Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Smino the best post 21/Kodak/Uzi XXL cover rapper. Gon be one of the ones from the new generation.

You don't highlight and use "straight black men are the white people of the black community" as the intro to your column if the mistreatment of black women was the real convo you wanted touched on.

The writer wanted to prey on a certain crowd & knew that the headline would cause more division amongst black men & women, they knew it would get them RT's & notoriety. Also this isn't a one off the root in particular has a pattern of this.

Right. If somebody wrote a article titled "Homosexuals are the cause of HIV" these same people ain't about read through it and say oh but it's alot truth in there. Nah the title alone discredits you because it's false.

*****s be to proud to admit they could rethink their conditioning, and be better with how they relate to sistas :lol:. Instead, we get defensive because most reliable people that have had our backs (think bout your mothers, aunties, sisters, wives, good gf’s etc) are holding us truly accountable and pulling our shirts. It’s hard to hear it from the people who really love you. Which is black women. And then you throw the sexuality part in there..... *****s like,

64575F11-BB91-4C46-9A4F-BA7517811032.gif

But we can be better. I hate the framing of the convo, and understand how *****s just wall up, and don’t even want to consider another perspective. But some of the **** I’m seeing these days is wild.

And reckonzing we can be better to black women...does not mean stop calling actual terrible woman/humans out for their bs...or holding them accountable. Or going along with everything. Being a simp etc. their are for sure women with scorn that capitalize on **** like this. But Jemele be right, ALOT.

And *****s be too in their way to see it. And the noise and feedback loop is so damn foggy...that nothing gets through.

Social media ran its course.

It ain't even about being defensive. These people don't wanna have real conversation. If you're feeding into stereotypes and using click bait titles alot of people ain't about to waste their time. Some of us are/been "doing" better. I know plenty of _'s that treat women with respect, raise their families, do what they need to do. Same with sistahs, I know alot of young and older black women that don't live IG twerkin. Go to school, work, carry themselves with class. We need to stop letting these lil social media videos and silly **** define us.

We see some goofy _'s doing something and "man we need to do better" who is we? That's them over there. You can't save everybody. Especially these dudes and females that love attention more than anything.

Right. If somebody wrote a article titled "Homosexuals are the cause of HIV" these same people ain't about read through it and say oh but it's alot truth in there. Nah the title alone discredits you because it's false.

It ain't even about being defensive. These people don't wanna have real conversation. If you're feeding into stereotypes and using click bait titles alot of people ain't about to waste their time. Some of us are/been "doing" better. I know plenty of _'s that treat women with respect, raise their families, do what they to do. Same with sistahs, I know alot of young and older black women that don't live IG twerkin. Go to school, work, carry themselves with class. We need to stop letting these lil social media videos and silly **** define us.

We see some goody _'s doing something and "man we need to do better" who is we? That's them over there. You can't save everybody. Especially these dudes and females that love attention more than anything.

Y’sssslawdddddd! Truer words never been spoken. There’s a time and place tor everything.... but some people like to let that s*** carry over into the streets... smh

It ain't even about being defensive. These people don't wanna have real conversation. If you're feeding into stereotypes and using click bait titles alot of people ain't about to waste their time. Some of us are/been "doing" better. I know plenty of _'s that treat women with respect, raise their families, do what they need to do. Same with sistahs, I know alot of young and older black women that don't live IG twerkin. Go to school, work, carry themselves with class. We need to stop letting these lil social media videos and silly **** define us.

We see some goofy _'s doing something and "man we need to do better" who is we? That's them over there. You can't save everybody. Especially these dudes and females that love attention more than anything.

It someone wrote “Homosexual black men, are the white women of black people” lawd hammmmercy. all hell would break loose

That "Blah Blah Blah" or w/e song from a few years back is when I was officially through with Gotti :lol:

Hearing twitter phrases irl though :sick: I cringe everytime, but it's been commonplace for a few years

Gotti with more meme murzik. If u would’ve told me somebody was gonna make a “it’s the ___ for me” song I would’ve guessed him first.

Gotti the down south Fab in that regard:l:lol:

“Meme Murzik” :rollin :rollin s*** like that is why I love NT

When I heard Gotti courting Angela Simmons on that song a few years ago :lol :lol. I knew what type of time he was on.

Ironically, I didn’t know Angela Simmons BD got knocked off a few years ago

If you're feeding into stereotypes and using click bait titles alot of people ain't about to waste their time. Some of us are/been "doing" better. I know plenty of _'s that treat women with respect, raise their families, do what they need to do. Same with sistahs, I know alot of young and older black women that don't live IG twerkin. Go to school, work, carry themselves with class. We need to stop letting these lil social media videos and silly **** define us.

Nowhere did I say, *****s aren’t doing right. I’m not even referring to the goofy stuff. People gon people. What I’m referring to is a totally different convo. We talking past each other at this point.

Nowhere did I say, *****s aren’t doing right. I’m not even referring to the goofy stuff. People gon people. What I’m referring to is a totally different convo. We talking past each other at this point.

you’re talking about the tweet, which she talked about rappers endorsing presidential candidates, and it affecting their ability to have concerts?

Newsflash to her, THE WHOLE COUNTRY LACKS CREDIBILITY. Why? Because it elected Trump as president in 2016. The whole county is an embarrassment. People have to stop singling out certain people. The whole country is in the pits. Own it, and do better. Simple.

At this point, no one in this country is right. No one is “smart” everyone looks silly. And again, it’s because “this” country was smart enough to elect that man as President.

Either we gone move forward, or this continuation of terribleness will continue. Why? Because Americans have shown that they aren’t smart, and lack common sense and decency

you’re talking about the tweet, which she talked about rappers endorsing presidential candidates, and it affecting their ability to have concerts?

Newsflash to her, THE WHOLE COUNTRY LACKS CREDIBILITY. Why? Because it elected Trump as president in 2016. The whole county is an embarrassment. People have to stop singling out certain people. The whole country is in the pits. Own it, and do better. Simple.

Thats not what I’m talking about bruh. Lol. Let’s move this along. I honestly can’t read any of your posts past 2 sentences. Makes my head hurt.

Anyway. Jugg season back

Some high thoughts:

Shook ones is probably only a handful of near perfect/Perfect songs, from Lyrics,Vocal arrangements, production/Beat and mixing, it’s near flawless.

Best Busta song is, Like father like son because he’s only on the hook and not being extra animated.

What’s the best series: Blood money 1-3 or losin Weight 1-3?

Who has the most and best appearances on R&B records?
losin weight

Jay doesn't have the most apperances on R&B records but he had quite a few in the 90's. always liked this song

Back
Top Bottom