Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I know ****** got their jokes off and ****, and I did not wanna hear Virgil pontificating about soles/souls, but the project is dope. Especially after hearing his explanation of DINOSAURS and how it’s closely related to trips to the museum he’s taken with his nephews.

If you mess with Lupe, definitely check this out.

Last edited:
There's MJ, Stevie, and Prince, in their own musical galaxies. They don't have to "battle" anybody. They're just "up there". They're who every musician, rapper and producer aspired to be, in some capacity. Being familiar with Kells' entire catalog, he's more fitting for this Verzuz platform, because he remains an undeniable influence on today's R&B/Hip-Hop landscape (even though every artist is too scared of the backlash nowadays to admit it).

Lupe EP sounds great although I could understand someone being bored by the production and how laid back he sounds over it. I know he mentioned doing a Lo-Fi Hip-Hop album within the last 2 years, may be a preview for the future

There's MJ, Stevie, and Prince, in their own musical galaxies. They don't have to "battle" anybody. They're just "up there". They're who every musician, rapper and producer aspired to be, in some capacity. Being familiar with Kells' entire catalog, he's more fitting for this Verzuz platform, because he remains an undeniable influence on today's R&B/Hip-Hop landscape (even though every artist is too scared of the backlash nowadays to admit it).

Word.

I got nothing but love for Kellz, but those three artists are transcendent in the truest sense of the word. Claiming Stevie, Prince, or MJ would lose to anyone is disrespectful to music itself.

Whenever someone says some **** about R Kelly I chalk their opinion up to the same people who mention Wayne

You really have a limited knowledge of music

A lot of yall really aint aware of Kellz musically.

All MJ got over him is impact and a few more bigger hits. R. got way more range when it comes to hits though.

a few more?

Michael Jackson is the biggest artist of all time

and was doing music since he was ten years old. He had hits with the Jackson 5.

and a lot of you aren't aware of the impact that older artist have and had.

and you're speaking on what you were raised on and not what an artist did.(Stevie, Marvin, Prince, Mike...)

They're playing mutha****as songs 50 years later

These are more than words, this is more than rap
This is the streets and I am the trap
Standing ovation
BC1B0B79-E6B6-408F-9AC9-ED2829B97667.gif

Back
Top Bottom