Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Look I love Jada to death but saying Gucci sits at the table with Jeezy & T.I is like me saying Jada sits at the table with Jay & Nas. Despite how much i love his music he just don't have that type of reach & acclaim worldwide like those two.

& i don't wanna hear about no palette's because the Cash Money/Hot Boyz run sounded NOTHING like NYC and they were scorching up here & around the country for that matter, prior to the Wayne/Dipset era.

Gucci ain't even got a definitive W over Yo Gotti if we keeping it 100

IDK why you get so defensive about this :lol:. The songs I posted with wop a few post earlier....DO in fact go head up with Jeezy & TIP ****. That’s undeniable. Y’all acting like he don’t sit at their table :lol:. They literally mention him as the “elephant in the room”. And the “third member” of this trap ****. Just cause nyc didn’t **** with Gucci like that, don’t mean he don’t got the records to go head up with Jeezy/TIP.

They tried to bring Gucci & Juice up through there (years too late) with what the labels thought worked for Tip & Jeezy :lol:. And these songs left a sour taste in their mouths.

Precursors

Less so Jeezy, cause her really caught lightening in a bottle, and had the fab relationship. But the thinking at the time was....you gotta go up and make the radio stations and nyc market **** with you.

I'm not defensive at all man :lol:

Remember you quoted my post talking about regions vs the whole country and started talking to me about Gucci Mane 🤷🏾‍♂️

Your post does nothing more than to prove my point

He wanted to break thru in that NYC market bad and he just.. couldn't

NYC just doesn't automatically support whatever a producer from here puts out so it was a lazy effort him or his label put forth putting him on that wack Swizz record

I never was a fan of TI so idk if using him as an example works for your debate or mine :lol:

What I do know is that Jeezy, TI, Outkast, NO Limit artist, Cash Money artist, etc. we're actually nice at rapping so maybe that's why they broke thru here

Look I love Jada to death but saying Gucci sits at the table with Jeezy & T.I is like me saying Jada sits at the table with Jay & Nas. Despite how much i love his music he just don't have that type of reach & acclaim worldwide like those two.

& i don't wanna hear about no palette's because the Cash Money/Hot Boyz run sounded NOTHING like NYC and they were scorching up here & around the country for that matter, prior to the Wayne/Dipset era.

Funny you mention Yo Gotti considering I hear way more of his classic **** bumping out of cars and or at cookouts than I've ever heard Gucci Mane

Maybe dudes up here have allegiance to Gotti due to his Roc Nation affiliation?

Or is Gotti just overall.. better?

We'll find on next time on a new episode of Rapper Ball Z!

No one said he couldn’t do a Versus it’s just he ain’t winning against them.A Better match up for him would be Yo Gotti.

Funny you mention Yo Gotti considering I hear way more of his classic **** bumping out of cars and or at cookouts than I've ever heard Gucci Mane

Maybe dudes up here have allegiance to Gotti due to his Roc Nation affiliation?

Or is Gotti just overall.. better?

We'll find on next time on a new episode of Rapper Ball Z!

Y’all are wild.

Nah...The joints I posted go head up and beat out a lot of Jeezy/TIP ****. And Those are just 25, of Gucci’s bangers (including 2 bonus disses directed at both of them) . And he got 25 more :lol:. They can’t compete with that. This not even including bangers, features or other classics etc.

Them *****s themselves know wsup with Wop man :lol:

Wop had the advantage of being underground, killing mixtapes, still having bangers, then going big and having longevity. His output, quality & consistency gives him the edge.

108F419E-BFED-42A4-9BBA-61274F77E136.gif

He washed now. 05-10 was quality, quantity and consistency. Sure, he has a lot of volume and expirmented a lot. But he consistently had some good music for you. And it’s quality. It still gets played today. Then his run in 11-13. High volume scorer.

I never said anything about efficiency.

Wop cleaning them up....and then some :lol:. These just high level Gucci joints. His bag ridiculous.

3D076AC7-C758-4F07-8605-6880D133AB0A.gif

First Day Out
I’m a dog
My shirt off
Vette Pass By
Freaky Gurl
So icy
Lemonade
Wasted
Go head
On deck
I think I love her
Bricks
Make the trap say aye
I Might Be
Swing my door
That’s my hood
Go Head
Trap House
Phot Shoot
My Kitchen
Street ******
I get the bag
Trap house 3
Nothin on ya
I don’t love her
TRUTH
WHAT KINDA KING

His ONLY advantage was work ethic. I’ll give him that. Him, 2pac and Wayne probably the hardest working rappers ever. They lived in the Stu.

BUTTTTTTTTTT, Gucci got to much filler. Jeezy and TI got an abundance of songs too but, far less filler than Gucci. I *** with Gucci too but nah

Reactions: OTG
Nah...The joints I posted go head up and beat out a lot of Jeezy/TIP ****. And Those are just 25, of Gucci’s bangers (including 2 bonus disses directed at both of them) . And he got 25 more :lol:. They can’t compete with that. This not even including bangers, features or other classics etc.

Them *****s themselves know wsup with Wop man :lol:

Wop had the advantage of being underground, killing mixtapes, still having bangers, then going big and having longevity. His output, quality & consistency gives him the edge.

Everyone knows Guwop is a Don. He upper echelon. He a legend. He stamped all over.

BUT THE N_ GOT TONS OF FILLER.

Can’t forget that gucci is a pop cultural ICON. I’ll give him that nod over TI and Jeezy. Lot of people love the IDEA of Gucci. Not the music. He’s a folk hero to a lot of people. He has a lot of fans outside of music, those who don’t even care for his music.

I’ll give him that. But musically? He not touching T.I. or Jeezy.

ASK any n_ in the chain gang or from all hoods in America, ages 28+, maybe a few young cats between 23-27 also, they’ll tell you Jeezy and TI music is better

His ONLY advantage was work ethic. I’ll give him that. Him, 2pac and Wayne probably the hardest working rappers ever. They lived in the Stu.

BUTTTTTTTTTT, Gucci got to much filler. Jeezy and TI got an abundance of songs too but, far less filler than Gucci. I *** with Gucci too but nah

We not talking about filler. We talking about record for record. Wop got them beat. He’s as good at making music as them...with 10x the output

This isn’t who has the best 10 song album.

At the idea that Gucci Mane....does mot sit at the table with Jeezy/TIP 😂🤦🏾‍♂️

I cannot believe I read that in multiple, back to back posts on this here site.

Nasty.

We not talking about filler. We talking about record for record. Wop got them beat. He’s as good at making music as them...with 10x the output

This isn’t who has the best 10 song album.

At the idea that Gucci Mane....does mot sit at the table with Jeezy/TIP 😂🤦🏾‍♂️

I cannot believe I read that in multiple, back to back posts on this here site.

Nasty.

No one said he doesn’t sit. He’s in the conversation. But Gucci is LOU WILL/GINOBILI.

He’s 6th man off the pine. I RARELY hear gucci nowadays. I don’t see no one from round my way playing his music on FB or IG live.

The only person who I KNOW FOR A FACT is Gucci biggest fan? This white chic who I use to talk to back in high school. SHE OBSESSED WITH GUCCI. These are how his fans look.

These types are a big portion of his fans

She posted this book on her story a few days ago

4064B0E7-7259-4AF8-A14F-FAD4C998C555.jpeg

I see this entirely different than y’all see it :lol:. TIP & Jeezy know wsup. They his damn enemies, and they refer to him on their level :lol: 🤷🏾‍♂️

Wop washed, and still putting out better than music than them 😴

This Veeze cat from Detroit about to blow too. Skated on this

Wop cleaning them up....and then some :lol:. These just high level Gucci joints. His bag ridiculous.

3D076AC7-C758-4F07-8605-6880D133AB0A.gif

First Day Out
I’m a dog
My shirt off
Vette Pass By
Freaky Gurl
So icy
Lemonade
Wasted
Go head
On deck
I think I love her
Bricks
Make the trap say aye
I Might Be
Swing my door
That’s my hood
Go Head
Trap House
Phot Shoot
My Kitchen
Street ******
I get the bag
Trap house 3
Nothin on ya
I don’t love her
TRUTH
WHAT KINDA KING

Biased

NONE OF US SAID GUCCI DOESN’T SIT AT THE TABLE.

Crocket always making up s*****

This how I know you don’t know how to read. And you liked the damn post :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom