Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I was listening to this the other day

tumblr_p97o7ue1Xi1rdfwwzo10_500.gif

and was thinking how dudes like to say Wayne is :emoji_goat: and top whatever

but he used to rap with a lot of rappers that people wouldn't put in their top 10 and nobody ever wondered why he would do a album with Juelz.

He said absolutely nothing

and Fab's song selection was :smh:

Wayne is leagues better than Fab :lol:.

Stop it man. And you cherry picking mid songs from rappers you don’t like is hilarious :lol:.

Only you Uber traditionalist, Golden era hip hop cats, who recognize that Wayne is responsible for some trends y’all couldn’t connect with (some good some bad)...won’t give Wayne his due. At this point, he’s certified. Sheer volume of music. From a child to adult. As well as quality. He may not be your cup of tea. That’s fine. But as a rapper, he’s done it all. And should be respected rightfully as a good mc. Especially on a technical level.

He coulda stopped rapping in 07...and been stamped. Bumping old Wayne on this fine Saturday. Hi Everybody 👋🏾

E6A0FE9A-4CC6-410F-B49F-11718AE18867.gif

20-0 LL easily. He can’t beat lil yatchy, gonzo need to take a seat and be irrelevant.

I was hoping 2Chainz would accept his challenge so he could get him outta here with Big Amount after Self Destruction

Andre, Common, Styles, Kiss. A lot of rappers was better than him from 2000-05. :lol: Wayne never even came up back then. Game, Jeezy and Tip had better, more impactful albums than him.

Literally every one of those rappers listed are better and make better music than him :lol: Jeezy included.

And only difference between Fab, Juelz, and that New Orleans gremlin is a battery pack.

Last edited:
Im in jail with a phone, cell phone

hPqcKMe.png
It's "had a phone in jail, that's a cell phone".

That was a worldstar comment when they use to do the "Wayne Be Like" jokes months b4 that verse came out. Couldn't finish the rest of the tape or listen to Wayne after that for while. It just rubbed me the wrong.

@ a certain point the jay/mj, wayne/kobe analogy was kinda fitting.

jay “retired” on top in 03 and in his absence wayne released carter 1, which was a volume series he took from jay, the album cover and booklet pix was on some jay s***, and he was rappin like dude. not to mention sayin “the best rapper alive, since the best rapper retired”.

he held down hiphop in jays absence for those couple years and he was still a threat to jay after he came back for a lil while. remember, wayne had jay jive shook with the “doe is what i got” freestyle.

now that we’ve seen what wayne has evolved into, it doesnt really stick But the analogy held up for a certain window of time.

As stated, he may not have been your cup of tea but wayne had “IT” for a lil minute.

i cant front, we really do be havin wayne discussions like once a month. Lol

Back
Top Bottom