Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Fam you couldn’t tell Wayne stans NOTHING back then

Some of my boys would rush to play the new Wayne and I’d be there like
5F05333A-DAC1-45ED-922A-C8B72F96202A.gif

He got joints but his ‘greatest rapper alive’ run was trash in hindsight...he just flooded the market

Nah....it’s a clear difference. Call it Currensy or Gillie or whatever...but bruh sold out :lol:. I can go back and listen to old wayne anytime. I cannot go back and listen to post Carter 3 Wayne.

#Difference

Complete difference

Wayne def had ghost writers

Wayne def had ghost writers

Yo been rapping since a kid. I’m sure. But even his detractors have always maintained he really do spit his own ****, and can rap.

Even as washed as he is now...on a technical level...he can still rap. Collli grove was an example. Biggest detractions on him was content, image....and when he fell into pssy, weed, punchline raps.

Outside of that...he was your standard early to mid 00s rapper before he found what really made him blow.

He was still nice after gillie. This him...dissing gillie :lol:.

Like Hov...took from Chris, Beans and the Philly spitters....Wayne did too.

Clipse, Pusha did too with Ab Liva & them....but y’all don’t wanna get into that :nerd:

I'm glad you brought this up because that helps my point. Hov got classic albums w/o using "Young Chris flow". Pusha got classics w/o Ab Liva's flow. Wayne is the only one who's so called "peak" is tied to another rapper. :lol:

He simply wasn't as great as ya'll thought. It was smoke and mirrors.

Yo been rapping since a kid. I’m sure. But even his detractors have always maintained he really do spit his own ****, and can rap.

Even as washed as he is now...on a technical level...he can still rap. Collli grove was an example. Biggest detractions on him was content, image....and when he fell into pssy, weed, punchline raps.

Outside of that...he was your standard early to mid 00s rapper before he found what really made him blow.

There’s too big of a difference between TBIH, LO, 5D compared to C1-3. You could even say it’s two different rappers.

The way he keeps going after Teairra Mari?

Come on b. How long you gonna taunt a broad b?

to be fair, da floozie tried to sue fif after her dumb *** got her facial regime leaked and he put it on his Instagram after twitter had its fun wit it.

I'm glad you brought this up because that helps my point. Hov got classic albums w/o using "Young Chris flow". Pusha got classics w/o Ab Liva's flow. Wayne is the only one who's so called "peak" is tied to another rapper. :lol:

He simply wasn't as great as ya'll thought. It was smoke and mirrors.

Not really. Gillie wasn’t there that long :lol:. Wayne had **** before and after Gillie :lol:.

Carter 2 came after Gille. Good album. His verses on Cash money ****, were in the 90s as a teen. And he was still going off. I’m still bumping tracks off every Wayne joint from cash money til 2008. The **** after that, I can do without.

Like I said...he was great in his peak for a period of time. Then he sold out, and went fully commercial. That happened. It’s ok. I said that in real time :lol:.

Fam you couldn’t tell Wayne stans NOTHING back then

Some of my boys would rush to play the new Wayne and I’d be there like
5F05333A-DAC1-45ED-922A-C8B72F96202A.gif

He got joints but his ‘greatest rapper alive’ run was trash in hindsight...he just flooded the market

I’m glad even his own fans started to realize this, took them long enough. Had they realized this much sooner, they would’ve prevented so many of his sons from breaking out and having so many lifelines.

Wayne’s run also got a lot of young kids into hard drugs. I remember the weed heads at my HS became pill poppers and lean sippers because they wanted to be like Wayne.

Not really. Gillie wasn’t there that long :lol:. Wayne had **** before and after Gillie :lol:.

Carter 2 came after Gille. Good album. His verses on Cash money ****, were in the 90s as a teen. And he was still going off. I’m still bumping tracks off every Wayne joint from cash money til 2008. The **** after that, I can do without.

Like I said...he was great in his peak for a period of time. Then he sold out, and went fully commercial. That happened. It’s ok. I said that in real time :lol:.

Carter 2 he was CLEARLY still using that Philly flow. Even still y'all Wayne fans claim Carter 1 is some major classic and it was written and had the flow of another rapper. That takes away from whatever greatness Wayne had.

Back
Top Bottom