Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Dude fathered Pimp rap
The 1st half of discography and influence that he brought.
Speak on it. I genuinely don’t know. For the most part, I just know he been rappin since about 84

I grew up during when he had his resurgence during the lil hyphy movement and in LA, folks round my way and age weren’t checking for him like that. Even with that said, The Ghetto is still one of my favorite songs ever

Speak on it. I genuinely don’t know. For the most part, I just know he been rappin since about 84

I grew up during when he had his resurgence during the lil hyphy movement and in LA, folks round my way and age weren’t checking for him like that. Even with that said, The Ghetto is still on of my favorite songs ever
I'm only 24 so I have no emotional ties or whatever to Short in fact I didn't even like it at 1st b/c I didn't think he could rap. One day I chillin a few yrs ago and it clicked.

Yeah, yall def talkin that “nip a legend” s*** bc he was killed young.

Gibbs, dom, yg, gates and wale currently legends? For all intents and purposes, nip and their careers were/are @ the same place.

Nip was en route to legendary status no doubt. His run was cut short.

its not a slight to dude, just simply the truth.

Yeah, yall def talkin that “nip a legend” s*** bc he was killed young.

Gibbs, dom, yg, gates and wale currently legends? For all intents and purposes, nip and their careers were/are @ the same place.

Nip was en route to legendary status no doubt. His run was cut short.

its not a slight to dude, just simply the truth.
Gibbs might arguably be a legend w/ Pinata putting him there. I've never heard anybody who's heard it not praise it. Dom is one of my favorite rappers ever, but I have respectfully deny calling him a legend. Wale & Gates? Nah. YG dropped my "My Krazy Life" which a lot of ppl already say or will say is "a classic."

Lol

none of them dudes CURRENTLY legends.

ALL of their careers in the same place give or take a few successes. ALL are on their way.

its not a bad thing people.

let em cook. Its not a race, its a marathon.

So if yall say Ja not a legend, I guess Nelly not a legend either?

How about Em?

How about Boosie?

Em a legend

Nelly's run was pretty ****in crazy and he's still popular today. Had a number one single a few years ago. I don't know, that's a tough one.

So if yall say Ja not a legend,

wouldnt eem pay no mind to anyone sayin ja aint a legend.

Dude put his work in and reach heights many will only dream of.

some n****’s just still sippin that 50 kool-aid.

All this legend talk made me think about a Hip Hop Hall of Fame. Like would yall consider every NBA or NFL HoF inductee a legend?

Someone should definitely start a hip hop one though.

This Roddy Ricch banging :pimp:. ***** look like Prime Tracy Chapman on the cover tho :lol:

187D561B-BB52-49E5-95E4-3F52746F1E19.jpeg
A9B1B176-E4B8-4B39-8FA3-D053EAB4D5B5.jpeg

I don't listen to lil baby but every song I've heard from him in passing he's talking about whether or not he'll buy a ***** a purse

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom