Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Imagine having all of Quanity, Quality & 4 Classics....

45E7EFD3-06E6-4B43-B860-1C8E2C7372F9.jpeg

giphy.gif

Travis & Thug fasho. Third spot is up in the air really.

Thug finally getting his due...and could potentially be in that tier..the more grumpy rap conservatives lose their voice/influence to late 20 somethings-early 30s folks.

Youngboy could ease into the Star Lil Wayne was around Carter 2. Can def see that happening.

There’s always going to be a traditional lyricist....who’s branched off a respected label/act. I see JID picking up some steam. His fan base is pretty loyal...he’s engaging and it’s easy to draw the line from Kendrick/3K to him....and hold him up as the model. Baby Keem getting a lot of love in some lanes as well. He going to blow off the TDE, hipster and critics lane.

Then it’s up in the air. It really depends on who the fans want.

Travis might be the only one thats just obvious

He def took the next step in 2018

i feel like the thing thats gonna hold Travis back from that Drake, Kendrick Cole tier is that his music don't really touch you. He has an abundance of bells and whistles and the music is good, but he will never give you a verse that will hit your chest or make your face scrunch up the way Cole, Kendrick and Drake have done (at times). Or even going back to Ye, Wayne, TIP, 50. I feel like Kodak and maybe YB the only one of that ilk rn.

Thug finally getting his due...and could potentially be in that tier..the more grumpy rap conservatives lose their voice/influence to late 20 somethings-early 30s folks.

Youngboy could ease into the Star Lil Wayne was around Carter 2. Can def see that happening.

There’s always going to be a traditional lyricist....who’s branched off a respected label/act. I see JID picking up some steam. His fan base is pretty loyal...he’s engaging and it’s easy to draw the line from Kendrick/3K to him....and hold him up as the model. Baby Keem getting a lot of love in some lanes as well. He going to blow off the TDE, hipster and critics lane.

Then it’s up in the air. It really depends on who the fans want.

Forgot about Keem. He gonna be around too. I think he Kendrick cousin IRL.

And you absolutely right about that Kendrick/3 Stacks/JID just pure "spitter" lane...

Rap and the NBA are very parallel right now (Complex/DJBooth gonna finesse a whole article off this :lol:). The former kings are cooling off/settling down and it's anyone's league...

I don’t think Travis has the variety in his music and sound to extend past his peak. I could be wrong tho
If I had to chime in on it, I'm not sure any of the cats that are on our conciousness right now care enough about anything to have that longevity.

Cole cares about his people in general. Kendrick cares as well.

Kanye cared bout being the best. Jay is similar. Drake as well.

**** these new cats care about? If they arent going to try and uplift in some way, then I dont know why anyone's going to remember them.

If I had to chime in on it, I'm not sure any of the cats that are on our conciousness right now care enough about anything to have that longevity.

Cole cares about his people in general. Kendrick cares as well.

Kanye cared bout being the best. Jay is similar. Drake as well.

**** these new cats care about? If they arent going to try and uplift in some way, then I dont know why anyone's going to remember them.

Yeah most these new dudes just wanna get money it ain't no deeper intentions than just tryna live and portray the "Rapper Lifestyle" which is why the culture is where it's at.

swear youtube reccomend black dudes the same videos nationwide :lol: ****** got a whole category for "black mfs under 40 who like hip hop"

B High been KILLING it lately tho. For ATL to be running rap for as long as it has...and not having the traditional nationwide radio/podcast/internet discussion was a travesty. Like, breakfast club, budden, Akademiks, hot 97 etc ran the traditional rap convo lanes...while ATL was dominating.

B High mentioned he felt a way about this. He been going hard getting the interviews/content out there. And his relationships go way back. I knew he was up to something when Benny the butcher came on there. He trying to establish a southern Hot 97/Breakfast Club lane. Guys going to him for old stories and press runs. He building it up. Not sure if he’s edgy or compelling enough for viral videos. But the content and convos are good.

Who y’all got as the “big 3” of next generation
Taking Cole, Kendrick, Drake, Meek, Future out the conversation
I don’t think there will be. Music seems to be moving more towards where you find what you like and listen to that, and you’ll hear what’s poppin to the masses at social events or on social media.
I guess we have to pay attention to who the current top tier pushes. The last top tier group somewhat pushed this tier one group if I’m not mistaken?

Bernie Mac show>>>Martin

Yeah I said it.

EDIT: I mean, the commet works here as well, but this is not where I meant to post it.

Bernie Mac show>>>Martin

Yeah I said it.

EDIT: I mean, the commet works here as well, but this is not where I meant to post it.
who cares which one better
they both are enjoyable to watch
stop tryna put black folks
and their accomplishments against one another
with yo biscuit eating self

who cares which one better
they both are enjoyable to watch
stop tryna put black folks
and their accomplishments against one another
with yo biscuit eating self
Bruh, everyone shares opinions. **** off If you dont like mine, or share a discussion with me. I'm fine either way.

I agree though, both quality. But folks dont prop up the Bernie Mac Show the way they do Martin. I think its that 90's bias.

Gotta hold it down for anyone from Chicago. And Bernie is definitely better than Martin. Life lessons here, bruh.

B High been KILLING it lately tho. For ATL to be running rap for as long as it has...and not having the traditional nationwide radio/podcast/internet discussion was a travesty. Like, breakfast club, budden, Akademiks, hot 97 etc ran the traditional rap convo lanes...while ATL was dominating.

B High mentioned he felt a way about this. He been going hard getting the interviews/content out there. And his relationships go way back. I knew he was up to something when Benny the butcher came on there. He trying to establish a southern Hot 97/Breakfast Club lane. Guys going to him for old stories and press runs. He building it up. Not sure if he’s edgy or compelling enough for viral videos. But the content and convos are good.

Word when you put it like that I ain't mad @ it.

I actually just watched this :lol:

Dude say he came in with Jermaine, he was on So So Def?

Back
Top Bottom