Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

We love Cole but the closest to a classic he’s had is 2014 FHD, that album is universally loved, we know he has the ability for great music so he hardly does no wrong

Kendrick a legend and got classics too, IMO he has also become the safety net for those people who vaguely touch hip-hop and throw his name out in discussion to cover their bases. He will go down as a GOAT

Drake, I was ready to write him off after TML, thought he would be flash in a pan, but the run has been 10+ years, undeniable at this point regardless how you feel about him
Drake should not be in this topic, he doesn’t write all his music. He’s in the Kanye lane, with Travis.

Finally got around to listening to Prodigy's book. It was good but I see why a lot of people were heated at him for it.

It was kinda eerie too cause of him mentioning the signs he kept seeing like the bright green shooting star, the UFO, the shadow figure in his room, and all his dead friends/family that came to him one time in the hospital.

Prodigy went Dr Dre with that book

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No Subliminals on this one I had no idea you were one of Aubrey's Owls :smh:, I expect better from you king.

1616641929592.gif

This 2021 disrespect is different

Think it was Parks that summed up the replay value of Cole’s albums. It’s just a lot of him. At first I thought it was weird to say, because Cole is a real lyricist who raps about his experiences and the experiences of those around him. But digging deeper, it’s Cole’s raps about Cole’s stories over Cole’s beats/production. Dude doesn’t do features and doesn’t have much help from other producers on his projects, so I can see how it just gets monotonous as hell and difficult to consistently replay.

I also enjoy the Cole produced ‘Jig is Up (Dumpin)’ by Kendrick as well

No desire to hear Cole on Tale of Two Cities since the ‘15 Black Friday swap

Glad Nore got Cam on, we’re in for some classic stories....always wondered if he actually was in studio w Bey for that song from SDE :lol:bc we know he made a pass at her if so

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom