Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

My brothaaaa you got me smoking mad weed! Ye hemar!

Stop it khamsa, wallah what you do is wrong.

You dont visit us no moooor you dont call us no moooor. You hurt my feelings ye hemarrrr. On my tour my ***

From earlier

Like i said French is trolling with the Kendrick talk, but people are talking as if French hasn't put in work to get where he is, you don't have a successful rap career for over 10 years because of relationships.

French has had a lot more "Hits" then a lot of ****** when i go with the definition used in here frequently.

Nobody said he didn’t have “hits tho”. From what I read.... *****s just said he was wilding, with the Kendrick ****, and some *****s think he wack. That’s pretty much it.

You doing some projecting here dawg :lol:.

Wale played himself passing on See You Again but I always wonder if it would have been as big with him on it

Had no idea he passed on that, dude really be standing in his own way sometimes :lol: . IDK if it hits the same way with him tho, Wiz works perfect for those records

Wale played himself passing on See You Again but I always wonder if it would have been as big with him on it
I think you could insert a number of semi-popular rappers and the song would be a smash. It was a tribute to Paul Walker and for the last F&F movie he'd appear in. A rapper would really have to botch their lyrics for it not to catch on.

See You Again would have flopped and been slept on like everything else innovative that Wale has done and then seemed even more underwhelming when he reminded us about it

I'm not even in the mood to cape for Wale today. Y'all already know what's up. :lol:

Wale > all the current day mainstream top tier rappers except Kendrick :smokin

I see we STILL not separating personal life from artistry??? We are all lame and corny in someone’s opinion!

Drake is corny AF to me..... yet I’ll never deny his skills and talent.

Future is a lame to me...... but I’ll never deny is talent.

I’m not trying to hang with these dudes. We to grown to not be able to separate Art from Life.

Mfers know Ja Rule was one of the biggest hitmakers from 1999-2003 but wanna act Brand new
Drake don’t have no skills and talent. any rapper with ghostwriters is an karaoke artist

Had no idea he passed on that, dude really be standing in his own way sometimes :lol: . IDK if it hits the same way with him tho, Wiz works perfect for those records

Mf said it was too sad for him :lol: this emotional *** negro didn’t wanna do a sad song

make it make sense

Drake don’t have no skills and talent.

ahhhhhhhhh don’t do this :lol::lol:

bruh the greatest actor of this generation, he play roles better than Leo

once you maneuver past the “best rapper” argument it’s clear as day how great dude is

Bussy Slide is hot trash though :smh:

French kinda fell off but that coke boy Harry fraud sound is iconic.

Coke boys were dropping some of the dopest music, nobody had that sound.

french can spit, he just dumbed it down to go commercial.

I like Kendrick though but I love that old coke boys sound.

this is what I’m taking about, this **** is legendary.
942C04EE-7180-48A2-AE43-BD74BA23E841.png

See you again is not a good song. A hit nonetheless, due to everything around it and the formula.....but I can’t stand it.

Really don’t be feeling that formula of hit making. The content is good, sure...but the quality of music is blah. Em, Wiz, TIP, G Eazy, etc and them rappers be following it. I remember Meek tried to get a quick one like this a few months ago...with JT...but it wasn’t it

Now imma have recommendations for “20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will” type songs for the next couple hours :lol:.

Hits? French got 2-3, he talking like he got 30. What’s a hit to him?

Unforgettable and Pop That are hits.

Ain’t Worried About Nothin isn’t a hit

Shot Caller was a regional hit maybe.

No Shopping wasn’t a hit

Lockjaw might be a hit.

ain't worried nothin was the song of the summer for 2013..i was living in Baltimore during that period.. that's literally all people were playing in their cars, at parties, at the bars, club's, stripclubs etc..french was also the #1 artist in ny in 2013...thsts when he transitioned from being a mixtape rapper to accommercial rapper you can say whatever about him for thinking he has more hits than Kendrick but from 08-2013 French was dropping bangers consistently..i can easily post 20-30 songs from the coke wave era

Back
Top Bottom