Dudes was calling ppl genius just for being talented

Rather the term GOAT than genius

Raps above average off the dome.... Genius
Raps and sings .... Genius
Raps and makes his own beat.... Genius
Dudes was calling ppl genius just for being talented

His contribution

DC0CDAFE-4CBF-4E23-825B-62AC9D0EA301.gif

I've been complaining about that cornball **** for a minute now.

The internet has taken over and made almost everything so damn corny :smh:

Wtf is a "GOATED"?

When ****** started Photoshoping Billy goats on album covers I knew to never used that term again

we been said social media has made everything corny, but some of y’all take it personal. Just enjoy life at this point....

but that’s what happens when morality and integrity takes a backseat to reality.

You see how they bastardized the word “GOAT”? :lol:

When I hear/see someone say **** like “GOATED”…I just cringe. **** is sick. That said, I’ll ALLOW SJ-Beezy and Bow Weezy! Prince of the O town….to pop their **** :pimp:. Pure entertainment from those delusional, narcissistic, literal man children :pimp:

Coming from the main one in this thread who does :emoji_goat:

tenor.gif

What's the correlation between freestyle music & hip hop, and role did they play w/ one another? They definitely feel like cousins or something.

Not sure what freestyle music is...sounds like some **** white people named it

but Full Force were pre Teddy in bringing hip hop aspects to pop music

I think it's more post disco dance music

Like that Shannon song was a popular break dance song

Slick Rick deciding to stop rapping when he did will never make sense to me. Man was still nice and getting better in era where the beats aligned perfectly w/ his voice. I don't get it:

I don't think he had a choice

He was incarcirated

Then he got deported when he got out

I think if it was today where you could just send someone beats and didn't have to be in the studio he would have been straight

Slick Rick deciding to stop rapping when he did will never make sense to me. Man was still nice and getting better in era where the beats aligned perfectly w/ his voice. I don't get it:

fam Im mad he doesn’t have way more music. I’d take lost tapes and all :lol:. He deserved a full 20-30 year run man. His vocal style still innovative and unique to this day. And style wise you see his influence on Kanye, Pharrell, I almost brought him up wit the Tyler/Nast “beef” over the preppy clothes :lol:

also this may be a reach but it’s surreal to me he manifested/spoke so much of the ******** that happened to him wit his song concepts/lyrics (The Moment I Feared ending wit him going to prison; “Even if I get deported, I still own America” on I Own America)

But yeah I wish he did some more projects over late 90’s/early 2000’s beats before he retired. I wonder what caused that gap between Art of Storytelling in 98 and him getting deported in 03. He coulda put out another project or two. I never heard that Raekwon song tho good looks.

Last edited:
What’s freestyle music? Never heard of it
I'm guessing it was just regional NY thing? They used samplers & synthesizers n stuff. Pretty much fully electronic produced dance music. A lot of it is "low quality" and the singers tend to not be as "technically" gifted vocally, but the emotion they put out packs a punch.Overall, its some fast paced funky sounding beats w/ some pop, rap, and latin infusions.

these are probably the most know songs:

I kinda consider this song freestyle, but then I kinda don't. It's like some electro/early techno stuff. I definitely feel like Pharrell built his style off this, so in a way I consider it Hip Hop as well:

I'm guessing it was just regional NY thing? They used samplers & synthesizers n stuff. Pretty much fully electronic produced dance music. A lot of it is "low quality" and the singers tend to not be as "technically" gifted vocally, but the emotion they put out packs a punch.Overall, its some fast paced funky sounding beats w/ some pop, rap, and latin infusions.

these are probably the most know songs:

I kinda consider this song freestyle, but then I kinda don't. It's like some electro/early techno stuff. I definitely feel like Pharrell built his style off this, so in a way I consider it Hip Hop as well:

Damn you just put me on something. Hella samples :lol: And I hear Pharrell percussion style in that last joint too.

Back
Top Bottom