isn't good, people don't say these same excuses.

All those trash Wayne and Em albums. It's just an opinion. They were growing. We weren't up on it.

Nobody cares that you think he has trash albums, if they trash to you THEY TRASH TO YOU
I just don't understand why you go to such lengths to say other people can't think the music is good, just because you don't like it

If I was 17, I would have thought that video of him getting top would have been cool. In my 30s, **** tacky. Everybody get their dicks suck lil *****, keep that desperation to yourself.
A49A0AB3-FF0D-4A73-9441-000B0346B8A0.gif
74D12846-E92D-45A4-8E3F-D875FC0ECFC0.gif

Got hit with some stray dust reading this get off my lawn post.

and when someone else besides Kanye releases a trash album. I want you to say this same thing.

When someone says a widely panned album isn't good, people don't say these same excuses.

All those trash Wayne and Em albums. It's just an opinion. They were growing. We weren't up on it.
Why would I say that if I don't hold the opinion?
I do find Em's recovery album to be good while everyone else ****s on it. I thought Wayne's rock singles were decent (Prom Queen, Pick the World Up).

What is any of this proving? It's okay to accept differing opinions man. Like, I get your point on the excuses fans will make for their favorite artists. But that **** don't apply to everyone about everything. Or every Ye fan about every Ye musical move.

Back
Top Bottom