Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Rory not even playing the right Wayne tracks :lol:. I see why Hahahaha Hahahaha hate him.

Once every other week - it’s a Wayne convo :lol:

That’s how you know your man a legend. They got a battle going on right now. Joe budden pod dudes. So it’s relevant. Mixtape Fab vs Mixtape Wayne. And Wayne up by a lot.

It's always funny how Wayne was this all-time great rapper according to ya'll then just out the blue turned to sh**. :lol:

It really happened tho. Like his commercial peak was his critical low. Other rappers gave it up to him too man. Cmon. It’s just everything associated with Wayne, as to why *****s don’t like him.

Hov talking bout giving DOA to “mixtape Weezy” was real.

I peeped somewhere in 07...how he was selling out his steam of consciousness flows and structure/dboy, Street raps...for MYSPACE username/captions.

Those essentially preceded social media quotes from rappers. And he learn all the way into it, and went full pop rapper. From Southern, Street rapper.

All started midway in 06...with Carter 2. You’d see *****s post their MySpace names with something like, “dear mr. toilet, I’m the ****”. And even tho that song was hard...he started getting more and more affirmations and more and more request for dumb bars like that.

Then that became who he was. Boy was washed by 2010. The world ain’t realize it til later. I’d stopped checking for Wayne in 08/09. He still had some **** here and there. You had white people thinking he was a new artist tho, in 2008.

Funniest **** ever.

Bruh Swae was already on it when he heard it, it was a whole song with him and WizKid that was being shopped around, the vocals weren't scraps it was literally a demo called "Equal" :lol: Swae nem was tryna get Weeknd on it

Jeremih played French the record and he hopped on it, turned Swae's 1st verse into the hook and looped a section for himself to rap over it. Thats why the original "leaked" version had Jeremih on it

French Montana supposedly heard the beat while Swae Lee was working on it in his studio with Jeremih, an American rapper, songwriter and record producer. “Nobody knows how French Montana got the beat,” Sutphin said. In French Montana’s interview with the Breakfast Club 105.1 FM, he emphasized the boost that the track gave to his own career and noted that it was his biggest record ever, reaping more accolades than the rest of his work combined.

“Yeah, it [the track] could’ve been anybody’s record, it was up for grabs … [Jeremih] played it and skipped it, and I said ‘no, go back!’ And he said, ‘Swae Lee sent it to me so I could write something to it,’” French Montana explained during the interview.

more like everyone fronted on it and French was there to pick up da pieces.

he was even da mastermind behind da video..

at this point give da man his props, damn...it hurts NT to credit french Montana :lol:

when i heard this
for the first time
i KNEW his run was over

And he got rewarded for **** like this. That’s when I knew...it was a rap. Bruh was rapping his *** off for years....and couldn’t quite achieve true “star level”, other than middling 00s Street rapper tied to a legacy label....that he had to hold up. He started experimenting with ****, and the worst parts of it blew up.

Then the MySpace raps started working. He ran with it, ain’t never look back.

But Wayne can for real rap. And got mixtapes songs, out the ****...from the 90s to mid 00s.

French put that **** out and it was in NYC clubs getting rang off in all different types of spots, from the Spanish spots uptown, to the Caribbean spots in Brooklyn. Everyone found a way to mix it in somehow.

bingo..you can literally mix it behind reggae, dance hall, reggaeton, dembow, hiphop...that ish was POWERFUL in da clubs in NYC.

they still play that record now.
& Joe Budden calling him ugly.

Max B actually fried him something awful before anyone on those old WSHh videos.

Wayne my guy but his content, and looking at him now, man he exaggerated 90% of that ****. Wayne soft AF. He wasn’t about any of his raps. That tough guy persona, and how he acts now is night and day.

You can tell guys like Boosie, BG or Turk actually lived they raps.

My favorite thing about Wayne is, the difference in content and overall in music he made. His first three albums compared to his following three albums. You can’t explain it. Fool had writers and it still wasn’t good.

I remember the world going crazy off A Millie. I was beyond confused, song was one of the worst I had ever heard. Rhyming all over the place and terrible goofy punchlines. Like he couldn’t put a cohesive thought on a record or even stay on a topic.

Wayne a BAN and he makes music for BANs so it explains why only BAN in here ride for him. Carry on.

Wayne my guy but his content, and looking at him now, man he exaggerated 90% of that ****. Wayne soft AF. He wasn’t about any of his raps. That tough guy persona, and how he acts now is night and day.

You can tell guys like Boosie, BG or Turk actually lived they raps.
Wayne is basically an older lil bow wow. Wannabe tough guy.

It really happened tho. Like his commercial peak was his critical low. Other rappers gave it up to him too man. Cmon. It’s just everything associated with Wayne, as to why *****s don’t like him.

Hov talking bout giving DOA to “mixtape Weezy” was real.

I peeped somewhere in 07...how he was selling out his steam of consciousness flows and structure/dboy, Street raps...for MYSPACE username/captions.

Those essentially preceded social media quotes from rappers. And he learn all the way into it, and went full pop rapper. From Southern, Street rapper.

All started midway in 06...with Carter 2. You’d see *****s post their MySpace names with something like, “dear mr. toilet, I’m the ****”. And even tho that song was hard...he started getting more and more affirmations and more and more request for dumb bars like that.

Then that became who he was. Boy was washed by 2010. The world ain’t realize it til later. I’d stopped checking for Wayne in 08/09. He still had some **** here and there. You had white people thinking he was a new artist tho, in 2008.

Funniest **** ever.

I don't think it was that deep. He just wasn't as great as people thought. You don't go from this goat level rapper to trash in 2 years. Y'all just got tired of the same bars and "going in" act he was doing.

My favorite thing about Wayne is, the difference in content and overall in music he made. His first three albums compared to his following three albums. You can’t explain it. Fool had writers and it still wasn’t good.

I remember the world going crazy off A Millie. I was beyond confused, song was one of the worst I had ever heard. Rhyming all over the place and terrible goofy punchlines. Like he couldn’t put a cohesive thought on a record or even stay on a topic.

Wayne a BAN and he makes music for BANs so it explains why only BAN in here ride for him. Carry on.
Lmao. I remember when that album came out. People were going crazy. I wasn’t feeling the hype. Dudes were really running around saying he was the best rapper alive.

I don't think it was that deep. He just wasn't as great as people thought. You don't go from this goat level rapper to trash in 2 years. Y'all just got tired of the same bars and "going in" act he was doing.

Nah....it’s a clear difference. Call it Currensy or Gillie or whatever...but bruh sold out :lol:. I can go back and listen to old wayne anytime. I cannot go back and listen to post Carter 3 Wayne.

#Difference

Complete difference

French the greatest social climber/finesser in the history of rap

you spelled rich da kidd wrong....still dunno how he left QC, and somehow got even more hotter.

French took a while to get where he got...20 mixtapes, a DVD series.... 2 pump fakes with Akon & Aunt Deb...

when he signed with Puff i thought he was over..he was savvy enough to also sign with MMG and reinforce Rick Ross's crew.

Nah....it’s a clear difference. Call it Currensy or Gillie or whatever...but bruh sold out :lol:. I can go back and listen to old wayne anytime. I cannot go back and listen to post Carter 3 Wayne.

#Difference

Complete difference

Well he definitely wasn't that great if Gillie's absence impacted that much. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom