Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I still don't understand the hopping from gang to gang and them encouraging it and recruiting people like they're NBA free agents.

Then I think about their ages when they start.

that's my point we look at these dudes as cats who are 21-25 like they should no better, but in reality they are led into that path by age 12+ and already got serious charges by 17... add in that their "OG's" are still teens... then throw in the monster that is social media i see how these cats get easily caught up out here in indictments.

Not to mention the Feds/NYPD ain't playing fair with these young boys some of these cats is getting thrown in conspiracy cases for simply hanging around there neighborhood and being in a "clique". they ain't shot nothing, robbed nothing... just grew up in a hood took a few flicks with cats who were on some BS & now your drawn into a conspiracy for selling a dime of trees. **** vicious out here.

Tell that to the *****s still doing street **** all day... they ain't tryna hear that message unfortunately

IDGAF about reaching through to them N_. I’m just stating the obvious. I never GAF about no damn streets. All I’m saying is I don’t have sympathy for mfers who willingly tell on themselves.

And neither should you :lol: :rofl:

Facts. Cats should have wisened up by now after seeing so many dudes getting hemmed up for putting their business out there. NY cats imitating that Chicago drill stuff by shooting videos with guns all wild. Fam. They’re still illegal. And now they’re on a YouTube feed that the prosecutor will use at your trial. The best you can hope is for the court house to have crappy WiFi so the video doesn’t load, because that “it wasn’t a real gun” **** is practically dead.

It's the drug of social media

Bad Boys used to move in silence. Not anymore. If they're getting money or doing dirt, they need the world to know. Not just people in their neighborhood.

They make it easy for police. On social media and in street interviews.

You would think they would learn to move smarter with GS9

Bad boys rarely ever moved in silence. We gotta stop giving credit to older cats like they were gods in the streets. Them older dudes were pillow talking, pushing Benz and BMWs through the neighborhoods with no proof of income, pillow talking, talking to their mans about the dirt they did so that they could get their reps up in the hood... and ****** were snitching. Same **** going on now was going on then. These cats just have Instagram now and are silly enough to put themselves on it, which only speeds up the job for the police.

The quicker the younger generation sees that the street **** is really bull ****, the better. Tired of seeing my people lose their lives over some **** that doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things.

****** dying over a block that they don’t own a single piece of property on. That **** is weak.

That’s literally how a conspiracy works though fam. That’s what it was designed to do.

If we know them people aren’t playing fair, we should encourage cats to find a new path rather than allowing them to continue down the same one where we know they’ll either end up dead or hemmed up. By now, that **** should be common knowledge. Even for the teenagers who are getting sucked into it. And if their 20 year old og’s aren’t putting them on real game and encouraging them not to get drawn into that life, then they’re not worthy of being called og’s. Just older ****** taking advantage of the ignorance of the youth, the same as they used to be.

Last edited:
Facts. Cats should have wisened up by now after seeing so many dudes getting hemmed up for putting their business out there. NY cats imitating that Chicago drill stuff by shooting videos with guns all wild. Fam. They’re still illegal. And now they’re on a YouTube feed that the prosecutor will use at your trial. The best you can hope is for the court house to have crappy WiFi so the video doesn’t load, because that “it wasn’t a real gun” **** is practically dead.

Bad boys rarely ever moved in silence. We gotta stop giving credit to older cats like they were gods in the streets. Them older dudes were pillow talking, pushing Benz and BMWs through the neighborhoods with no proof of income, pillow talking, talking to their mans about the dirt they did so that they could get their reps up in the hood... and *****s were snitching. Same **** going on now was going on then. These cats just have Instagram now and are silly enough to put themselves on it, which only speeds up the job for the police.

The quicker the younger generation sees that the street **** is really bull ****, the better. Tired of seeing my people lose their lives over some **** that doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things.

*****s dying over a block that they don’t own a single piece of property on. That **** is weak.

Lamborghinis and Bentley is in the jects. The law LOVES s**** like that. Your or somebody better have football, baseball, or basketball contract because that alone finna get you questioning

Bad boys rarely ever moved in silence. We gotta stop giving credit to older cats like they were gods in the streets. Them older dudes were pillow talking, pushing Benz and BMWs through the neighborhoods with no proof of income, pillow talking, talking to their mans about the dirt they did so that they could get their reps up in the hood... and *****s were snitching. Same **** going on now was going on then. These cats just have Instagram now and are silly enough to put themselves on it, which only speeds up the job for the police.

*****s dying over a block that they don’t own a single piece of property on. That **** is weak.

while i agree that if the older cats had social media it would have been wild fire back then also... but today is MUCH worse in terms of snitching, senseless beefs, gang codes etc etc. And that's not to say everyone was solid back then, but their were repercussions for certain things & rules were moe heavily dictated because the "OG's" were allowed to grow into adulthood & keep control. a 30-40 yr old usually has more sense & can show younger cats how to move.

As opposed to now you got 18 yr olds showing 12 yr olds how to maneuver, there's just no sort of structure. and that's mostly due to technology making the cops jobs a million times easier... therefore leading to dudes catching football numbers before 21.

That’s literally how a conspiracy works though fam. That’s what it was designed to do.

If we know them people aren’t playing fair, we should encourage them to find a new path rather than allowing them to continue down the same one where we know they’ll either end up dead or hemmed up. By now, that **** should be common knowledge. Even for the teenagers who are getting sucked into it. And if their 20 year old og’s aren’t putting them on real game and encouraging them not to get drawn into that life, then they’re not worthy of being called og’s. Just older *****s taking advantage of the ignorance of the youth, the same as they used to be.

Yup. Like why charge one single person, when we can charged, 20, 30, or 300??? Get a few informants and still give them time. Now, you’re in our system forever with finger prints, your alias, nicknames, etc.

Your criminal history will make it easy for us to pinpoint your activities

Cats be doing dirt with smartphones, GPS on, location on etc etc

****ing idiots

All kinds of tracking and cameras on every block in every major city.

Certain _'s did move different though. It's a lot of older dudes that did dirt but didn't broadcast it. Today a _ like Freeway Rick couldn't exist. These _'s now don't know how to make that kinda money and stay low key.

I would say the biggest difference now is law enforcement is more sophisticated now. It was "easier" to get away with selling drugs in the 80's compared to now.

If we know them people aren’t playing fair, we should encourage them to find a new path rather than allowing them to continue down the same one where we know they’ll either end up dead or hemmed up. By now, that **** should be common knowledge. Even for the teenagers who are getting sucked into it. And if their 20 year old og’s aren’t putting them on real game and encouraging them not to get drawn into that life, then they’re not worthy of being called og’s. Just older *****s taking advantage of the ignorance of the youth, the same as they used to be.

My point is it ain't as easy as ya'll are making it seem to tell a 12-15 yr old in the slums to not go down that road when their entire neighborhood is on some bull****. We as adults can look at the structure of the "streets" right now and see just how dumb it is, as a pre teen/early teen that entire prospective is difference.

Certain _'s did move different though. It's a lot of older dudes that did dirt but didn't broadcast it. Today a _ like Freeway Rick couldn't exist. These _'s now don't know how to make that kinda money and stay low key.

I would say the biggest difference now is law enforcement is more sophisticated now. It was "easier" to get away with selling drugs in the 80's compared to now.

A lot of hustlers back then also had part time jobs or trades too. Nowadays it’s usually 100% I’m in the streets all day

This isn't true.

The upper and smart dudes weren't telling on themselves, that's why Frank Lucas or John Gotti stood out.

There's a lot of legit businesses built from street money.

We're in the rap chat after all.

If we know them people aren’t playing fair, we should encourage cats to find a new path rather than allowing them to continue down the same one where we know they’ll either end up dead or hemmed up. By now, that **** should be common knowledge. Even for the teenagers who are getting sucked into it. And if their 20 year old og’s aren’t putting them on real game and encouraging them not to get drawn into that life, then they’re not worthy of being called og’s. Just older *****s taking advantage of the ignorance of the youth, the same as they used to be.

Yep they did a sweep up here recently

Street cats, mob cats, and everything in between. Conspiracy charges left, right, center, criminal org charges, mad dope and straps.

Know a lot of em, they gone for a hot minute.

I agree with that. There’s only but so much reach we have on the kids who are growing up in these environments on a daily basis. They’re around the hood ****** from early on. That was the case for me growing up. But around my way, the older cats (18-30) would dissuade us from getting involved in the BS. They’d already caught charges and seen the **** for what it was, and even though they were still in it, a lot of cats wanted a different outcome for the lil ******. We used to get told to go to school, stay away from certain blocks, stay away from certain ****** who were going down that path, etc. **** had an impact on me and my dudes who are still up top, and to this day a majority of us avoided that life. I know my experience doesn’t speak for all of NY, and definitely doesn’t resonate with the country as a whole, but it’s possible.

I guess I’m saying we should hold more of these dudes accountable. Instead of praising the cats who are talking that banging **** and influencing the kids at an early age to the point where they’re doomed from the gate, we should be muting that kind of talk and expose it for the bs that it is. Tax, for better or worse, was a good example of doing that when he was out. Son just couldn’t stay out of his own way, but while he had a platform, he at least encouraged cats to take a hard look at that gang banging stuff and to assess whether the streets really love you or not. He’s a perfect case study.

For real. When the Raps won, and people were celebrating downtown there was a shooting like 4am.

Gotta be a ****ing idiot to do that downtown on that night (I mean in general of course but especially that night). Not only cameras EVERYWHERE but damn near every cop on the city was downtown

This isn't true.

The upper and smart dudes weren't telling on themselves, that's why Frank Lucas or John Gotti stood out.

There's a lot of legit businesses built from street money.

We're in the rap chat after all.

I respek the fact that you refuse to ever say a bad thing against your era, but you’re bugging if you think gangsters who ascended to that level weren’t few and far in between. The jails weren’t empty during the 80s and 90s my guy.

I respek the fact that you refuse to ever say a bad thing against your era, but you’re bugging if you think gangsters who ascended to that level weren’t few and far in between. The jails weren’t empty during the 80s and 90s my guy.

Few and far in between? There would have to be multiple in each city, right? Who would be controlling the trade and distribution?

The jails were full due to petty crime, possession. You know why the crack and marijuana laws changed.

I'm not sure how you can even qualify driving a BMW without a W2 to be the same as showing cash on social media and posting videos with all of your friends.

Informants used to have to tell who was who. Now they don't need informants, criminals tell you who they are. And they'll tell you on live or in a song what they've done.

Few and far in between? There would have to be multiple in each city, right? Who would be controlling the trade and distribution?

The jails were full due to petty crime, possession. You know why the crack and marijuana laws changed.

I'm not sure how you can even qualify driving a BMW without a W2 to be the same as showing cash on social media and posting videos with all of your friends.

Informants used to have to tell who was who. Now they don't need informants, criminals tell you who they are. And they'll tell you on live or in a song what they've done.

In typical Joe fashion you take a premise and then extrapolate it so that you can validate your argument. You’re not about to Rory me fam. :lol:

You know damn well we were talking about the petty criminals from the beginning. The heads of organizations aren’t on Instagram flashing and flexing outrageous. You brought up Lucas and Gotti when we were talking about cats at the street level getting hemmed up.

In typical Joe fashion you take a premise and then extrapolate it so that you can validate your argument. You’re not about to Rory me fam. :lol:

You know damn well we were talking about the petty criminals from the beginning. The heads of organizations aren’t on Instagram flashing and flexing outrageous. You brought up Lucas and Gotti when we were talking about cats at the street level getting hemmed up.

Petty criminals had no where to flash. A petty criminal isn't buying a BMW. You think Nore had a BMW? They were buying what with their money? Kicks and a chain.

Compare that to now.

What was Treyway Shotti?

I agree with that. There’s only but so much reach we have on the kids who are growing up in these environments on a daily basis. They’re around the hood *****s from early on. That was the case for me growing up. But around my way, the older cats (18-30) would dissuade us from getting involved in the BS. They’d already caught charges and seen the **** for what it was, and even though they were still in it, a lot of cats wanted a different outcome for the lil *****s. We used to get told to go to school, stay away from certain blocks, stay away from certain *****s who were going down that path, etc. **** had an impact on me and my dudes who are still up top, and to this day a majority of us avoided that life. I know my experience doesn’t speak for all of NY, and definitely doesn’t resonate with the country as a whole, but it’s possible.

I guess I’m saying we should hold more of these dudes accountable. Instead of praising the cats who are talking that banging **** and influencing the kids at an early age to the point where they’re doomed from the gate, we should be muting that kind of talk and expose it for the bs that it is. Tax, for better or worse, was a good example of doing that when he was out. Son just couldn’t stay out of his own way, but while he had a platform, he at least encouraged cats to take a hard look at that gang banging stuff and to assess whether the streets really love you or not. He’s a perfect case study.

this is all facts i grew up in the same environment & got have never been locked up or really dabbled in street ****, I credit that to having both my parents in my life & them being young enough to know what's going on in the streets when i was growing up. I got a lot of homies i grew up with who are doing bids.. i also have homies who i grew up with becoming Lawyers & businessmen so it's def possible. But again it comes back to who's around you & your influences.

And even with the right information & influences there's plenty of situations i've been in where one thing switches & i'm caught up in the system. I agree 100% that we gotta stop justifying the cats who are feeding the youth bull****, but i won't act like those guys don't exist, unfortunately a lot of the youth looks at them as being washed up/old heads. Music has taken the shape of the streets where kids who wanna listen to other kids for advice. Meek the only dude i can think of off top, that tries to spread a message in his music & young street ****** listen to religiously.

Back
Top Bottom