Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Damn near every bar was punchline setup then a punchline.

it takes more wit and intellect to rap in that fashion on beat with a good flow then to do what he's doing now and just rambling and babbling super monotone trying to fill every every syllable in every space on da beat.

it's horrible....there was a span in New York where Lloyd Banks was so good that he made Fabolous have to fall back for a while..

58507381-90DC-401F-BBD2-FFA13C220796.jpeg

Broke boy bottle on deck for JT tonight :pimp:
I knew a chick in VA that drank one of these every night after work. Alcoholic ***** worked at the liquor store too :lol: :smh:

it takes more wit and intellect to rap in that fashion on beat with a good flow then to do what he's doing now and just rambling and babbling super monotone trying to fill every every syllable in every space on da beat.

it's horrible....there was a span in New York where Lloyd Banks was so good that he made Fabolous have to fall back for a while..
u believe what u just wrote?

my God reading this thread just gives me a damn headache.. there's no rhyme or reason here whatsoever everybody's a spamming music..... 🤦‍♂️ :smh:

whole music forum is in shambles because of it.

went to da coli music section..looked like NT circa 2010 with threads for everything and topics being thoroughly discussed to da granular level before this TAN existed...

who do i point da finger at? >D

*sigh*

my God reading this thread just gives me a damn headache.. there's no rhyme or reason here whatsoever everybody's a spamming music..... 🤦‍♂️ :smh:

went to da coli music section..looked like NT circa 2010 with threads for everything and topics being thoroughly discussed to da granular level before this TAN existed...

*sigh*
So go back to General...oh wait

*sigh*

Your weekly ‘Thread About ...’ rant.

:lol:

u believe what u just wrote?

how do you think comedy writers do their routine? you think its just w/e?

you write "da set up" so flippantly that you don't realize that setting up a bar for a punchline needs to be framed into a context which in essence is a reflection of good writing.

why do you think people don't really mess with Eminem like that other than his white families because he does da same thing that Lloyd Banks is doing now... just putting words together that rhyme in one long continuous pattern with no reason direction or any sort of semblance of getting a point across.....its bad rapping.

how do you think comedy writers do their routine? you think its just w/e?

you write "da set up" so flippantly that you don't realize that setting up a bar for a punchline needs to be framed into a context which in essence is a reflection of good writing.

why do you think people don't really mess with Eminem like that other than his white families because he does da same thing that Lloyd Banks is doing now... just putting words together that rhyme in one long continuous pattern with no reason direction or any sort of semblance of getting a point across.....its bad rapping.
This is a good explanation, but not in the regards of punchline rap. This rap style has been the premise of punchline rap; which is why I don’t really listen to it. It’s rappity rappity stuff w/ lacking substance.

*sigh*

Nah you just washed

This rap style has been the premise of punchline rap; which is why I don’t really listen to it. It’s rappity rappity stuff w/ lacking substance

and you think that hunting season track that Lloyd Banks just dropped is anything other than rappity rap? it's worse than that it's just bloviating babble bars....

you could have took in that track and inserted in any one of his mixtapes after I don't know.... Cold corner 1 and you would not be remissed for it.

That’s not eem bad rapping. It’s highly technical rapping really.

extreme breath control and expansive vocabulary aren’t really common anymore it seems

it's da equivalent of putting a car on a Dyno and just measuring horsepower/torque. you're not really getting a feel for how da car drives on a track or handles in different terrain or weather conditions... you're just getting a baseline performance number as far as power.

all I'm hearing from hunting season Lloyd Banks is that Lloyd Banks can put words together... great...

what are those words telling me? what is he trying to convey in his raps now? what's da story? what's going on with him? can I empathize?

where's da vibe?

he's regressed as an artist... he traded in a more well-rounded approach for a one-dimensional technical lyrical treadmill flow.. rapping fast with a lot of flailing going nowhere.

you can't tell me that da Griselda boys can make stuff that sounds good and Lloyd Banks can't.... this isn't a indictment on his skill it's an indictment on his approach.

there should be no reason why fabolous and Jadakiss are doing just fine and yet mr. blue Hefner sounds like a car spinning its tires in da mud.

Back
Top Bottom