Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I knew Wale was beached when nobody talked out this:
1579208842356.jpeg

this stayed in rotation for me.

Any attention or lacktherof that Wale gets is all his doing. He hasn't been the most likable person

Misdirects his passion. It sucks because he makes a good point, but his delivery (whining) is always off. :smh:

Oddly enough, that’s one of the themes on This album. Definitely his best work next to TAAN (best album of 2015).

Word. I didn’t hear a peep about SOS. I remember hearing the snippet of Scarface Rozay and Gotti and hoping it would have made this project. :smh:
This should’ve been his album imo. I didn’t like Shine at all. Especially after the lil underrated streak he had from Folarin to SOS.

Wale really dropped one of the best albums of 2019. Been in rotation since it dropped. Crazy how it went under the radar. :smh:
Great album but I feel like this is a consistent theme for his abums

This and Album about nothing is a classiv IMO

Any attention or lacktherof that Wale gets is all his doing. He hasn't been the most likable person

I never understood this tho.

Shine was definitely a miss. It had some good tracks on it, but nah.

It didn’t help that he was arguing with Akademiks when that dropped. Low record sales, Ak clowning him, Ak’s followers trolling him, then his previous haters adding their usual hate to the mix... yeah. It was quiet for my guy when Shine came. :smh:

Great album but I feel like this is a consistent theme for his abums

This and Album about nothing is a classiv IMO

I never understood this tho.
Never understood what. Bruh is a habitual “I don’t get my credit” type complainer. He doesn’t but complaining about it the way he does doesn’t help at all. It makes you come off a type of way.

Misdirects his passion. It sucks because he makes a good point, but his delivery (whining) is always off. :smh:

Yup. We know in hip hop it's all about "how you say it". Jay, Tip, Wayne have called themselves the best or the King with a level of confidence and bravado and majority of people felt like they proved it with their work. Wale comes across as "why don't love me like such and such..." and on top of that most people just look at Wale like he's ok. He's not as great as he claims or his peers.

Never understood what. Bruh is a habitual “I don’t get my credit” type complainer. He doesn’t but complaining about it the way he does doesn’t help at all. It makes you come off a type of way.

Got it,
I dont follow him personally I just check for his music. and to be honest he doesnt. He puts out solid projects and never gets any love.
But then again Im not following him on social so his antics i miss.

Yup. We know in hip hop it's all about "how you say it". Jay, Tip, Wayne have called themselves the best or the King with a level of confidence and bravado and majority of people felt like they proved it with their work. Wale comes across as "why don't love me like such and such..." and on top of that most people just look at Wale like he's ok. He's not as great as he claims or his peers.

Agreed with everything you wrote except the very last sentence.

IMO That man is cold on the mic. No way around that in my book. I’ve said it mad times that neither Cole or Drake have albums that are better than TAAN, top to bottom.

Fat Gucci :frown: Trap :emoji_goat:

Buddy need to retire from dropping new projects though.. new stuff isn’t trash trash but it don’t stick and nobody checkin for him on a music tip anymore.
It might be time to call game :frown:. Occasional features and tours from here on out. He even lost his super scouting ability.

Wale whined his prime away.

He didn't instantly get that look of being on the same level as Drake, Cole, Kendrick and whined for years about it instead of just continuing to work. He still in a decent place but as Drake, Cole and Kendrick themselves enter the other side of 35 and new ****** likely become the "big 3" Wale wasted a lot of time ******* up his perception by always whining about not being on that level.

Who y’all got as the “big 3” of next generation
Taking Cole, Kendrick, Drake, Meek, Future out the conversation

Back
Top Bottom