Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Coming from the main one in this thread who does :emoji_goat:

tenor.gif

Cuz….He is HIM

🐐

:pimp:

this what we be talking about. IT’S OKAY FOR DUDES TO BE TRASH!

I feel like I’m the only one in here who gives honest criticism. That s**** trash. Same sounding a*** s****

Thug brother joint is chills TO ME. You disagree. That’s fine.

now go on about your K2 business.

BC7DA7EF-BC49-4A07-9918-F4C094886725.gif

You boring ******s want a consensus on subjective ****. Relax

I'm guessing it was just regional NY thing? They used samplers & synthesizers n stuff. Pretty much fully electronic produced dance music. A lot of it is "low quality" and the singers tend to not be as "technically" gifted vocally, but the emotion they put out packs a punch.Overall, its some fast paced funky sounding beats w/ some pop, rap, and latin infusions.

these are probably the most know songs:

I kinda consider this song freestyle, but then I kinda don't. It's like some electro/early techno stuff. I definitely feel like Pharrell built his style off this, so in a way I consider it Hip Hop as well:

Wasnt regional to NY. Huge in FL, Philly, Chi., TX, up and down Cali etc.

Fonda Rae and Strafe aren’t freestyle. Most of the others you posted were along those lines though.

And **** like this…..

as for the Hip Hop connection it was an extension of post Bambaataa electro **** (which is what I consider Strafe “Set It Off”) and a lot of the early breakdance crews were Latino so they got down to these records.

And I think similar to the early park jams these records were getting played at Hip Hop parties. I hear them in old school sets by DJs from back then.

that garbage *** s**** you champion be b

Mog equates NOT LIKING YOUNG THUG’S brother’s music to = boring :lol: :lol:

Keep being you bruh. You the epitome of a sensitive millennial:rofl:

808, auto tune, and a few adlibs and you got Crockett’s attention. I ain’t ever heard bruh speak ill of that formula

Wasnt regional to NY. Huge in FL, Philly, Chi., TX, up and down Cali etc.

Fonda Rae and Strafe aren’t freestyle. Most of the others you posted were along those lines though.

And **** like this…..

as for the Hip Hop connection it was an extension of post Bambaataa electro **** (which is what I consider Strafe “Set It Off”) and a lot of the early breakdance crews were Latino so they got down to these records.

And I think similar to the early park jams these records were getting played at Hip Hop parties. I hear them in old school sets by DJs from back then.

Like the Miami Bass a.k.a. "Booty Shaking Music" is that what you're referring to? That Chicago & Detroit was usually house & techno (r.i.p. frankie knuckles). Like this was Chicago at the time:

Detroit:

^I know they were treated like weirdos :lol:

Like the Miami Bass a.k.a. "Booty Shaking Music" is that what you're referring to? That Chicago & Detroit was usually house & techno (r.i.p. frankie knuckles). Like this was Chicago at the time:

Detroit:

i love getting into the origins of music styles
a lot of the house music came out of underground gay clubs, one of the pioneers of Chicago house was twakked out on heroin while he was DJing so he sped the music up
because it sounded too slow while he was high,

Stevie B’s the king of freestyle

Desus & Mero absolutely ruined Stevie B for me."I wanna be the one your titi is *******." It's Mero in my head singing this **** btw, sounds like some fusion **** :lol:
i love getting into the origins of music styles
a lot of the house music came out of underground gay clubs, one of the pioneers of Chicago house was twakked out on heroin while he was DJing so he sped the music up
because it sounded too slow while he was high,
You know how fascinating I find this.

Detroit:

No Freestyle proper was big in Miami. Miami Bass is kind of an extension of that popularity.

People that ****** with Hip Hop ****** with a lot of different ****. That’s how Hip Hop was born.

Freestyle was big in Detroit and Chicago but the Midwest is really the home of House Music. At a certain point both genres were kind of popping at the same time. And both were still grimey *** cities at the time. Gang heavy.

That Ten City joint is a classic. That’s Chicago House.

Also Chicago….

Also Detroit….

This kind of **** was absolutely getting rocked at Hip Hop parties back then too.

A lot of early hip hop albums had “dance records” on them. “Get On The Dance Floor” by Rob Base is an acid house joint. “The House That Cee Built” by Big Daddy Kane.

There was a whole Hip House sub genre. Doug Lazy. Twin Hype. King Sun did one.

That was all a part of the “culture” back then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom