Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

1. I wasn't propping him up. Was just pointing out the obvious. The songs were catchy. The subject matter, not so much, but stilly catch cause of the riddims/beat being used. Some of y'all were probably yelling " IT'S TREYWAY"

2. Everyone with two eyes could see that he was a disaster and all Gang **** was fake and that if the pressure got to him, he would fold, so not sure why people are upset and mad as if they didn't see this coming. The only way I would be mad is if I had family or friends tied to this cat and if they were tied to him, I would have told them to cut ties long ago and if they didn't, then they would have made their bed.

3. If y'all mad that he infiltrated Hip Hop, then y'all naive cause Hip Hop been infiltrated and y'all been supporting a lot of the bull**** and don't even know it. If you claim to know that hip hop has already been infiltrated, then this shouldn't even be a surprise to you. You shouldn't even be mad and if you are then you're feeding it energy. I can bet some y'all tuned into his live to watch or even add some "**** 69" comment. Some of y'all on Instagram following his goofball girlfriend and liking up her pictures too., so even if y'all not buying his music, y'all still supporting the ****ery surrounding him.

I can 100% say no to every one of these.

69 faked it til he made actual “hits” :lol:. His vrality carried him. And he’d boast about 10/10 on billboard...while omitting that the 10 tracks just chartes because it was a release of a popular streaming artist, and most tracks from a project with that backing/promotion automatically chart, then drop.

He boasted and talked his way into it. Gummo....is a legit hit. But again, the imagery, marketing and virality about it...pushed it. Nothing musically for real about 69. I laughed when dudes were trying to compare him to Onyx. That was trying to rationalize it.

Tried saying he was a mix of Onyx and Lil Jon :rofl: it’s Desiigner all over again, but seems to have finagled his way into having an actual fanbase.

Turncoat is Lil B with a gang initiation & all negativity.

Lil B was the first rapper that was insanely trash, But found his niche online with a fanbase that fell in love with his trolling. I wish i could find my posts about him at the time, but i knew a new wave was gonna be ushered in..... and 6-7 years later here we are.

I really hate the way ya'll put celebrities on a pedestal as if they aren't normal people :lol: , ****** acting like meek had a townhall about it... it took a minute out his day to tweet about it..... something that SHOULD be spoken about to.

Ya'll act like he doesn't have reason, ***** had his life toyed with for a decade by the justice system.... this dude is coming out & using people's freedom & his actions as a ****ing rollout & ****** is mad at meek for speaking on it

this world needs segregation Just not done by race, just logic & thought

EXACTLY! Meek got arrested for dirtbike. 10 years probation. Bruh has a valid reason to be appalled

Y'all too caught up in this. Put the "he snitched" feelings aside and look at just the music. The guy was putting out catchy songs that were getting played all over the place. Gummo, that **** he did with Nicky Minaj, A Boogie and that Reggaeton song etc. All those songs are catchy. His songs were charting one way or another. You and I may not be playing it, but someone else is. Some of the **** y'all recommend in here is worse than what he put out, the only difference is they ain't snitch(to what y'all know).

Out of EVERY artist we post in here..... who does he make better music than???? I live in South Florida.... I never heard this mans music on radio or from cars in my hood. And I live in the hood, hood...

Out of EVERY artist we post in here..... who does he make better music than???? I live in South Florida.... I never heard this mans music on radio or from cars in my hood. And I live in the hood, hood...

When he came out I was still working retail and the suburban early 20’s boys ****ed with him hard :lol: Same dudes that loved G-Eazy and Logic
Only demographic I’ve seen rock with him in person

When I was young I remember making a “Is Ghostface the GOAT?” thread on here and people lost their **** :lol: That’s where the VinnY Paz dude proclaimed Paz was his GOAT, mideastbeast/m16 :lol:

I no longer try to rate who’s the greatest MCs anymore, too many factors and everybody has different tastes but Ghostface is my personal top 5 favorite rappers ever.

Back
Top Bottom