Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

:lol:

Jim sound dumb as hell and he tryna argue 2 separate things

Being in/from the streets not a prerequisite to be a rapper, especially in today’s climate

EXACTLY. Jim had turncoat69 in his crew. :Lol :lol: :lol: ain't no streets man. This s***** fufu out here nowadays

Snitching gets a pass now. That's all you need to know

Maybe im missing it, but i dont see any kind of study saying one had a higher rate than the other.

To be clear though, i do agree that kids from inmer cities do suffer from PTSD. Not denying that. Just thought the tweet you posted seemed more like someone on twitter making a claim with nothing backing it.

I don't see how Def Jam couldn't manage to grab up at least ONE of the buzzing BK drill rappers :lol:

Paul Rosenberg being president probably has a lot to do with that, IDK if this 50 thing is true or not but if so he's perfect for it because he at least keeps people who are in the mix around him. And you can tell he pays attention to the climate of rap even if he doesn't actively release music.

If 50 is serious about taking the job, then he should hire Punch for a role over there. dude was Early on GS9, Tekashi, Desiighner, Young MA, & a bunch of the other Young BK artist that came out.

He was a host on This is 50 for years

Last edited:

This definitely 100% to do wit P, Most of the other Pull ups he's done make sense. It's either Legends in the game, people he got personal relationships with, or artist he bigs up a lot.

I don't know where Lil Baby fits in with that but hey

Paul and Em never built any rappers

and 50 is no different.

Them making Paul the head of Def Jam shows how in touch with the culture those in charge are

This definitely 100% to do wit P, Most of the other Pull ups he's done make sense. It's either Legends in the game, people he got personal relationships with, or artist he bigs up a lot.

I don't know where Lil Baby fits in with that but hey

He's had ppl like Russ, Meg thee Stallion and YBN Cordae on there too tho

Edit: And Big Sean who he previously hated and isn't a legend :lol:

double edit: I guess they’ve talked about Cordae some on the pod

Last edited:
He's had ppl like Russ, Meg thee Stallion and YBN Cordae on there too tho

Edit: And Big Sean who he previously hated and isn't a legend :lol:

double edit: I guess they’ve talked about Cordae some on the pod

He's talked about Russ a lot on his pod, not really the music but he's been pretty outspoken about how he likes Russ business & attitude, They constantly talk about Meg & women rap in general, And they talked about Cordae a lot also.

Sean he's publicly hated on for awhile :lol: :lol: , but that makes sense because at the very least Joe seems to keep track of and discusses a lot (Kendrick situation, Jhene, alliance with GOOD etc etc) so i at least know he would have things to talk about.

Lil Baby on the other hand just seems like an odd fit, because Joe has never seemed to care about him either way & lil Baby is pretty low key so idk what they'll speak on outside of music

Back
Top Bottom