Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

100%. You don't go from growing up in the 60s to thinking **** sweet and letting people hop out on you just cause you're a celebrity.

Dudes still wanna go back to where they're from as a badge of honor like "look I'm still respected". Nip was on more than though, he was actually building things for his community but it's still a tricky situation.

What Dr Dre say

I moved out of the hood for good, you blame me?
N's aim mainly at n's they can't be
But n's can't hit n's they can't see
I'm out of sight, now I'm out of they dang reach
How would you feel if n's wanted you killed?

Yeah I'm not sure I understand the comparison :lol:

Wiz is STILL just a cool *** ***** who likes weed :lol: He's being himself.
Yeah that's more to my point, the fame makes them more comfortable to fully embrace who they are, ie it's truly who they are and likely not just a ploy to sell records. It's no longer a "job" because you're on and have no need for pretenses so some kinds of marketing not needed. I understand that being convoluted though, had some drinks and it ain't all the way a complete thought. Neither was that.

Haven’t heard a track like this in a while.
Used the Big Daddy Kane “Another Victory” bassline:smokin I’m a sucker for that bassline:smh:

In b4
tenor.gif

Brand yourself different? :lol:

Wiz never “faked” like he was a smoker. The man really was indulging in weed.
Pretty much y’all saying Wiz was already a smoker, he just started using it in his content more, to sell records? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which ANSWERS what we’ve been saying.
Guys like Tyler and Thug are bi or gay, so they upped the ante by making more of a point to let it be know.

And with Thugs antics, had the attention helped??? He’s not selling as much as Tyler. Both have big fanbases though.

Like y’all comparing Wiz being a stoner, to Thug and Tyler the Creators sexuality :lol:

The overall brand of being eccentric/different/in a certain category > individual project sales

Thug will be a cult fan favorite than can still do shows for the next 15 years because his music is it's own world. Sales should have been stopped being the metric post 2016 when you can playlist and meme songs into hits and that **** shouldn't be the requirement for every artist to do so they're taken serious. That's why the game is ****** up now.

Other dude brought up Wiz, dude could like weed but do we really think dude is smoking high grade **** from sun up to bedtime while running a million dollar empire :lol: its a difference between liking weed and being the face of that ****

but again my point is null and void with Tyler if Tyler is in depth talking about relationships and **** on albums.

As far as Thug, Jaden, Lil B, etc...I think for them...they realize the only thing that actually makes you gay is penis play or sexual attraction to the same sex; and thus are playing on the fact that people care about men wearing dresses and women's clothing (I wouldn't rock one but the concept that they are for one type of gender IS man made) for some reason and use it to create an enigma of being weird or eccentric.

It's sort of what Ye used to do to with the kilts and the Paris pic type **** to a lesser extent or when Andre used to wear eyeliner and skirt-looking things. Rap is based on everyone copying each other and ****** want to be different sometimes. A very easy way of doing that is playing on society's very fragile ideas of what you're "supposed" to do, especially in the subculture of hip hop.

On the other hand they could genuinely be being themselves. But again how thin is the line between being yourself and just doing random **** because you're you (a superstar) and it will cause some type of reaction, start a conversation, brand evolution or financial gain. Hence someone like Ye going in circles and circles this decade.

Yo how old is young moose? I figured he was in his early 20’s but his style make me think he gotta be late 20’s.

Dude actually sound seasoned like he been doin it for awhile. Almost sound like he a writer fr. Lol

Been listening to some of yo ****. cant fake, impressed. Like, i would play this ***** **** in my car fr. that mean something. Lol

He’d be a dope put on for the city. Hopefully he dont get caught up in no BS...

Bro....where have you been the last 5 years :lol:. You had to be completely under a rock to not notice Moose. “Dumb Dumb” used to spin on 92 Q by the hour. And at every club/party. Think how they used to bump Tim Trees back in the day.

Moose and Scoota....literally are the ones that bust the doors open for Baltimore rap in 2014. He “signed” to Boosie. And Meek was f’n with Moose a few years back too. He def seasoned. Yo like 26/27. He’d a been closer to being outta here if them dirty cops ain’t play with his case. Hersl bish ***, who now serving time for being a dirty cop...made it his personal mission to not let Moose blow up. Vice did an article on it some years back.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vi...-vendetta-derailed-a-promising-rappers-career

151DD1BA-6B8B-4876-8C8B-E293E632815D.png

Then the follow up....

https://www.vice.com/amp/en_us/arti...e-warned-us-about-baltimore-police-corruption

D523E70F-00D1-46BF-B182-F33C556F8277.png

of all the great material 50 has come up with for Ja he gotta resort to baiting 50 with some **** from roastingsiri... :smh:

50-on-Marquise.jpg

This was funny, because we didn't get troll 50. We got serious 50 who got straight to the point.

and Slow found out it was a bad idea

Camp Lo, PRT and Smoothe Da Hustler were on there too. They had a few joints.

I know when the label owners split it was messy so **** was probably taking its toll on the company by then.

Cory Robbins went on to have a pretty sccuessful EDM label.

Profile had talent, and even had hit songs, but they couldn't make albums pop or promote and develop artist who had sustainable careers.

All this scammer talk got me missing OG top flight scammer A-Boogie :lol:

Him and Ella had them pieces on fire :sick::smh:

Prime A Boogie....a whole mood. I be going back and listening to his old ****. And yo really be talking that ****. They let the melodies get in the way of the fact that he’s a Bronx spitter....that just uses melodies from time to time :lol:. It’s clear his pen game for real. One of the flyest *****s in the game too. Amiri I wouldn’t be Amiri without A Boogie. He put a lot of these rap *****s on. And even got sons in the rap game (Polo G, Tjay etc). #Influence!

“My jeans are Amiri I swag it up
I got the collection I'm adding up
Flooded the bridge out in Avianne I want you to see where im coming from
I want you to see it ain't no one on one

I want you to know I don't give a ****
I picked up your ***** in a drop top I want you to see her when I pull up”​

The bolded part...is such a cold line to me. The way he flipped the word flooding with high bridge, “the bridge”......double Aunt Andre’s :pimp:

Don Q verse on Floyd Mayweather is crazy too.

“Reach for this watch boy you stupid
Please do not die over music
Hundreds and thousands they come by the hour
We pumped out the housing you wasn't allowed in
Need a rollie just to flood it with diamonds
Need a foreign that gon come with no milage
I got that bag and I ran through it
Come to the field ***** I'm Cam Newton
I bought a chopper that ***** got a stand to it
I jump out the van shooting”​

Show and Prove Wiz barely talked about weed and was reppin Pittsburgh. After his first deal, dude turned more and more into an LA stoner with each project.

Back
Top Bottom