Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Hometown was my **** :pimp:

RIP Chinx

Jail left my worst scars
Stacks died, gettin over that was my worst job

"This rap **** fugazi, i just do it for my homies"

hometown is by far my favorite track on there.

Then uptown is super dope as well, French’s part was HARD.

FB_IMG_1587589449285.jpg

See this is all Hot97 had to do. Some of the Ja songs I don’t even remember what they sound like, but some of those 50 songs are:sick: 0]

So many memories man, I loved that album.

thats why I can’t just dog french like that. Like this isn’t his best moment but he’s a real one. Visits max b, takes care of Chinx family. Can’t really blame him for acting a fool once in a while.

he might not be like the old days but he still has nice tracks on his new albums.

Nah, that **** was nice. French and them was a good combo.

Dunk was another one who died and left his homie just lost. Like you can REALLY see it with waka. He was never the same after that same with Debo or Derez or whatever we call him now. :lol:

dunk was HARD. That twin towers intro was nasty, another great tape.

:lol: man I’ve seen waka numerous times. Back in the day when brick squad was a thing.

those shows used to be so wild. Waka wasn’t scared of **** either. He’d be in the crowd rapping the whole time chains on and hitting everyone’s green. :lol: I’ve given waka a pound at damn near every show I’ve seen of his. He’d stay in the crowd making sure you’re having fun and sip a beer with you after. Legit *** performer.

:lol: man I’ve seen waka numerous times. Back in the day when brick squad was a thing.

those shows used to be so wild. Waka wasn’t scared of **** either. He’d be in the crowd rapping the whole time chains on and hitting everyone’s green. :lol: I’ve given waka a pound at damn near every show I’ve seen of his. He’d stay in the crowd making sure you’re having fun and sip a beer with you after. Legit *** performer.
I seen waka once, energy is CRAZY.

“tru religion jeans that’s my play pants

_____ tryna turn up in my city

dead bodies finna turn up in my city

MAN DOWN! ”

:rofl: Come on, who was harder than that?

Hits? French got 2-3, he talking like he got 30. What’s a hit to him?

Unforgettable and Pop That are hits.

Ain’t Worried About Nothin isn’t a hit

Shot Caller was a regional hit maybe.

No Shopping wasn’t a hit

Lockjaw might be a hit.

:rofl: @ Lockjaw "might" be a hit

I've noticed too many of y'all move the goalpost on what's a hit depending if you like somebody. When it comes to hits and anthems y'all need to separate your dislike for somebody.

Hits? French got 2-3, he talking like he got 30. What’s a hit to him?

Unforgettable and Pop That are hits.

Ain’t Worried About Nothin isn’t a hit

Shot Caller was a regional hit maybe.

No Shopping wasn’t a hit

Lockjaw might be a hit.

the French debate going over a lot of peoples heads bc nobody knows if we talking worldwide hits or records that were just important if you were outside/clubbing

that’s where the disconnect is happening bc just bc All The Stars or King Kunta have better stats than Stay Schemin or Shot Caller don’t necessarily mean they are more important records especially if we talking the club and what still gets played today

But I’m more interesting in some Bleveland dreaded up young ***** slapping the **** outta French :lol: than any more of these aux battles

the French debate going over a lot of peoples heads bc nobody knows if we talking worldwide hits or records that were just important if you were outside/clubbing

that’s where the disconnect is happening bc just bc All The Stars or King Kunta have better stats than Stay Schemin or Shot Caller don’t necessarily mean they are more important records especially if we talking the club and what still gets played today

I get that but I think Kendrick still wins that battle easily and has album cuts that ring off better than what the charts say.

French has joints, on the charts and off the charts but he doesn’t have as many as Kendrick.

None of those French records are ringing off at a Festival.
French specifically referred to a festival setting. It's not close.

None of those French records are ringing off at a Festival.
French specifically referred to a festival setting. It's not close.

I get that but I think Kendrick still wins that battle easily and has album cuts that ring off better than what the charts say.

French has joints, on the charts and off the charts but he doesn’t have as many as Kendrick.

again
All the stars or pray for me or poetic justice ain’t doing **** against Shot Caller or Pop That if we really in the club with *****es shaking *** :lol:

People gotta decide what we actually debating here

people don’t wanna admit it bc it’s ******* Kendrick lmao but he don’t really got that many club songs and that’s Okay

Back
Top Bottom