Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I LOVE big women. Again, she was a*** out a game with CHILDREN in attendance and I haven’t seen anyone on twitter or wherever mention that. Again, it says more about how our “culture” glorifies sex and body consciousness more than ever.
U know what’s wild though
She wouldn’t go to Dubai and act like that
If she know it’s disrespectful out there
Why does she feels it’s ok to do that here
With kids in attendance and all that
Like if it was some adult type party or whatever private
Go ahead do whatever
I still wouldn’t be down with it
But where and how u do stuff
Says a lot about someone
At least in my eyes
Again
She wouldn’t do that in Dubai or whatever
I’m just saying have some respect for others
All fine to feel good about being a big woman
And all that
But what does having ur *** out got to do with that
Folks stay killing dudes who sag their pants
But this is acceptable???
Nah I’m not rolling

Yo I thought the “not the kids” take was BS until my kid said “why would she do that around kids”

the babies don’t wanna see her big *** wobblin on the Jumbotron either :lol:

Mf got the NERVE to be on twitter posting her beside Rih saying what’s the difference :lol:

We JUST had Kansas basketball team ban Snoop Dogg for having strippers at a Pep Rally... people two faced.

man’s stop comparing Meg to Lizzo. If that was Meg at game, I’d say the same s****

it’s not even about her physique. Majority of us have stated that we adore big women.

I agree there's an agenda against black women that cover a number of ways and levels, but I can't help but feel bad for women like Lizzo who are bigger but just as vocal and energetic about how much they are comfortable with their bodies and all they get back is this negativity that isn't consistently applied to every woman. The same way a black woman is more scrutinized than other women, fat black women have to be super well behaved and almost ashamed of how they look because they'll be laughed at, made fun of, or labeled as "attention wh**es" even tho they are doing the same things smaller women are doing.

Of all the agendas that are out there, women have their own and one of them is freedom to be their selves no matter who is watching. Black women have to be on the best behavior ALL THE TIME or they get that same reaction of being called sl*ts or thots if they dress too revealing or the "angry black woman" if they respond aggressively to somebody/some thing.

I think it's more harmful than helpful for us to try to shut her down every time she steps outside of the "normal" box for women who look like her. Rebel Wilson is typecast as the overweight overly sexual girl in practically all the movies that she plays in and I see her accepted in the vast majority of everything that she's involved in. Given my circles are not really her target demo for an audience but I see SOOO much support for her but here we are finding a way to talk about how disgusting Lizzo's body is and how NOBODY wants to see it, instead of allowing her that freedom that most black women don't have the opportunity to have.

Sometimes it's better to not like something and say nothing than to voice your displeasure knowing it's going to be echoed much louder. I practice that with black businesses. If I go to a black owned business and get less than adequate service, I don't leave bad reviews or go out of my way to share my bad experience but instead I'll message the business and voice my concerns because more important than me telling other people how I was dissatisfied I want that business to improve and flourish. We seem more caught up in chastising her based on how WE personally feel instead of letting her be and letting those who support the peace of supporting.

All that is cool but you can be confident and still understand who you are and time and place. That ain't for her. Jill Scott wasn't doing all this stuff.

When Lizzo posed nude for her album cover I had no problem with it because I understand as a big broad she wanna show she's comfortable and confident. We got it now, she can chillout. Everything about her is over the top/doing too much right now.

Roddy turned a Compton corner and ended up in Zone 6. That ***** is BITING.

Album cool though, but let’s not act like he ain’t tryna be them boys.

Best beats this year??

Asked a friend and he said

Alchemist-Stugots
Westside Gunn-Lucha Bros
Curren$y-Nothing Less
Ohbliv-Gnosis
Rome Streetz-96 Nauti Windbreaker ****

I aint heard none of these yet

fat, thick, skinny, white black, you show up to a basketball game on tv with your cheeks on the seats and people are gonna talk about it

Only if you're fat, it becomes fat shaming. If Nicki did it they would talk about how overly sexualized her music is and the bad image it sends to young girls. A fat chick does it, and it's building confidence in other fat chicks.

If she wants to do that in her concerts cool. But there's a time and place for everything.

She's 30 something years old and is just another female rapper sending out a poor image to the world.

Also are they laughing with you or laughing at you?

Lizzo's the fat chick in Euphoria, only she's a grown *** woman.

Also are they laughing with you or laughing at you?

Lizzo's the fat chick in Euphoria, only she's a grown *** woman.
i don't even think she laughing
i think she crying inside
u can tell
no happy person
would do the stuff she be doing
and doubling down like she does

Roddy turned a Compton corner and ended up in Zone 6. That ***** is BITING.

Album cool though, but let’s not act like he ain’t tryna be them boys.

The internet has made everything one place. Regional sound and slang is super rare. Majority of these dudes now that decide to rap are gonna do what's easy and what's poppin. That rappy/singy/trap beats style is the go to. I've given up expecting _'s to be original. :lol:

With that said Roddy is talented though.

The internet has made everything one place. Regional sound and slang is super rare. Majority of these dudes now that decide to rap are gonna do what's easy and what's poppin. That rappy/singy/trap beats style is the go to. I've given up expecting _'s to be original. :lol:

With that said Roddy is talented though.
Yeah I know regional sounds died a couple years ago, it’s still just funny to me. And son is very talented, he still biting though. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom