Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Just like your scope on politics that are severely limited it seems your scope is also limited when it comes to the socioeconomic disparities as well as the lack of socio emotional development our people have suffered since the inception of this country.

Those unresolved issues still permeate through our minds, bodies, and souls while we try to navigate our lives in a society that hates us and treats us less than a human.

It's a caste system that possesses hybrid like mechanics which change with the times, evolves, and progressively gets worst while the people who are disenfranchised the most severely suffer the most from it.

My advice to you would be to open your eyes up a little, allow your ears to listen, get off the internet for a bit and actually read a book.

It'll help you out tremendously

I'm knowing about all of the reasons why ****** are in the position they are in bro.

But y'all not doing "us" a favor by absolving us of the traits that are unique to us and the disregard we show for those that look like us sometimes. White clubs that play fist pump dubstep music ain't getting shot up because someone tried to snatch a chain :lol: And if Foogiano was booked at a club like that it probably wouldn't have ended like that because subconsciously we value our own less sometimes.

Same for ****** having issues but not being able to chill when kids and elders and **** around. You can only blame the white man for so long for certain **** like that that is about individual decisions. I'm not denying the root causes of why ****** are in "the hood" with nothing to begin with though.

You can think of 2 in 3 years compared to dozens of ****** dying every weekend :lol: Look at the reaches y'all are making. ****** in here talking bout "Hitler did it too" :rofl:

Even in the warped comparison you're trying to make them boys ain't sloppy with whatever it is they've got going on killing random white little girls at cookouts over street situations like our culture does.

I don't know what you're talking about with that other ****, but what do it gotta do with what I'm saying right now :lol:
Either you're one of these idiot millennials kids who think you have all the answers despite not knowing a damn thing, or you're procyon lotor

Gillie been tap dancing. On his ig loves he used to talk about how he went to a white college and the white people was nice to him so he thinks there's no racism, same **** Wayne and Kanye be on.

They was talking about the kid Makur Maker going to Howard on their show and Gillie was the only one talking about "my son wouldn't go no black college because the white college get more exposure!!" Like c'mon man. :lol:

SMH, sad as hell to see

We not absolving our own kind. You STRICTLY talking about chains being snatched and club shootings. N_ the BOSTON MARATHON bomber and Timothy McVeigh BLEW UP A BUILDING. You think them white people listening to dubstep won’t SHOOT your black a*** if the feel threatened? What about that gay club shooting???

OR THAT LAS VEGAS MASSACRE??? All this is RECENT. Bruh, your comprehension is terrible

We not absolving our own kind. You STRICTLY talking about chains being snatched and club shootings. N_ the BOSTON MARATHON bomber and Timothy McVeigh BLEW UP A BUILDING. You think them white people listening to dubstep won’t SHOOT your black a*** if the feel threatened? What about that gay club shooting???

OR THAT LAS VEGAS MASSACRE??? All this is RECENT. Bruh, your comprehension is terrible

Again why are you comparing serial killings and bombings to regular round the way hood **** where people die all the time as bystanders

**** Foogiano and his chain

https://www.google.com/search?q=chi...XBTN8KHTY4B78Q_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1366&***=576

Lot of y'all got a "why daddy don't love me" complex when it comes to NY. It's sickening :lol:

The actual rappers regardless of where they are from can get together, pay homage, break bread, collaborate, etc.

But the super fanatics can't separate logic from emotion when it comes to actually formaliting opinions on these rappers.

Fatherless behavior

Bro...keep it all the way a bean. A lot of y’all been reall feeing a way about the south....and ATL. And it’s been that way for a min :lol:. Keep it real.. Especially when it comes to newer generation rappers.

Y’all can’t stifle the conversation because you don’t like it. You cannot get mad at the southern rappers...rightfully calling out NYC bias. Largely, it was a thing for a long time. And it’s ok to acknowledge it. It’s always been constantly downplaying, and” yeah but” when it comes to where that southern music stands overall in the critical acclaim and consensus in hip hop. We peep the “keep the newer southern legends at bay”...to preserve traditional, east coast hip hop sentiment. With the occasional inclusion of a few, who are either tied in to the def jam branch or traditional nyc rap in some way.

That’s a lot of what it is, to be real. It’s an interesting conversation. Feelings do not have to be involved :lol:.

Bruh act like white people ain’t never put bounties on they enemies. Like they exchanging racks for busting people head.

The basis of your argument stems from reported crime in the Black community (eg kids being murdered over the 4th of July, shoot outs at clubs, etc.), and you’re using conjecture to suggest that such crimes happens more amongst Blacks. You’re also using news headlines as the basis of all this and haven’t brought up any evidence or statistics that proves the claim. You’re essentially arguing the perception of the Black community based on what the news and media outlets purports, and that’s problematic, because it’s well known that heinous crimes are more widely reported and publicized when it relates to Blacks than any other race. And if you’re not asking yourself why that is, you’re doing yourself a great disservice.

https://www.google.com/search?q=chi...XBTN8KHTY4B78Q_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1366&***=576

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..2.5.546....0.Tm72fUNSDtE

It's certain **** that you can argue on the internet

And I get it, I'm not tryna hear this **** from a white man at all

But in real life bruh the **** hurting us we gotta stop just chalking **** up to "the way it is"

stop listening to rap music then. If it’s hurting so bad. I bet you won’t stop listening rap.

If I didn't make beats I really would just listen to old **** anyway these ****** all sounding the same :lol: music don't be sticking past a month

6pac 6pac

People kill people in close proximity to each other. Black people live around black people. Poverty breeds crime. A lot of black people have lived in generational poverty. There needs to be work done on eliminating this poverty. And internal work done within the black community, by the black community.

What I typed above....is entirely different than police killing people they’re supposed to protect. Or systemic racism. Two completely different things.

So the “black on black crime” is like A white dude getting killed by police....and asking what about white mass shooters.

6pac 6pac

People kill people in close proximity to each other. Black people live around black people. Poverty breeds crime. A lot of black people have lived in generational poverty. There needs to be work done on eliminating this poverty. And internal work done within the black community, by the black community.

What I typed above....is entirely different than police killing people they’re supposed to protect. Or systemic racism. Two completely different things.

So the “black on black crime” is like A white dude getting killed by police....and asking what about white mass shooters.

Outside of this whole convo stemming from Gillie's vid I'm wondering why this is typed like I'm deflecting from police brutality being an issue

I can't believe i'm getting reactions like a MAGA boy because I'm saying ****** should chill with the "on sight" **** when kids around & us valuing **** like a chain enough to shoot a crowd up is unique to us :lol:

I never said it's gon be no crime at all of course crime is about proximity. But the unique situations in which a lot of our innocent bystander killings occur are avoidable and about how much we give a damn about the other people around who ****** actually got an issue with as opposed to someone being pretty much wired or not wired to be a serial killer or bomber

Black on Black crime isn’t real

White supremacy destroyed Black America

****** need to stop having shootouts in public places and killing kids and civilians

all these things can be true at the same time

This :lol:

I don't even think I typed black on black crime out :rofl:

Man cmon :lol:

When the last time Pitbull got his chain snatched or someone innocent died in a scuffle surrounding Pitbull or "Bad Bhunni" :lol: or whatever dude name is getting his chain snatched

Stop

No one is arguing that black people are the only ones with "crime" or that element

Outside of this whole convo stemming from Gillie's vid I'm wondering why this is typed like I'm deflecting from police brutality being an issue

I can't believe i'm getting reactions like a MAGA boy because I'm saying ****** should chill with the "on sight" **** when kids around & us valuing **** like a chain enough to shoot a crowd up is unique to us :lol:

I never said it's gon be no crime at all of course crime is about proximity. But the unique situations in which a lot of our innocent bystander killings occur are avoidable and about how much we give a damn about the other people around who ****** actually got an issue with as opposed to someone being pretty much wired or not wired to be a serial killer or bomber

I mean...this is all you should’ve said then :lol:.

Black on Black crime isn’t real

White supremacy destroyed Black America

****** need to stop having shootouts in public places and killing kids and civilians

all these things can be true at the same time

This :lol:

I don't even think I typed black on black crime out :rofl:

it’s just a weird conversation to have amongst Black people. a lot of times we put up a block if opinions don’t align.

BoB crime thing came up cuz you used Chicago as a talking point. Gotta realize that although you may genuinely care about Chicago, the people that usually use that phrasing do not.

so you’ll get a reaction based on that generally.

sucks we have to be so specific with each other and not mince words but that’s where we at. ****** gotta stay on code. We know what we gotta fix in our own communities but those conversations are for us and I don’t believe a format like this is a good place to talk about it, personally.

Too many eyes looking into our house if you get what I mean.

Man cmon :lol:

When the last time Pitbull got his chain snatched or someone innocent died in a scuffle surrounding Pitbull or "Bad Bhunni" :lol: or whatever dude name is getting his chain snatched

Stop

No one is arguing that black people are the only ones with "crime" or that element

I find it interesting you'd use a rapper as an example after I just provided several examples of regular people

Back
Top Bottom