Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The **** is going on in here :lol:

I love Jim, i really do & he's currently putting out some of the better hiphop albums of the year. With that said him & cam are two completely different tiers of rappers, both in terms of hit & actually rapping.

This is revisionist history at it's finest, While Jones was still in rotation it was CLEARLY Cam & Juelz in the pecking order, then for a time it was a real convo between him, JR & Hell Rell. Jim really stepped up his quality & song making ability for when Cam went on hiatus in 07-08 & Dipset started to split.

End of the day, in no universe is Jim on Cam's level as a rapper, It's just became a cool thing to say because Jim is a lot more active then Cam now & Jim's style is closer to the sound of today, where it's not extremely lyrical, and more just **** talking with well placed adlibs.

Cam done went blow for blow with Prime Pun, Hov , DMX, Ma$e, Big L, Beans etc etc.... and held his own/ still had memorable verses, he's Elite at this rap ****, Jones has perfected his own formula but nah it's not close. And that's not to say Jim didn't have fire moments through that run also
This. These cats done lost their mind. They on one today.

Youze guize smoking dat k2 again
220px-SDE_cover.jpg

Cam and Wayne are a lot similar. Both are real overrated and their fans always point to this short period when they was "elite goat level". :lol:

Guru said in his combat jack interview that Cam was lazy and would say alot of BS depending on who he was recording with.

And in that same interview Guru said that when Cam is motivated he could stand next to any MC ever :lol: . Most ****** in rap no matter how hot they are ever even have a year of elite rapping let alone a few years.

Now you can have your opinion on how good the music is, but them being overrated isn't really a "debate". Because both have gotten that type of acknowledgement from more than just their fanbases they've been thoroughly cosigned by the majority of the Elite rappers & they have openly praised & copied by the new generation of elite rappers.

We've heard them hold their own on to many songs with other elite rappers to really dispute their status.

right there

****** spent yeeeeeaaaaarrrrrs calling Jim trash, the hype man, the weed carrier, etc etc etc.

Mf were checking for JR Writer before Jim :lol:

You stretching it. :lol:

Jim was directing their videos and basically curating how they was seen.

And JR never sold more records than Jim.

And in that same interview Guru said that when Cam is motivated he could stand next to any MC ever :lol: . Most ****** in rap no matter how hot they are ever even have a year of elite rapping let alone a few years.

Now you can have your opinion on how good the music is, but them being overrated isn't really a "debate". Because both have gotten that type of acknowledgement from more than just their fanbases they've been thoroughly cosigned by the majority of the Elite rappers & they have openly praised & copied by the new generation of elite rappers.

We've heard them hold their own on to many songs with other elite rappers to really dispute their status.

"Guru said that when Cam is motivated he could stand next to any MC ever"

That ain't a good thing to me. I don't only judge rappers based on when motivated. **** is like sports. You only show up on certain nights then the rest you BS'n. Nah, and Cam and Wayne got a lot of BS in their catalogs.

You stretching it. :lol:

Jim was directing their videos and basically curating how they was seen.

And JR never sold more records than Jim.

right, ****** was not checking for his verses :lol: that’s my point. folks were heavy on the tapes and freestyles, sales wouldn’t be a good metric for them

height of dipsets powers ****** was surprised when Jim came through with some fire. Y’all not bout to sit here and tell me that back in that time y’all were checking for Jim ******* Jones

I’m not goin:lol:

"Guru said that when Cam is motivated he could stand next to any MC ever"

That ain't a good thing to me. I don't only judge rappers based on when motivated. **** is like sports. You only show up on certain nights then the rest you BS'n. Nah, and Cam and Wayne got a lot of BS in their catalogs.

Cam & Wayne also have almost 25 years in rap that's to be expected. Also cam went from 98- 06 dropping majority heat. people took those Computers puting bar & acted like that was his norm, when in actuality this was more his bag

right, ****** was not checking for his verses :lol: that’s my point. folks were heavy on the tapes and freestyles, sales wouldn’t be a good metric for them

height of dipsets powers ****** was surprised when Jim came through with some fire. Y’all not bout to sit here and tell me that back in that time y’all were checking for Jim ****ing Jones

I’m not goin:lol:

****** was checking Jim, i'm not gonna say that.... It just wasn't to the extent of Cam & Juelz, that's not a knock on him considering just how hot Cam & elz were at the time.

Cam & Wayne also have almost 25 years in rap that's to be expected. Also cam went from 98- 06 dropping majority heat. people took those Computers puting bar & acted like that was his norm, when in actuality this was more his bag

I hate the excuse of "well they been rapping so long".

Cam's lyrics got trash around 03-04. Purple Haze is filled with goofy and silly verses. Wayne fall was 08. It ain't like they just fell off recently.

I can name a lot of rappers who was rapping before them and to this day are still good, at least good for a feature.

Back
Top Bottom