Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Joe doesn’t respect Southern rap. He’ll talk about the good/bad headlines made by the artists, but outside of that the south gets no shine on his platforms. That in mind, him sitting with Baby is a just a weird *** pairing.
I definitely agree with you but one of the Southern artists he does like is lil baby. A cpl weeks ago on his podcast, he was saying how lil baby one of the best at “crooning” rap and stays washing ppl on his features

Joe is absolutely East coast Bias, but to say he doesn't respect southern hiphop is a wild take.

Now if you wanna say he doesn't respect a lot of the newer rap artist who do trap or drill (From ANY region) there may be validity to that. And i swear if ya'll come in here with that "But he said Atliens!!" **** again :lol:

Joe doesn’t respect Southern rap. He’ll talk about the good/bad headlines made by the artists, but outside of that the south gets no shine on his platforms. That in mind, him sitting with Baby is a just a weird *** pairing.

S****, it ain’t like he got any northern cats to discuss. They copying us down here. He better evolve. There’s literally no new NY rappers of note to discuss. Can’t talk to the Fabs, jadakiss’ or nas’ forever. We’ve heard practically All their industry stories.

NYC rap is like Notre Dame football. All their legends are far in the past. Straight legacy acts. No one new

This definitely 100% to do wit P, Most of the other Pull ups he's done make sense. It's either Legends in the game, people he got personal relationships with, or artist he bigs up a lot.

I don't know where Lil Baby fits in with that but hey

I thought it was odd too but I ain’t mad at it. I actually wanna see Joe try to get all deep with this ***** :lol: And P definitely got something to do with this which is so funny because Wale just casually brought their new lil “relationship” up in the last Pull Up :lol: Joe don’t want any issues

Homie going for that crown. His lane wide open with his only competition being Charlamagne. When them ****** get a show together....

Baby should’ve went to Big Facts instead.

I don’t want to see Joe try to therapy this ***** to death. Raised eye brow *** *****.

I feel like he Gon go sit down on Big facts too. They shoot saturdays right

bank just did a show wit future and baby.

with all these rapper/etc. owned/controlled media platforms becoming more important I hope someone makes the obvious play and we aren’t fixated on begging Spotify/Netflix/etc. for deals....

I remember he butchered something with Outkast terribly I think he pronounced their album “@liens” or some crazy **** :lol:

all the reasons y’all bringing up is why I actually think this gon be good. He gon ask the non typical ****.

S****, it ain’t like he got any northern cats to discuss. They copying us down here. He better evolve. There’s literally no new NY rappers of note to discuss. Can’t talk to the Fabs, jadakiss’ or nas’ forever. We’ve heard practically All their industry stories.

NYC rap is like Notre Dame football. All their legends are far in the past. Straight legacy acts. No one new

obviously not gon happen now but Pop Smoke woulda been a dope interview.

shmurda when he touches down is mandatory for Joe or Charlamagne.

Between Ak (yes, Ak) and Joe, I feel that one of them is gonna make a big money play very soon

Ak been ahead by how he runs his platform(s)
But everyone seems to be more “in” with sitting with Joe or checking for his content

Either way, we’re taking the power out of these big corporations and bringing it back to the culture (whatever you define as that these days)

Between Ak (yes, Ak) and Joe, I feel that one of them is gonna make a big money play very soon

Ak been ahead by how he runs his platform(s)
But everyone seems to be more “in” with sitting with Joe or checking for his content

Either way, we’re taking the power out of these big corporations and bringing it back to the culture (whatever you define as that these days)

Ak is another one. Hate or Love dude he got this generation in the palm of his hands.

Ak, Joe and Charlamagne doing something would be interesting.

As far as taking the power back...how much power are we taking back when we still look at iHeartMedia, Complex, Viacom, Spotify, Apple as the pinnacle of where this made from scratch IP can go? as opposed to creating our own new thing that in ten years can be its own powerhouse.

it’s a really fascinating thing going on with all this rap content that I don’t even wanna put into words bc u never know who is lurking but I hope Joe Charla Ak Bank etc all see it too.

From a MUSICAL standpoint....:lol:. Hell no.

50 keeps his ear to the street and he always embraces young artists. All them young NY _'s look up to him. Damn near every one that has popped over the last 6 years has said he's the one they looked up to. The drill _'s in Chicago said they was influenced by him. It could work.

Joe is absolutely East coast Bias, but to say he doesn't respect southern hiphop is a wild take.

Now if you wanna say he doesn't respect a lot of the newer rap artist who do trap or drill (From ANY region) there may be validity to that. And i swear if ya'll come in here with that "But he said Atliens!!" **** again :lol:

Maybe "don't respect" is too far but that podcast as a whole lacks knowledge on southern rap. Parks thought Rozay ran Def Jam South. It was Scarface and that label folded in 2003. Like for real dawg? :lol:

Def Jam isn't really Def Jam anymore.
This is reinvention time for a lot of companies. Adidas the past ten years, Puma, Champion, etc.

no reason Def Jam can’t flourish off of the nostalgia of being the top label from 97-98 till around Watch The Throne/maybe when Drake and Nicki arrived. Along with signing new acts. It’s no shortage of rappers.

Nah bro don’t try to get ahead of it. You know damn well At Lee Ans was crazy. :lol:

Maybe doesn’t respect was a bit too hyperbolic. I can admit that since I’ve seen him show love to Chainz, Ross, Scar Face, Wayne :smile:rolleyes ), etc.

But he doesn’t give Southern Hip Hop the credence it deserves, especially in the current climate. The NY bias in homie is too strong for me to take him serious when it comes to stuff involving Southern acts.

With this Baby interview, you can see it from a mile away that Joe is playing the long game to get the Migos interview when they’re about to drop because the clicks will be through the roof based on the complex run in. He not low. :lol:

Know good and well Joe isn’t bumping Baby’s joint once P and K leave the room. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom