Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Finding it harder to have a great amount of sympathy for artists in the music business getting f’ed over from signing a bad contract.

At this point, there’s a long standing history of shady contract practices for people to draw a reference from. If you’re not getting an attorney to assist with negotiations from the jump, you’re damn near asking for it.
Ppl still be in a rush to sign any paperwork that's gon put $10k in their account the next business day...Like you said they never learn until its too late then trying to scramble on the back end :{

IMO, D Smoke has the runaway album of the year so far. I know its just March, but we will see when he gets a challenger.

She did all that twerking, booty shaking, fake relationship with susbagg yo, now her money getting low.

Life has a weird way of humbling people. I think she's here to stay and I respect her grind so, this should motivate her to move different.

Can't be friendly with everyone, especially when they see your earning power.

Trick Daddy was WYLIN on 99jamz this morning. Pretty much implying that pop smoke homeboys should "handle they business" or stay outta LA. :Lol :lol :lol

I wonder who's idea it was to steal that car. If it wasn't his idea and he was peer pressured, smh.

Trick a whole fool :lol :lol :lol either knock someone off or stay out of LA :lol

i see meg got her wake up call about the recording industry . you got 1501 , j.prince, rocnation and i think 300 all in her paperwork :smh:

She said Roc Nation was the ones that told her like "aye your contract is f'ed up".

Finding it harder to have a great amount of sympathy for artists in the music business getting f’ed over from signing a bad contract.

At this point, there’s a long standing history of shady contract practices for people to draw a reference from. If you’re not getting an attorney to assist with negotiations from the jump, you’re damn near asking for it.

If these were grown adults that know business I agree but in Megan's case she was 20 years old when she signed. They don't know anything about attorneys and contract language. It's rare for a 20-22 year old to know their long term worth. Ice Cube is probably the only one I can think of that turned down a deal at that age. Young adults are always gonna get played in the music business. Just how people on power operate.

tumblr_m8oulqTQff1qk89yro1_1280.jpg

The record industry prays on the young and naive. They just want to get on. They worry about the contract details later, normally when they gain more wisdom or someone is able to properly guide them.

You can still have empathy for that, because young people do a lot dumber things than sign bad record deals.

She did all that twerking, booty shaking, fake relationship with susbagg yo, now her money getting low.

Life has a weird way of humbling people. I think she's here to stay and I respect her grind so, this should motivate her to move different.

Can't be friendly with everyone, especially when they see your earning power.

I doubt her money is low. It's just not what it should be.

Trick Daddy was WYLIN on 99jamz this morning. Pretty much implying that pop smoke homeboys should "handle they business" or stay outta LA. :Lol :lol: :lol:

I wonder who's idea it was to steal that car. If it wasn't his idea and he was peer pressured, smh.

Trick a whole fool :lol: :lol: :lol: either knock someone off or stay out of LA :lol:
how is trick daddy food spot
have u been???

Back
Top Bottom