Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

"Got straight to the point, no time to play
Didn't need no game, just had to say
Shorty swing my way.....SWING IT OVER HERE SHAWTY!"

:emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire:

Ooooooooooooo

Switching flows and ERYTHANG, SHE WAS FLOWIN! ! !

"Then I walked over to him slowly
I know that you don't know me
But this might be my only shot at
A tenderoni"

I agree with some of what wavy is saying but Gucci was not taking serious by certain groups of rap fans for a while. When you listen to people talk about him especially NY media people they are very unfamiliar with his music. Just now they're understanding his influence. He has a different career. His impact is huge but he never had the buzz of 05 Jeezy or 06 Tip. He didn't nation wide. I **** with Gucci heavy but a lot of his fans want it both ways. They'll say he was on the level of Jeezy and Tip then turn around and say "Oh Gucci was for the streets, they was mainstream".

Gucci legacy is cemented. The south has been dictating what's hot for years and that sound, those artist and producers came up under him. A lot of these rappers out now from the south, chicago, tri state are all influenced by him.

I agree with some of what wavy is saying but Gucci was not taking serious by certain groups of rap fans for a while. When you listen to people talk about him especially NY media people they are very unfamiliar with his music. Just now they're understanding his influence. He has a different career. His impact is huge but he never had the buzz of 05 Jeezy or 06 Tip. He didn't nation wide. I **** with Gucci heavy but a lot of his fans want it both ways. They'll say he was on the level of Jeezy and Tip then turn around and say "Oh Gucci was for the streets, they was mainstream".

Gucci legacy is cemented. The south has been dictating what's hot for years and that sound, those artist and producers came up under him. A lot of these rappers out now from the south, chicago, tri state are all influenced by him.

The reality is wop came in the game a different way. Like you said, he had a different career arc. He wasn’t taken seriously by traditionalist for a minute. Guy was running around with big cat....with nationwide underground hits. Then he bubbled crazy in 08/09...and went mainstream then.

Im saying.....*****s in here acting like he really can’t go song for song with Jeezy & Tip. In a versus. He damn sure can :lol:. He got like 10 of THESE. These didn’t even have to chart....and everybody and they mother know Em.

Hid career arc is unique as hell. Tip may have a record with JT & Rihanna....but we know what’s going to move the people more.

With Wayne having a show on Apple Music i would think they would love for him to have a verzuz but there's literally nobody that would make sense other than maybe Drake
I’d say Future against Wayne would be better and I’m not even the biggest Future fan. Wayne plays Hustler Musik and then Drake drops Find Your Love :sick::lol:

**** still funny :lol:

People used to give me so much **** for being a huge Gucci fan in the mid-lates 2000’s/early 2010’s. Most of them love him now

I see this entirely different than y’all see it :lol:. TIP & Jeezy know wsup. They his damn enemies, and they refer to him on their level :lol: 🤷🏾‍♂️

Wop washed, and still putting out better than music than them 😴

This Veeze cat from Detroit about to blow too. Skated on this

You "switch gears" like you bipolar bear

Stay focused!

If Gucci Mane wasn't one of the games best executives you wouldn't be listening to any of his verses of struggle

Son is Lakers Alex Caruso at this point and at his Apex he was Lakers Eddie Jones

Tell that ***** pick the pills and the lean back up and immediately after use his Twitter account

This a pointless convo at this point, we've been having this for at least a decade & opinions ain't ever gonna change. The Facts are there tho & it's clear one is unlike the others no matter how emotionally attached you are

And in a semi related note Cole's verse on here one of the best in the past 5 years

I thought Church In These Streets was underrated, I liked that album a lot.

I hated 102, Seen It All and 104.

Pressure was cool, I liked around half of it.

The Real Is Back should have been an album. 7-8 songs from each one and put it out.

Back
Top Bottom