Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

*****s been complaining about the Grammys literally since Kendrick and Macklemore and that’s probably not even as far back as it goes....

And nobody still ain’t make our own ****. Find a group of people who you feel are great judges of culture and use the Tyler Perry Studio ****.

The real root issue here is structured white acceptance because if Joe, Charlamagne, Jenks, Scottie, ROb Markman, etc. & all the personalities like that announced an award show type thing tomorrow *****s wouldn’t look at that as “qualified” opinions yet the Grammys get a reaction out of you goofy *****s every year :lol:

:lol:

More like since Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince won the first rap grammy

Dame Dash has just been arrested for outstanding child support payments, but the thing is, he's apparently already managed to pay it off.

According to a report TMZ published on Wednesday afternoon (Nov. 20), police picked up the music mogul after he entered a courtroom to try to resolve two arrest warrants for unpaid child support payments he owes his ex-wife Rachel Roy and former flame Cindy Morales. He's got two daughters with Roy and a son with Morales. Back in March, it was reported that Dame owed both of them nearly $400,000 in child support.

Dame tells the media outlet that he traveled to a Manhattan courthouse in order to pay over $1 million for one warrant. From there, Dame says he prepared to travel to another courthouse to pay off the other warrant. Dame says seven policemen, all of whom he describes as being "incredibly kind and cooperative with him" arrested him as he was about to make his way over to the other courthouse. After he was cuffed and processed, Dame says police took him to Brooklyn so he could pay off his other warrant.

The last time Dame had to deal with child support warrants, he made it clear he was willing to do whatever it took to clear his name.

"For some reason when I was in L.A., I got all these warrants saying I didn't pay child support," Dash said. "I’ll sit in jail for three or four days or whatever they want me to do. I’m an innocent man. There’s no reason for me not to turn myself in. I’m sick of my name being compromised."

Now that he's paid up, it looks like Dame's got nothing to worry about.

Read More: Dame Dash Arrested for Owing Child Support, Pays Over $1 Million - XXL | https://www.xxlmag.com/news/2019/11...llion/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

This ya'll God though

Boss ****

Wale whines he doesn't do clown **** like Game

Game is on a whole other level. I think you dudes forget his antics sometimes.

crazy bruh. Game gets pass after pass. 50 cent gets pass after pass. Game is flat out CLOWN to behold. On every level....

But Wale is a whiner. Game is a walking fable.... but wale is a clown? Man please

idk man grammys dont mean nothing to me
idk if we'll ever get to a point where the majority of people will stop caring about Grammys and award shows alike. They've been the standard for so long we are just used to it being the "proof" of success.
Can't remember who said it but somebody said something along the lines of award shows are already bull because you mention the best of that year and you only feel like a success if you win the award when really everybody who was nominated deserves to be praised just the same or something like that

And nobody still ain’t make our own ****. Find a group of people who you feel are great judges of culture and use the Tyler Perry Studio ****.

That's gonna be the hardest part, finding a group of people who either can't be bought or influenced in any way and finding people who many will accept as judges.
It's gonna be a lot of nit picking and people trying to say it doesn't count or isn't important. But I do agree, that's what we need

Dave East album is real good but it got too much filler. They put 4 female records in a row. Nah dawg. That's clearly the label searching for a hit. It's a odd mic of great Dave East and forced radio trendy records. The joints with Gunna and Lil Bay nah. Take them off and it's a lot better.

I'm glad they gave that Nip record Penthouse to him, he did it justice. On My Way 2 School, the Nas joint, Mama I Made It, the Max joint all great. The Nip tribute hit me for real.

Exactly what Def Jam has been doing over there for years, they try to fullfill all roles with albums and it ends up hurting the project overall.

Either way East Raps forreal, so as long as he keeps doing that he's gonna continue to build a solid fanbase. Nothing about his music has led me to believe that he's an artist who's trying to be a billboard type cat.

I would like to see him do a project locked in with one producer tho, even if it's just an EP.

Also :lol: :lol: :lol: at East being like Wale/Game when we barely see this ***** speak outside of album promo time &regular IG videos. again East's biggest "controversy" is saying Old Town road was wack ON HIS OWN IG.

Last edited:
Exactly what Def Jam has been doing over there for years, they try to fullfill all roles with albums and it ends up hurting the project overall.

Either way East Raps forreal, so as long as he keeps doing that he's gonna continue to build a solid fanbase. Nothing about his music has led me to believe that he's an artist who's trying to be a billboard type cat.

I would like to see him do a project locked in with one producer tho, even if it's just an EP.

He got a Ross feature but it's for some chick record. That ain't how you use a Ross feature. :lol:

Good album but it's a couple things that threw it off. And those Araab Musik joints on here had thinking they should lock in and do a project together.

This ya'll God though

Boss ****

this is wild coming from TMZ because didn't they just release an article claiming Dame Dash was "Broke" for like the 100th time... yes he just gave up a million after they reported he barely made 55K this year?

again people pick & choose when to believe stories depending on how they view the person. Dame has definitely called TMZ out on plenty of occasions, i'm not sure i would take all their "reports" serious.

Dave East problem was that he released a ton of mixtapes. That dilutes your buzz. I didn't know if it was an album or mixtape, and I'm sure a lot of other people didn't know. It's just a new annual Dave East project. You're going to stream it anyway. And do you rush to stream mixtapes?

He was never going to be a huge seller, which didn't make sense for Def Jam to do nothing but let him release mixtape after mixtape.

It's just ok to me. I liked Paranoia 2 and Black Rose better.

Paranoia 2 should have been the album.

Dave East problem was that he released a ton of mixtapes. That dilutes your buzz. I didn't know if it was an album or mixtape, and I'm sure a lot of other people didn't know. It's just a new annual Dave East project. You're going to stream it anyway. And do you rush to stream mixtapes?

He was never going to be a huge seller, which didn't make sense for Def Jam to do nothing but let him release mixtape after mixtape.

It's just ok to me. I liked Paranoia 2 and Black Rose better.

Paranoia 2 should have been the album.

It's not just East who goes through that tho, that's the Majority of new artist. by the time their "Debut" drops the average rapper has dropped 4-5 projects. so it's kind of hard to get a fire debut when you dropping two projects a year for 4-5 years.

Tory spoke on it during Joe's Pull up, He pretty much said fans shouldn't expect his best work on the albums because those are the money makers, the mixtapes is where artist can really experiment & release their best music.

It's not just East who goes through that tho, that's the Majority of new artist. by the time their "Debut" drops the average rapper has dropped 4-5 projects. so it's kind of hard to get a fire debut when you dropping two projects a year for 4-5 years.

Tory spoke on it during Joe's Pull up, He pretty much said fans shouldn't expect his best work on the albums because those are the money makers, the mixtapes is where artist can really experiment & release their best music.

Tory isn't one to comment. He remixes a bunch of old ****. What experimenting is he doing?

Thug just dropped a fire “debut” tho :nerd:

Thug just dropped a fire “debut” tho :nerd:

It was a good album,

But Thug is an artist who goes with the times & his music isn't as dependent on storytelling/lyricism/content as somebody like East. Thug's strength is melody which he can always create.

someone like East relies a lot more on his story, and painting a vivid detail of that... Once You have 5-6 projects in the allure is kind of off you when you try to get into that bag.

It was a good album,

But Thug is an artist who goes with the times & his music isn't as dependent on storytelling/lyricism/content as somebody like East. Thug's strength is melody which he can always create.

someone like East relies a lot more on his story, and painting a vivid detail of that... Once You have 5-6 projects in the allure is kind of off you when you try to get into that bag.

Yeah I agree with this mostly. Thug got melodies/flows he can lean on. He had to dial everything back for it to work on a bigger level tho. Minimal experimenting, etc just a straight forward album for the masses.

East is just so confusing. He’ll be good but man, on paper you would think this _ would be lighting it up :lol:

He can rap well, he got the social media/IG presence, females mess w him and he actually willing to do the female leaning songs etc

Back
Top Bottom