Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

i'm stunned at cats not knowing what Freestyle is, absolutely stunned...

nah for real. :smh:
I’m not sure I know what FREESTYLE is, anymore.
Truly.
Used to mean rhyming completely off the cuff and the **** wasn’t written. As a teen we’d put on the Celly Cell “It’s going down” instrumental and we “Freestyle”

Today though, when Artists hit Breakfast Club and spit the same bars they did yesterday at HOT97 or when you have XXL Freshman Cyphers and these dudes spitting bars from songs that are currently charted, and folks calling it freestyle, yea I have know idea what FREESTYLE is.

tenor.gif

as far as freestyling goes, truth be told Tyler was the last person i watched in one of these radio interviews that actually freestyled. He hit Flex with wild gay bars the whole time but it was off the dome with what they had just talked about in the interview

Megan's Survivor Series outfit
shaq.png

Yung Miami's cheeks shaking
jawalrus.png

JT's not really shaking
dwill.png
patrice.png

DMX tribute
banderas.png
could've been longer but that's just nitpicking

Until it becomes reality.
I’d love to see that as a reality but unless he has some major pull or favors owed, he has no shot of landing that gig. Too many Black Men with resumes that actually say they are perfect for the job, that get passed over for me to think Percy has a shot.

Those two pages on FREESTYLE music. :emoji_fire:
Familiar with damn near all of those songs.(dkk ok me truly Classic joints were posted)

Crazy I’d never heard the term or Genre called Freestyle! The older I get the more I realize I really don’t know ****.

This month's episode of the Hit Parade podcast is an interesting one. It focuses on a topic that is often discussed in this thread. The history and evolution of rap-harmonizing/sing-rapping, when and how something is considered rap or r&b or pop etc.

Game out here catching Ls. He owes a woman 7 million now this judgement for 12 million smh. Homie gonna have to start rapping again.

That’s what he get for alwaysssss being in other peoples business, and not minding his own!!

Back
Top Bottom