Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Tyga doesn't make bad music now, there's no way people give passes to certain music from the hottest acts, and claim that Tyga's trash:

His biggest issue Right now (Other than him being heavily typecasted from the coconut juice era) is that he has no identity to the people. There's nothing unique about him. When he popped, he looked like Kid Ink, Wiz Khalifa, All of them ****** and his music while not bad, was extremely generic.

I think he missed the boat on the LA movement though. Like LA rap kind of had a renaissance in the late 2000's with YG, Kendrick, DOM, Nipsey Hussle, DJ Mustard, (He tried to latch on to the LA wave with Rack City) etc. and had he popped when LA rapped popped, the perception of him would be way different.

Perception is always greater than talent in the music business.

Yeah he wasn’t necessarily in that movement super early on but I think he was in early enough for people outside of LA that was just starting to see what was going on out there. He started ******* w YG before Just Re’d Up, which was a big project for him. Then YG in turn hopped on #*****imthe**** which was a big tape for Tyga

YG later start acting like Tyga stole his stole but he’s the one who told Mustard to send Tyga the damn beats :lol: :smh:

Rack City cracked that sound off for the mainstream

Last edited:
did this lame *** ***** just say i get her hot cheetos just to see her lick her fingers? :sick:

Tyga doesn't make bad music now, there's no way people give passes to certain music from the hottest acts, and claim that Tyga's trash:

His biggest issue Right now (Other than him being heavily typecasted from the coconut juice era) is that he has no identity to the people. There's nothing unique about him. When he popped, he looked like Kid Ink, Wiz Khalifa, All of them *****s and his music while not bad, was extremely generic.

I think he missed the boat on the LA movement though. Like LA rap kind of had a renaissance in the late 2000's with YG, Kendrick, DOM, Nipsey Hussle, DJ Mustard, (He tried to latch on to the LA wave with Rack City) etc. and had he popped when LA rapped popped, the perception of him would be way different.

Perception is always greater than talent in the music business.

Tyga has had a better career than nipsey and Dom. Especially nipsey. Fam was buzzing crazy when I was in high school, never did nothing with all that buzz. 0 hits

Tyga has had a better career than nipsey and Dom. Especially nipsey. Fam was buzzing crazy when I was in high school, never did nothing with all that buzz. 0 hits

you drunk. again bro :lol:

even from a money perspective, which is what i assume you were talking about...tyga was on breakfast club crying about not getting money from rack city in like 2016...meanwhile nipsey stayed independent and was selling projects for $100, and then $1000...

Nobody I know who really be trying to dress wears Last Kings...Crenshaw (or whatever the official name is) is a respected brand and will probably outlast Nipseys rap career by years

Not to mention, Nipsey's mainstream career and visibility just getting started with the Atlantic deal and the New New relationship.

Dom is debatable on a mainstream/popularity level but he obviously has the better catalog and probably lowkey has a similar story to Nipsey about the long term independent grind paying off.

boosie has content and good songs but his voice is the only voice I absolutely can’t listen to

boy sounds crazy as hell

Boosie’s new album Boo Pac is dope. Y’all sleep

ehh, It's alright. Better than other recent stuff he's had. But hearing some songs on that album compared to stuff like I Smoke Blunts, Head Busta, and Better Believe It, I feel like I'm forcing myself to like his recent music

boosie has content and good songs but his voice is the only voice I absolutely can’t listen to

boy sounds crazy as hell

eeeeexactly

Back
Top Bottom