Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

He was trying to compare pre-2000s blacklisting with social media, he kind of young bruh. He don’t know any better

Yea but my post mentioned nothing about blackballing, it was about how social media has left no grey are in regards to these discussions involving gender/sexuality. We've gotten to a point where any criticism or pointing out of inconsistencies is thrown in as dismissing or belittling of black women.

**** a few months ago they went After Cole & accused him of "gaslighting" by asking a black women publicly how he should get better understanding going forward :lol: .

*****s be to proud to admit they could rethink their conditioning, and be better with how they relate to sistas :lol:. Instead, we get defensive because most reliable people that have had our backs (think bout your mothers, aunties, sisters, wives, good gf’s etc) are holding us truly accountable and pulling our shirts. It’s hard to hear it from the people who really love you. Which is black women. And then you throw the sexuality part in there..... *****s like,

64575F11-BB91-4C46-9A4F-BA7517811032.gif

But we can be better. I hate the framing of the convo, and understand how *****s just wall up, and don’t even want to consider another perspective. But some of the **** I’m seeing these days is wild.

And reckonzing we can be better to black women...does not mean stop calling actual terrible woman/humans out for their bs...or holding them accountable. Or going along with everything. Being a simp etc. their are for sure women with scorn that capitalize on **** like this. But Jemele be right, ALOT.

And *****s be too in their way to see it. And the noise and feedback loop is so damn foggy...that nothing gets through.

Social media ran its course.

Being better isn't the **** they complain about

Have they taken ownership that they also need to be better mothers, since so many of them are raising us alone?

Who is raising us not to respect black women?

It's a lack of personal responsibility from all sides. From the partners they choose to some of our actions.

Can’t believe there was a whole discussion about Lacrosse in here.

Played junior high/high school and 2 years of college. I was an attackman, would get a decent amount of double teams and ****** my knee up.

Still one of if not the most fun sport I’ve ever played between the speed and the contact.

You don't highlight and use "straight black men are the white people of the black community" as the intro to your column if the mistreatment of black women was the real convo you wanted touched on.

The writer wanted to prey on a certain crowd & knew that the headline would cause more division amongst black men & women, they knew it would get them RT's & notoriety. Also this isn't a one off the root in particular has a pattern of this.
This is bull****

What about straight asians, latinos, white men....

No, because they would never write such bull****.

Because patriarchy exist among all races/ethnicities. And all of them are homophobic.

But it's acceptable to **** on black men.

How are black men holding black women back? What power do straight black men have in this country? The power to dance with a microphone or run with a ball?

It's misplaced aggression because neither goes after the real oppressor. But it's more acceptable for her to say slick **** about black men.
Facts. They know exactly what they're doing. No different than the noname idiot who was mad at black men claiming we don't back black women one week and then tearing down Beyonce the following.
This dude wifed up a chick who bragged about getting a train ran on her by the Phoenix Suns. Yikes

Nah, that was another jawn. He still wild for wifing up the Celina girl.

Some high thoughts:

Shook ones is probably only a handful of near perfect/Perfect songs, from Lyrics,Vocal arrangements, production/Beat and mixing, it’s near flawless.

Best Busta song is, Like father like son because he’s only on the hook and not being extra animated.

What’s the best series: Blood money 1-3 or losin Weight 1-3?

Who has the most and best appearances on R&B records?

Yo we were talking lacrosse and sports that arent the most popular... got me thinking of Olympic handball. That **** is so much fun
What’s that one sport where they sweep the ice with brooms and try to get that ball looking thing trying to get it to land on a spot.

I told my snowboarding story in the washed thread :lol:

I tried golf before, didnt like it.

Also did cross country skiing when i lived way up north for a year. That was pretty cool.

Went snowmobiling there too and ice fishing.

Back
Top Bottom