Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I just listened to this Roddy project, which i have anticipated for a minute. It's pretty good off second listen.

what i will say is that perception is a MF'er because there's songs on here where he is impersonating Thug & Future on the same track... not like taking small elements, exact flows, delivery, & tones. down to future's crackling voice **** he does on some tracks.

this **** is BLATANT as ****

The reaction to this vs. Desiigner gonna be fascinating

The worst part about that Lizzo **** is that ****** was tryna force takes like this. A lot of em.

This was the first time I saw more men on the goofy **** than the women. Man why can't we just say we don't find that ***** attractive and we find Rihanna attractive you silly ************.

But you also gotta be ready for what Black Twitter dish out damn lmao.

Beyonce still got it tho

no. its not acceptable under any circumstance other than privately. IMHO.
lizzo is a willing pawn IMO.
its not about being big or small or in between. there is an agenda when it comes to oversexualizing black women IMHO and this is more of the status quo.
every other pic you got megan thee stallion with her tongue out, everybody randomly twerks in random areas for no reason at all other than attention, 99% of the music out now talks about stuff in the most vulgar way possible and they don't block out much at all, etc. etc.

I have more to say but i'm at work so i'ma chill. I might come back later and break it all down.
I'd seriously say that and believe when I say it that I believe that Noname is the arguably the best rapper out rn, but since she doesn't hyper sexualize herself and is dark skin she won't be granted the same plateau & opportunities as a Megan thee Stallion or a Lizzo, Nicki Minaj, Card B, etc.

I'd seriously say that and believe when I say it that I believe that Noname is the arguably the best rapper out rn, but since she doesn't hyper sexualize herself and is dark skin she won't be granted the same plateau & opportunities as a Megan thee Stallion or a Lizzo, Nicki Minaj, Card B, etc.

she panders to white people though. I saw that tweet she made a few weeks ago. Basically begging for white “festival acceptance”

it is what it is

I think it's a cool project..definitely some skippables in it for me but I felt like most of the tracks I really liked were songs that already been released. Still want to sit on it a little longer before I make a judgement on it.

I'ma give it a few more spins definitely, his last project didn't click immediately but it grew to be one of my favorites of the year.

Your better than being this obtuse, this ain't got **** to to with Panda boy & everything to do with who & when ya'll decide who gets a pass for biting or "being influenced" by someones style.

Roddy one of my favorite up & comers but i'm gonna call a spade a spade & their are songs on here where it's straight Soulja Tsung levels of imitating & it's cool. when ya'll don't rock with certain artist it's them biting a sound/ stealing

when ya'll do support an artist it's nah he's just being influenced. That Track i posted could be thrown in the middle of super slimy & someone would just think the engineer ****ed up the pitch.

You've been very vocal about Travis being a mashup of certain artist, Roddy doing the same thing B

**** Travis 🤷🏾‍♂️. Go Roddy!

52831190-2BFC-408D-B8A1-5F3ED0529EED.gif

Cold world. But it ain’t the same. Nuances are plenty. And you know this bout panda boy :lol:.

she panders to white people though. I saw that tweet she made a few weeks ago. Basically begging for white “festival acceptance”

it is what it is

Nah it was actually the opposite. She was saying she gonna retire because her shows are so overwhelmingly white :lol:

She pissed black people aint at her shows and said she feel weird constantly performing for those type crowds

it is what it is
No no NO. She didn't say that at all. She said the complete opposite dawg.

And I quote "“Me consistently creating content that is primarily consumed by a white audience who would rather **** on me than challenge their liberalism because somehow liking Lizzos music absolves them of racist tendencies." “Unfortunately, I’m not going to keep performing for predominantly white crowds. I have two shows on the books then after that I’m chilling on making music. If y’all don’t wanna leave the crib I feel it. I don’t want to dance on a stage for white people.”

I will not allow you to spread false narratives about her. Noname is anything, but a sellout. No no NO!

The reaction to this vs. Desiigner gonna be fascinating

It won't because let's get this CLEAR from the jump

Roddy ricch is a MUCH better artist then desiigner & is actually really talented.

In a way Roddy is Game level impersonating, while Desiigner was Soulja level impersonating.. Two completely different levels of skill & talent, doesn't change the fact that they are actively copying other artist :lol:

One is just accepted because they've been able to continually doing it on a high level, and for some reason new NYC artist are the only ones who get heavy flack for assimilating towards non region sounding music.

Nah it was actually the opposite. She was saying she gonna retire because her shows are so overwhelmingly white :lol:

She pissed black people aint at her shows and said she feel weird constantly performing for those type crowds
Boy people really gotta research things b4 they boldly say sh*t like this, people really gotta research things b4 they believe it. Hell no, what he said was crazy wrong.

trynafeelmink trynafeelmink
6pac 6pac

its one thing to bite, take influence or whatever for a song etc. Everyone bites. You acting like I don’t acknowledge that. Shoot, one of my favorite songs of Thugs album was an absolute bite off of Future project. This song clearly rips from Future album earlier in the year. I called it out then.

Durkio etc all got their moments where they try to do their best Futuee impersonations. But with cats like Desiigner, they make the biting their identity. It’s why they don’t last. That’s the difference. The other cats can stand alone and make music that’s unique to them, and them.

That’s the difference.

Boy people really gotta research things b4 they boldly say sh*t like this, people really gotta research things b4 they believe it. Hell no, what he said was crazy wrong.

welp, actually says more about BLACK FANS than anything. I actually had been hearing and listening to her since I use to visit fakeshoredrive.com daily. This was years ago though. I had not really listened to her new stuff.

This was the first time I saw more men on the goofy **** than the women. Man why can't we just say we don't find that ***** attractive and we find Rihanna attractive you silly mother****er.

Cause most men don't just say she's unattractive straight out they go around with fake takes of "But not at an NBA game" or other lazy complaints. Most of the time if a dude says he doesn't find a chick attractive we just move on but because some dudes gotta be extra extra for the "LOLs" they get themselves caught up in the Twitter machine of abrasive harassment. And then at that time they cry victim and "Just speaking facts!" or "It's so PC, you can't say anything".

welp, actually says more about BLACK FANS than anything. I actually had been hearing and listening to her since I use to visit fakeshoredrive.com daily. This was years ago though. I had not really listened to her new stuff.

I mean not really, if I wasn't a fan of her and I read through the conversation dudes in here was havin' about her I'd avoid her. Most of y'all don't listen to her but find great pleasure in being over the top about her looks and her inappropriate dress so that would deter more people from her than anything. Not to mention the effect being called a "plant" several times would have on a potential listeners

I mean not really, if I wasn't a fan of her and I read through the conversation dudes in here was havin' about her I'd avoid her. Most of y'all don't listen to her but find great pleasure in being over the top about her looks and her inappropriate dress so that would deter more people from her than anything. Not to mention the effect being called a "plant" several times would have on a potential listeners

I was talking about NoNameGyps :lol: :lol: :lol:

again, I’m not a lizzo fan, or a fan of the whole “booty shaking” in public or online culture.

I LOVE big women. Again, she was a*** out a game with CHILDREN in attendance and I haven’t seen anyone on twitter or wherever mention that. Again, it says more about how our “culture” glorifies sex and body consciousness more than ever.

She’s got millions of followers, gets plenty attention by going “live” and whatnot. How much more attention does she want?????

10-20 years from now, she might be crying broke or bankrupt because she devoted more of her time into garnering shock value, than trying to make MONEY

I was talking about NoNameGyps :lol: :lol: :lol:

again, I’m not a lizzo fan, or a fan of the whole “booty shaking” in public or online culture.

I LOVE big women. Again, she was a*** out a game with CHILDREN in attendance and I haven’t seen anyone on twitter or wherever mention that. Again, it says more about how our “culture” glorifies sex and body consciousness more than ever.

She’s got millions of followers, gets plenty attention by going “live” and whatnot. How much more attention does she want?????

10-20 years from now, she might be crying broke or bankrupt because she devoted more of her time into garnering shock value, than trying to make MONEY

I'll take that L lol

I'm confused, do you care about the kids or not cause it seems like you flip floppin' back and forth

I mean, if body consciousness is about being comfortable with ones and other's bodies her showing her behind at a basketball game wouldn't be an issue it would be proof that a child is comfortable with the fact that just like everybody else Lizzo has a butt. You put quotes around culture as if you are implying that we don't have a culture. No question there, just wanted to highlight that interesting decision you made.

You talk about where she could be in 10-20 years and sure she could be broke, she could also still be successful we don't know so let's not choose a hypothetical argument to stand on.

I'll take that L lol

I'm confused, do you care about the kids or not cause it seems like you flip floppin' back and forth

I mean, if body consciousness is about being comfortable with ones and other's bodies her showing her behind at a basketball game wouldn't be an issue it would be proof that a child is comfortable with the fact that just like everybody else Lizzo has a butt. You put quotes around culture as if you are implying that we don't have a culture. No question there, just wanted to highlight that interesting decision you made.

You talk about where she could be in 10-20 years and sure she could be broke, she could also still be successful we don't know so let's not choose a hypothetical argument to stand on.

I care about children! My point is some adults fake like they do!
I’ve got a 28 year old sister, who had my 1 year old niece dancing and booty shaking on IG. What I’m saying is, if you paint that image in a child’s head, you can’t be made if they wound up having a child, as a teen.

Young boys and young girls in the crowd may view that as acceptable. Look at all the scandals with human trafficking, people kidnapping minors, etc.

ALL THIS IMAGERY GOES HAND IN HAND. Again, if certain parents are OKAY with their child seeing that type of imagery, so be it.

People (or "bots") basing their arguments on her expressing her "individuality", "sexuality", or any other "ality" they wanna wax poetic about these days is just idiotic. It's a sporting event. Not the VMAs. Not the Met Gala, or one of her shows. Nobody went to that basketball game, wondering if they gonna see some cakes. Even Madonna used to cover up when she went scouting for D at games. Same rules apply. Got nothing to do with her being + size. It was inappropriate.

I care about children! My point is some adults fake like they do!
I’ve got a 28 year old sister, who had my 1 year old niece dancing and booty shaking on IG. What I’m saying is, if you paint that image in a child’s head, you can’t be made if they wound up having a child, as a teen.

Young boys and young girls in the crowd may view that as acceptable. Look at all the scandals with human trafficking, people kidnapping minors, etc.

ALL THIS IMAGERY GOES HAND IN HAND. Again, if certain parents are OKAY with their child seeing that type of imagery, so be it.
eh, its just sex to me. if she talked about how she enjoyed ppl defecating on her face and peeing in her butthole it wouldn't bother me... well it would b/c i found that disgusting, but i wouldn't be bothered enough to have a whole discussion about it. I don't even really care about her bare back being out. i just don't want to see it b/c i find the thought of her being naked disgusting.

i will say that she was inconsiderate though.

trynafeelmink trynafeelmink
6pac 6pac

its one thing to bite, take influence or whatever for a song etc. Everyone bites. You acting like I don’t acknowledge that. Shoot, one of my favorite songs of Thugs album was an absolute bite off of Future project. This song clearly rips from Future album earlier in the year. I called it out then.

Durkio etc all got their moments where they try to do their best Futuee impersonations. But with cats like Desiigner, they make the biting their identity. It’s why they don’t last. That’s the difference. The other cats can stand alone and make music that’s unique to them, and them.

That’s the difference.

Bruh someone gotta explain these two songs :lol:
And I like Roddy and he's definitely better than Desiigner but they both got songs where you could mistake it for Super.

A testament to how much dude changed the game damn near created a new subgenre.

Suburban college black girls is about as close as she's gonna get

Lol at her thinking she's gonna have anywhere near Meg or DaBaby's demographic with whisper woke raps. I liked a few of her **** my damn self
:lol:
she reminded me of a female Chance (at the time). Them *****es wanna shake *** and talk **** bout ****** she gotta find a way to put the medicine in the candy.

But all that complaining already kinda ****** her up bc white people not gonna wanna **** with her and honestly Tierra Whack kinda in that same-ish lane and IMO her ceiling to have hits and **** is much higher.

Back
Top Bottom