Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

bruh when the last time somebody hit DMX line for a feat? :lol:

I ain't wanna do it but these 2 dudes keep saying "what's the last good album" and "nobody cares about Snoop" meanwhile big name artists keep calling him for features. Dudes take their one opinion too serious lol, his name is still on hit records in this era. Only time we from X is some unfortunate drama.

I don’t care if he’s still getting features, them ****s are trash almost every time. You can damn near predict every Snoop bar.

The Game vs Snoop is so much better. Keep telling y’all, keep it in the same region.

One of the most laid back rappers ever vs one of the most hyper aggressive and loud rappers ever. Such a strange combination

Honestly IDK why we're talking about songs from this era because 90% of the songs played won't be from there... Snoop has more hits in general, in a top 20 battle tho, it evens out because X has MONSTERS also. So while snoop does have hits more recently ( I would suggest ya'll go look at the singles for the past 10.... it isn't nearly what you would think) he's gonna have a long day if he's playing young, wild & free or sexual seduction While X is playing 24hrs to live or some **** :lol: .

we KNOW what kinda time X is gonna be on, Snoop could definitely win but his song selection better be right

I don’t care if he’s still getting features, them ****s are trash almost every time. You can damn near predict every Snoop bar.

The Game vs Snoop is so much better. Keep telling y’all, keep it in the same region.

DMX vs. 50 then...

50 vs. Styles P........

50 vs. Jim Jones...

50 vs. Jay-Z....

50 vs. LL Cool J

This is a hit battle. Not a battle of who has better quality music. Snoop is winning a hit battle

1. What’s my name
2. Gin and juice
3. Ain’t no fun
4. Beautiful
5. Drop it like it’s hot
6. Bs ain’t ****
7.Nothing but a G thang
8. Doggy dog world
9. The next episode
10. Lay low
11. Deep cover
12. 2 of Amerikas most wanted
13. **** you feat Akon
14. Lets get blown
15.Sexual eruption (like it or not, it’s a hit)

And there’s definitely more. It can be argued X has a better catalogue or is a better artist, but in a hit battle, Snoop is winning

Last edited:
This is a hit battle. Not a battle of who has better quality music. Snoop is winning a hit battle

1. What’s my name
2. Gin and juice
3. Ain’t no fun
4. Beautiful
5. Drop it like it’s hot
6. Bs ain’t ****
7.Nothing but a G thang
8. Doggy dog world
9. The next episode
10. Lay low
11. Deep cover
13. **** you feat Akon
14. Lets get blown

And there’s definitely more. It can be argued X has a better catalogue or is a better artist, but in a bit battle, Snoop is winning

Can it? People can rightfully say the haven’t listened to Snoop in awhile, but they tend to forget how short DMX’s run. He pretty much peaked faster than 50. And X’s latter albums are REALLY bad. Snoop just has too much in his catalog, and that’s before you even get to his albums that you can consider wack or watered down. We’re talking about what’s basically a hot 2.5 year run vs someone that consistently stayed on the radar for more than 2 decades. Doggfather was a letdown, but he followed that up with 3 very good No Limit albums, then ascended even more with Paid The Cost, Rhythm & Gangsta, and Blue Carpet Treatment. I think this is an unfair matchup that does a disservice to DMX.

Can it? People can rightfully say the haven’t listened to Snoop in awhile, but they tend to forget how short DMX’s run. He pretty much peaked faster than 50. And X’s latter albums are REALLY bad. Snoop just has too much in his catalog, and that’s before you even get to his albums that you can consider wack or watered down. We’re talking about what’s basically a hot 2.5 year run vs someone that consistently stayed on the radar for more than 2 decades. Doggfather was a letdown, but he followed that up with 3 very good No Limit albums, then ascended even more with Paid The Cost, Rhythm & Gangsta, and Blue Carpet Treatment. I think this is an unfair matchup that does a disservice to DMX.
Some think he has 3 classics so some may argue it.

I think it’s unfair too. Snoop somehow manages to pop out with a song that gets attention every now and then adding to the list

DMX was HUGE from ‘97 - 2001. 4 years. He lasted wayyyyyy longer than 50. 50 cent literally peaked in 2004. After 2005, it was all G-Unit members. Yea, massacre and curtis were 2005/2007 but more due to hype.

Honestly IDK why we're talking about songs from this era because 90% of the songs played won't be from there... Snoop has more hits in general, in a top 20 battle tho, it evens out because X has MONSTERS also. So while snoop does have hits more recently ( I would suggest ya'll go look at the singles for the past 10.... it isn't nearly what you would think) he's gonna have a long day if he's playing young, wild & free or sexual seduction While X is playing 24hrs to live or some **** :lol: .

we KNOW what kinda time X is gonna be on, Snoop could definitely win but his song selection better be right

His features and material from this era came up because dudes swore Snoop is some rapper that nobody is checking for.

If Snoop just stick to his gangsta **** it's definitely a wrap. All of his death row material was bigger and better than X material.

Murder Was The Case, Deep Cover, G Thang, What's My Name, Gin And Juice these are iconic records.

1. What’s my name
2. Gin and juice
3. Ain’t no fun
4. Beautiful
5. Drop it like it’s hot
6. Bs ain’t ****
7.Nothing but a G thang
8. Doggy dog world
9. The next episode
10. Lay low
11. Deep cover
13. **** you feat Akon
14. Lets get blown

And there’s definitely more. It can be argued X has a better catalogue or is a better artist, but in a bit battle, Snoop is winning

This is dumb and this is why I tell y’all no one wins.

If it’s just hits, then go on Wikipedia and gather who has the most number 1s and top 10s.

Snoop has some great music and great features but he loses in my book cause I rarely play Snoop. I play X all the time. They’re also so ****in different that it’s dumb. Like when y’all *****ed about Storch vs Fresh.

This is dumb and this is why I tell y’all no one wins.

If it’s just hits, then go on Wikipedia and gather who has the most number 1s and top 10s.

Snoop has some great music and great features but he loses in my book cause I rarely play Snoop. I play X all the time. They’re also so ****in different that it’s dumb. Like when y’all *****ed about Storch vs Fresh.
When it’s a battle with two superstars, of their magnitude, it all boils down to hits bruh when it comes to this. That’s just how it is..

Back
Top Bottom