Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Took the words outta my mouth. I'm a fan...but like you, not a "huge" fan. Ross can rap from a technical standpoint, has a great ear for beats, really good delivery, and together it all works sonically.

However, he has like 3-4 different templates...and he justs keeps doing them over, and over, and over, and over again. Which is GREAT, if you're a huge fan of him. But for me, he doesn't rap THAT well to lend him my ear for whole projects anymore. His zenith was Teflon Don. You can keep everything after. I'll check for a Ross feature on the right artists' song all day.

There are alot of artists who I view in this light. Fab being one of them.

This is how I feel about Drake since he added tropical trap beats to his arsenal

Why would you only post his troll tracks that were purely only for wordplay, rest was to piss “ public” off

His track Lucky you with Joyner Lucas gets insane play in my whip on blast

Off topic but Joyner don’t get the credit he deserves
Dude underrated as hell,
wordplay is a fusion of twista and eminem

I’m good

Port of Miami II delivered. The last five tracks he really went off. Dude just knows what artists to feature on his tracks. Ross discography from his class of when he came out is almost unmatched and he can still do this **** effortlessly.

Tried to tell you......

Took the words outta my mouth. I'm a fan...but like you, not a "huge" fan. Ross can rap from a technical standpoint, has a great ear for beats, really good delivery, and together it all works sonically.

However, he has like 3-4 different templates...and he justs keeps doing them over, and over, and over, and over again. Which is GREAT, if you're a huge fan of him. But for me, he doesn't rap THAT well to lend him my ear for whole projects anymore. His zenith was Teflon Don. You can keep everything after. I'll check for a Ross feature on the right artists' song all day.

Yeah, we're on the same page.

I threw on Teflon Don right after as a palette cleanser.:lol:

Like you said, it isn't bad it's just too easy to see the formula when you listen.

Only problem I have with POM2 is that soulful snippet from The AB sessions didn’t make it and that he started off with Act A Fool (a clear attempt at tryna get one of those tracks from MMG’s heyday as opposed to starting it off with something from the aforementioned sessions).

Surprised he didn’t get a pierre/tay Keith/jetsonmade young ***** type beat :lol: that would have been so much better than Act a fool

Nobody’s favorite beat is ghoulish.

Gonna bump my unreleased Ross joints for the weekend.

Have a _ feeling like the world is mine

y8kz-o.gif

I do consider myself a rap fan, but I've never had the desire to spin a Ross album. He just don't do it for me.

Now I'm trying to think who is the last new artist I've given a chance to. Cole and Kendrick. Before that...I dunno...would have to think.

Only problem I have with POM2 is that soulful snippet from The AB sessions didn’t make it and that he started off with Act A Fool (a clear attempt at tryna get one of those tracks from MMG’s heyday as opposed to starting it off with something from the aforementioned sessions).

I just deleted Act A Fool and made Gold Roses #13, MM6 #14 and Vegan Residency the last song.

Most producers have a 5-10 year window to make an impact. Look at Lex Luger, Young Chop or Sonny Digital. I know they still produce but yeah, only a select few can last for more than a decade.

Because they all use FL and everything you loved about their style can be replicated by going to YouTube and learning that **** in 30 minutes so every producer who catches the spotlight since 2010 is at the mercy of the next 15 year old with too much time on their hands mastering their style and adding new elements to it.

This happen to Lex especially he birthed everyone that came after him. shawty redd And Zay started the trap **** but he made it sound HD on some movie ****. The hi hat and snare rolls that sound like guns and **** come from him breaking down his sauce in like 2011.

I wish the producer thread was more active I want a place to pop in and talk beats.

The junt with fab on jim album is a vibe tho.

Listen to it more than any other song on there. Lol

During the 5-6 year span after yo died, a buncha wannabes surfaced

From the outside looking in (I was born during this time period)

It look like

Ja
Master P
DMX

and anyone else who rapped with that “voice” took influence from Pac...try to imitate ja rule as u read this and you’ll know what I mean

Almost like the future/thug flow of back then Lol

I think he overly relied on his “signature flow” on this one. The one where he sets the bars up in his way. And the John Legend vocals can get tiresome as with some of the features. But I spun it twice and enjoyed it. Overall, a good body of work on first listen.

It didn’t hit like “Rather you then me”....which I thought was one of Ross’ best projects. But this was solid. I’ll keep a few.

I think he overly relied on his “signature flow” on this one. The one where he sets the bars up in his way. And the John Legend vocals can get tiresome as with some of the features. But I spun it twice and enjoyed it. Overall, a good body of work on first listen.

It didn’t hit like “Rather you then me”....which I thought was one of Ross’ best projects. But this was solid. I’ll keep a few.

It seems like rappers reach an apex and find a way to constantly produce verses like their most popular ones (I.e. Wayne devolving into ***** and skateboarding and basic metaphors) so they can have extreme output

Meanwhile a Pusha or Andre will drop less but have more potent verses when they do

Was running Ross album. Turnpike Ike and Nobody’s Favorite hard as ****ing bricks but I turned it off after those. Don’t know why I’m just never in the mood for Ross music.

Need Push verse solo off Maybach Music VI ASAP if anybody got that.

From the outside looking in (I was born during this time period)

It look like

Ja
Master P
DMX

and anyone else who rapped with that “voice” took influence from Pac...try to imitate ja rule as u read this and you’ll know what I mean

Almost like the future/thug flow of back then Lol

DMX? Master P? Neither sounds anything like pac not to mention both were rapping before pac passed

Naaaaaaaah

Back
Top Bottom