Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

you drunk. again bro :lol:

even from a money perspective, which is what i assume you were talking about...tyga was on breakfast club crying about not getting money from rack city in like 2016...meanwhile nipsey stayed independent and was selling projects for $100, and then $1000...

Nobody I know who really be trying to dress wears Last Kings...Crenshaw (or whatever the official name is) is a respected brand and will probably outlast Nipseys rap career by years

Not to mention, Nipsey's mainstream career and visibility just getting started with the Atlantic deal and the New New relationship.

Dom is debatable on a mainstream/popularity level but he obviously has the better catalog and probably lowkey has a similar story to Nipsey about the long term independent grind paying off.

Yup yup speak on it. Marathon Clothing is one of the biggest black clothing lines there is. From that, to him owning all of his masters, he made MILLIONS off of simple Tunecore, something Tyga is only just now starting to do as his best days are behind him popularity wise. Nip is in the midst of a 2nd prime, which is rare.

And DOM is caking even more than Nip :lol: he put Nip on to the independent wave. Multimillionaires.

Yup yup speak on it. Marathon Clothing is one of the biggest black clothing lines there is. From that, to him owning all of his masters, he made MILLIONS off of simple Tunecore, something Tyga is only just now starting to do as his best days are behind him popularity wise. Nip is in the midst of a 2nd prime, which is rare.

And DOM is caking even more than Nip :lol: he put Nip on to the independent wave. Multimillionaires.

Are they eating from streaming or people just buying their projects from iTunes?

I remember you saying you got homies that is caking modestly from TuneCore. I might take me and some homies and hop on that and just see what happens as far as side money.

Are they eating from streaming or people just buying their projects from iTunes?

I remember you saying you got homies that is caking modestly from TuneCore. I might take me and some homies and hop on that and just see what happens as far as side money.

Nip alluded to it on his rap radar podcast. Initially it was from sales, but since like 2014 ish, it's been mostly from streams.

Russ alluded to it as well. Indie acts w/a following are out here eatingggg and it's almost exclusively from streaming.

i was watching his live today and he said he aimed “right for the ***” :lol:

he said that **** multiple times and as expected ****** started questioning that **** and he abruptly ended that **** :lol:

this dude definitely got some deeper **** going on :lol: still funny tho

we gonna find out he was addicted to ladyboys when he was locked up or something.

you drunk. again bro :lol:

even from a money perspective, which is what i assume you were talking about...tyga was on breakfast club crying about not getting money from rack city in like 2016...meanwhile nipsey stayed independent and was selling projects for $100, and then $1000...

Nobody I know who really be trying to dress wears Last Kings...Crenshaw (or whatever the official name is) is a respected brand and will probably outlast Nipseys rap career by years

Not to mention, Nipsey's mainstream career and visibility just getting started with the Atlantic deal and the New New relationship.

Dom is debatable on a mainstream/popularity level but he obviously has the better catalog and probably lowkey has a similar story to Nipsey about the long term independent grind paying off.

You’re misread what I said. I didn’t say what money they made.

And it’s funny you said “even from a money perspective” :lol: no not EVEN, you mean ONLY

Like I said career wise, mainstream success anyway you wanna put it. Nipsey or Dom are not seeing tyga. It’s not even close.

Nipsey doesn't have a hit to his name. He is known for being Lauren London’s BF. Not even prime Lauren London that everyone knows, washed post-Wayne baby star-faded Lauren London.

Dom had his moments Atleast. He was popular like my sophomore year in HS. The only ppl hat care about Nipsey Hussle are ppl who ride that underground wave. He never had any mainstream success. He’s only around cuz of outside of music ventures which you have mentioned.

So again TYGA > NIPSEY career wise. It’s not even close

You’re misread what I said. I didn’t say what money they made.

And it’s funny you said “even from a money perspective” :lol: no not EVEN, you mean ONLY

Like I said career wise, mainstream success anyway you wanna put it. Nipsey or Dom are not seeing tyga. It’s not even close.

Nipsey doesn't have a hit to his name. He is known for being Lauren London’s BF. Not even prime Lauren London that everyone knows, washed post-Wayne baby star-faded Lauren London.

Dom had his moments Atleast. He was popular like my sophomore year in HS. The only ppl hat care about Nipsey Hussle are ppl who ride that underground wave. He never had any mainstream success. He’s only around cuz of outside of music ventures which you have mentioned.

So again TYGA > NIPSEY career wise. It’s not even close

:rofl: the irony of us all going down memory lane in the last 2 pages because the same is true for Tyga. *****'s peak was when TISA and Karmaloop was still hot.

Where is this long streak of hits other than Rack City, Hookah and maaaaaaybe I'll give him that 187 sampling joint.

He has less than 5 true hits and most of his success is overshadowed by him doing off brand **** like ****ing chicks a decade younger than him and him rebranding into a Compton ***** after simply being on YM and Travie McCoy's cousin wasn't enough of a brand anymore.

High school me ****s with Tyga 2010-2012 but we not about to act like any sane person would pick his career over Dom who will probably be able to pull his current schtick for the next decade and a half or really until he damn well pleases if people like E-40 and Too Short went for decades or someone like Nipsey who is about to have a mainstream run after being one of the biggest, if not the biggest independent artist aside from *Chance this decade.

You must be related to Tyga or something to even pick Dom and Nipsey to randomly make that statement of all people :lol: I'd def rather have a 20 year career of staying consistent in the underground and on the internet as opposed to a 2-3 year run as a "mainstream" act. It's sad I even gotta use this metric, but who you think your boy Drake giving a feature to first right now, Nipsey or Tyga? Be careful because Drake is definitely the type to randomly pop up with a Nipsey track to renew that LA pass.

Only pass Tyga can give Drake is a Disneyland FastPass...

I wanna see Tyga bounce back to 2010-2012 form but Dom and Nipsey ain't the careers to compare his to lol.

Last edited:
Yfn lucci gotta be the worse new *****. Dudes that usually **** wit everything don't even rock wit son. Ross was here nye and alot of the homies wanted to go but couldn't stand to see a lucci set.

Yfn lucci gotta be the worse new *****. Dudes that usually **** wit everything don't even rock wit son. Ross was here nye and alot of the homies wanted to go but couldn't stand to see a lucci set.
Son is dumpster juice. That weak *** nasally *** fake singing he tries to do. :smh:

Shieet.....yo get mad luv in my city and in the A.

They not booking yo for no reason :lol:.

Ohhhh ho hoo hooo! :pimp:

:rofl: the irony of us all going down memory lane in the last 2 pages because the same is true for Tyga. *****'s peak was when TISA and Karmaloop was still hot.

Where is this long streak of hits other than Rack City, Hookah and maaaaaaybe I'll give him that 187 sampling joint.

He has less than 5 true hits and most of his success is overshadowed by him doing off brand **** like ****ing chicks a decade younger than him and him rebranding into a Compton ***** after simply being on YM and Travie McCoy's cousin wasn't enough of a brand

There’s literally MORE hits if I scroll down YouTube. Go take a look. Even I myself forgot about some of them. I’m not caping for tyga. I’m calling a spade a spade. You brought up Nipsey Hussle and Dom not me

High school me ****s with Tyga 2010-2012 but we not about to act like any sane person would pick his career over Dom who will probably be able to pull his current schtick for the next decade and a half or really until he damn well pleases if people like E-40 and Too Short went for decades or someone like Nipsey who is about to have a mainstream run after being one of the biggest, if not the biggest independent artist aside from *Chance this decade.

You must be related to Tyga or something to even pick Dom and Nipsey to randomly make that statement of all people :lol: I'd def rather have a 20 year career of staying consistent in the underground and on the internet as opposed to a 2-3 year run as a "mainstream" act. It's sad I even gotta use this metric, but who you think your boy Drake giving a feature to first right now, Nipsey or Tyga? Be careful because Drake is definitely the type to randomly pop up with a Nipsey track to renew that LA pass.

Only pass Tyga can give Drake is a Disneyland FastPass...

I wanna see Tyga bounce back to 2010-2012 form but Dom and Nipsey ain't the careers to compare his to lol.

You keep saying nipsey is going to have a mainstream career LOL
Where?? Where is the proof of this?

Tyga has had HITS in different eras, young money days, club hits underground hits etc chart hits etc

Nipsey has HAD NONE! Not a one to his name(maybe I’m wrong he might have ONE lol)

Nipsey was the dude on the freshman xl cover with hella buzz, probably the same as Sean and wale. Compared to them his career is no short of underachieving.

This is the dude who was selling albums for $100 lol he has never had a mainstream presence bro. At this point Russ has had a better career then him LOL

Just say y’all like nipsey and call it a day. And for the record rap ****** is garbage. Stop posting it please. Second time I seen it....on NT of course

Back
Top Bottom