Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

he couldn’t catch the beat half of the time. In comparison to the rest of the crew was the weak link. What memorable verses did he have on D1 or any roc project aside from his verse on come home with me and beautiful noise

So now not having a memorable verse means you're trash. :lol:

So now not having a memorable verse means you're trash. :lol:

Uhhhh yes. One good verse on a double album. He had to rearrange his whole style for a reason. Like we all see his growth but they were hiding dude in the middle of verse for a reason.

Hell Rell over the phone >>>>> jim

Kanye getting a bigger push than Jim is all that needs to be said.

He was Cam’ron hype man for like 5 years. Speaking of hype men. Is Jim the greatest hype-man-turned-rapper, ever????

Uhhhh yes. One good verse on a double album. He had to rearrange his whole style for a reason. Like we all see his growth but they were hiding dude in the middle of verse for a reason.

Hell Rell over the phone >>>>> jim

This doesn't make an ounce of sense

Mediocre means you aren't memorable.

Trash means you don't want to listen to them rap.

You dudes stay giving the Skip and Stephen A hot takes.

Jim had the hardest verse on ground zero, followed by ju.

And jim first album was DUMB hard.

From ages 19-28.... Jim was TRASH. It’s cool that he became a better artist after 29. Because he debut dropped in 2006/2007 when he was about 30.

He was a late bloomer that never gave up. I’ll give him that

Jim had the hardest verse on ground zero, followed by ju.

And jim first album was DUMB hard.

No one is denying his work after the Roc. That would be silly. He could not rap though before this. I applaud his growth. He stopped trying to cram a bunch of words between bars.

I always thought it was funny how people acted like Jim was trash compared to the rest of Dipset. None of them was great rappers. Ain't like the bar was that high in that crew. At their height they was always style/swag rap. The lesser known dudes was probably the best rappers they just ain't have the personality.

Juelz and Jim had better verses than Cam on Diplomatic Immunity.

Jim smoked him on this

The **** is going on in here :lol:

I love Jim, i really do & he's currently putting out some of the better hiphop albums of the year. With that said him & cam are two completely different tiers of rappers, both in terms of hit & actually rapping.

This is revisionist history at it's finest, While Jones was still in rotation it was CLEARLY Cam & Juelz in the pecking order, then for a time it was a real convo between him, JR & Hell Rell. Jim really stepped up his quality & song making ability for when Cam went on hiatus in 07-08 & Dipset started to split.

End of the day, in no universe is Jim on Cam's level as a rapper, It's just became a cool thing to say because Jim is a lot more active then Cam now & Jim's style is closer to the sound of today, where it's not extremely lyrical, and more just **** talking with well placed adlibs.

Cam done went blow for blow with Prime Pun, Hov , DMX, Ma$e, Big L, Beans etc etc.... and held his own/ still had memorable verses, he's Elite at this rap ****, Jones has perfected his own formula but nah it's not close. And that's not to say Jim didn't have fire moments through that run also

The **** is going on in here :lol:

I love Jim, i really do & he's currently putting out some of the better hiphop albums of the year. With that said him & cam are two completely different tiers of rappers, both in terms of hit & actually rapping.

This is revisionist history at it's finest, While Jones was still in rotation it was CLEARLY Cam & Juelz in the pecking order, then for a time it was a real convo between him, JR & Hell Rell. Jim really stepped up his quality & song making ability for when Cam went on hiatus in 07-08 & Dipset started to split.

End of the day, in no universe is Jim on Cam's level as a rapper, It's just became a cool thing to say because Jim is a lot more active then Cam now & Jim's style is closer to the sound of today, where it's not extremely lyrical, and more just **** talking with well placed adlibs.

Cam done went blow for blow with Prime Pun, Hov , DMX, Ma$e, Big L, Beans etc etc.... and held his own/ still had memorable verses, he's Elite at this rap ****, Jones has perfected his own formula but nah it's not close.

And in 2020, Cam is only better than Juelz cause his teeth aren’t missing. You’re correct, Jones isn’t on Cam’s level, he’s pretty significantly above him at this point.

>>>>>>>:smokin

669A6252-8729-444A-81D0-A8B104E16B6D.jpeg

Cam and Wayne are a lot similar. Both are real overrated and their fans always point to this short period when they was "elite goat level". :lol:

Guru said in his combat jack interview that Cam was lazy and would say alot of BS depending on who he was recording with.

And in 2020, Cam is only better than Juelz cause his teeth aren’t missing. You’re correct, Jones isn’t on Cam’s level, he’s pretty significantly above him at this point.

>>>>>>>:smokin

669A6252-8729-444A-81D0-A8B104E16B6D.jpeg

Again Jim has had some of my favorite albums these past 2-3 years, he's killing. still doesn't top just how much heat Cam has given me over the years. Jim himself wouldn't even put himself over Cam in the actual rankings of the crew.

Shouts to Jim for thugging his way into the industry getting hot & THEN FOCUSING on improving, most artist would just run it up for 1-2 years then be consistently mediocre.

Back
Top Bottom