Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Tyga is def more mainstream than Nipsey.

It’s not even a debate. Dudes are just mad cuz they like nipsey which is fine. No one is saying tyga is a better rapper.

But the original comment was something to the effect of tyga should have been like “Dom nipsey yg etc” and I had to comment on that cuz that’s a wild statement. Tyga is more successful when it comes to MUSIC as a RAPPER than NIPSEY and DOM...easily

Once again Waves is stuck in his pop radio bubble. Nipsey's mixtape catalog is WAY better than Tygas catalogs. Nipsey has been a great business man from day 1. Him and his team have built a whole economic stream for themselves. Only thing Tyga got is strip club hits that his team/label raped him on. Nobody with a brain would take Tyga's career over Nipsey's. :lol:

artist perception is on the two extreme polar opposites on NT :lol:

Lol bruh a room full of 100 people couldn’t come together and name you 5 Nipsey Hussle songs in the LAST 5 YEARS.

Hell I CAN’T EVEN do it

That Lauren London stimulus package ain’t what they think it is.

Once again Waves is stuck in his pop radio bubble. Nipsey's mixtape catalog is WAY better than Tygas catalogs. Nipsey has been a great business man from day 1. Him and his team have built a whole economic stream for themselves. Only thing Tyga got is strip club hits that his team/label raped him on. Nobody with a brain would take Tyga's career over Nipsey's. :lol:

=

I’m a Nipsey Hussle fan and I don’t like tyga.

Wavez is not wrong though.

Y'all are talking about skill and discography. He's saying Tyga was the bigger artist, which is true. Obviously it is because of his money and connections, but that still doesn't change the fact that Tyga is bigger.

Y'all are talking about skill and discography. He's saying Tyga was the bigger artist, which is true. Obviously it is because of his money and connections, but that still doesn't change the fact that Tyga is bigger.

It’s not rocket science I swear.

They doing all the mental gymnastics Label this Label that...
If we gonna make excuses

Let’s say tyga didn’t have a trash contract with birdman...then what? And if he saw all the $$ from rack city etc...then y’all REALLY wouldn’t have a leg to stand on for this argument

It’s so simple man. Tyga is one of my least favorite acts....and it’s clear as hell hes a bigger than Nipsey. All things be damned :lol:

This is the dude who was selling albums for $100 lol he has never had a mainstream presence bro. At this point Russ has had a better career then him LOL

He sold over 1,000 copies of that in less than 24 hours while it was still available for free. That's great business.

Waves words were "better career" and "mainstream successful"

Is Tyga a more known celebrity? Yes.

Better career? Hell no. More successful? Hell no. What's the point in being more mainstream when you signed a slave deal and you have no core fan base?

Non of us know their career earnings. Tyga might live with thiss facade like he's a billionaire when we know he's fronting, but I'm sure he's racked up a **** load of money from walk throughs and concerts over the years.

So Nipsey Hussle bamboozling some fools to pay $100 for a tape in 2015 Negates 6-7 years of a mainstream career being a part of the hottest rap group at one point in time, sold out shows, touring overseas since 2013(probably earlier), opening up your own clothing store, having a over 5 mainstream HITS ???

:lol: only NT.

Tyga is def more mainstream than Nipsey.

nobody argued this.

wavez was saying tyga had the “better career”

tyga’s career is like if bow wow was only 45 percent cornball instead of 85 percent

he has his teen fans but what grown man just rides around listening to tyga lol

again ask yourself which career you would rather have...literally the only thing y’all are saying tyga has over Nip is mainstream popularity (which he had the aid of YMCMB/Universal for)

****** be valuing the wrong **** :lol: at the end of the day the music industry is about money and making it last

Back
Top Bottom