Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I've been asking about this song for the whole week and nobody wanna talk about this or Remy ruining a classic song

That fat joe record wack but Remy record was hard.

Also i watched yesterdays episode & AK with a straight face said UZI's melodies are Way better than Wayne's..............:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yea that was trash. If it were at least on some street record type of vibe it may have fared better.

Precisely

Nah. Remy track shouldn't have been a remake. She never sounded comfortable on the beat, just didn't fit. She's not the artist for that song. Chris sounded cool but just that, cool. He couldn't carry her on this track.

Just saw the Star "apology" boy back tracked better than Primetime in his prime

Also i watched yesterdays episode & AK with a straight face said UZI's melodies are Way better than Wayne's..............:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Uzi’s melodies ARE better. Wayne is obviously the better pure rapper though

In case you were wondering what DMX is up to he's at a Chilis buying shots and preaching about God
https://bars.tl/Vu6u/V5GL9eNUZJ

DUZoLS6X4AEhpL7.jpg

I had some people hit me up and tell me that before I actually heard it.

I was thinking there’s no way he doing that **** and then I heard the song and sure enough :lol:

I used to criticize drake hard but that's because I was looking at him wrong . I initially had him in a the rap/emcee category, that's why them people writing his verses was unacceptable. He's really more of band/ pop artist. That's why him having verses written for him, taking flows, and mimicking other artist songs and style don't mean anything to me anymore.

I'm looking forward to his next album though because unlike 95% of these artist with the mindless turn up babbling, Drake is actually talking about something when he raps, and he's also smooth with the metaphors and double entendres.

Fat Joe and Remy just need to stop making music.

Jose my guy....but his contrived hit making years are over. Heard he coming out with a podcast. Much more interested in THAT, than hearing anymore records from him.

All the way that was one of the most FORCED hits I ever heard.
Wavy with another far-fetched post.Forced ???

Yes. Forced. It wasn’t a good record...but everybody got behind it. I’m not saying it was placed or anything....but a lot of people supported that record when it really isn’t that good.

Joe has ALWAYS had huge relationships & support from the industry & for the past few years the records he dropped ain't do what All The Way Up did. That song went because it was a good song for what it was. this wasn't some **** that just popped up on the charts, it dropped slowly grew & Stayed for an extremely long time

Yes. Forced. It wasn’t a good record...but everybody got behind it. I’m not saying it was placed or anything....but a lot of people supported that record when it really isn’t that good.

Yeah I didn't feel it either. I just chalked it up to it being a "east coast thing" even tho I **** with a lot of east coast ****.

How many remixes did the track have? :lol:

Joe has ALWAYS had huge relationships & support from the industry & for the past few years the records he dropped ain't do what All The Way Up did. That song went because it was a good song for what it was. this wasn't some **** that just popped up on the charts, it dropped slowly grew & Stayed for an extremely long time

Again....I never said it was placed on the charts or anything. I’m saying a below average, contrived record was supported and damn near pushed down our throats :lol:.

Fat Joe and his connects were everywhere telling us it was a hit. Relentless. Then it just took off.

I’m cool on fat Joe records. Rather just hear him on a podcast.

Yeah I didn't feel it either. I just chalked it up to it being a "east coast thing" even tho I **** with a lot of east coast ****.

How many remixes did the track have? :lol:

A whole lot :lol:

Low key....Khaled made that takeoff. That joint dropped right when Khaled became KHALED after newfound fame from snap/social media. And the Hov remix. And every radio station in nyc spinning it etc etc. Jose is a hit maker and networker. THIS one worked for him.

It was formulaic....and good timing + connections helped that record get off the ground.

All the way up was in no way "forced" if having connections & being formulaic is the prerequisite then which hit songs aren't Forced these days. Joe been trying to catch another one for years, it didn't work because the song wasn't fire. he dropped that & it picked up because people felt the song because it was a good party song. Jay hopped on the remix because it was a hot song.

i like that fat joe record

i said this before but if it wasnt Pac we’d like it.

Back
Top Bottom