Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Ghostface is better than Hov. Man has dropped fire projects all last decade. Notably Twelve Reason to Die 1 & 2, and that BADBADNOTGOOD joint, He 3peated w/ OB4CL, Ironman, and Supreme Clientele. The bootleg Bulletproof Wallets is fire. The Pretty Toney Album & Fiscal are amazing. PTA is my favourite album. The Big Doe Rehab is amazing, and I'm not dippin in underground/loosie records bag. Man had the greatest rap voice ever. No one can make you feel a bar the way Ghost does. He's just so amazing, the list is too long. Ghost is just Goat.

Yeah GFK top 5 period.
This is what I was wondering with the ross is top 5/10 folk. Yall got ross over gfk., Scarface, cube etc???

Yall some on the most non comprehending, sh*tty processing of information, moving the goalposts a** mfkrs ive ever seen.

Fk it. Have it your way. Rap now, is the same as it was back in the late 70’s. Its never, @ any point, moved foward in ANY way, shape or form.

im through…

Nobody is discrediting the new legends tho & this is what ya'll don't wanna get. But when we're talking the best albums of all time it isn't a diss to say that they're better or up to par with everything that's out now. That is what classic music does, some of the top tier artist are already a decade in & it's happening to their music as well.

And to keep the NBA parallel going, a lot of people who claim the new game> 90's game say it's because of the weakened competition, the expansion era....

The same thing is happening in music now, The greats are going to be great in any era....... but when looking at the OVERALL scale the talent pool in rap is looking like the expansion era. There's phenomenal artist this generation, but for every star there’s 10 IG models/comedians wit 100k followers who become “rappers” because **** is so disposable.

when people are commenting on the advancement of hiphop we are speaking on the WHOLE not just the top 10 percent.

like what ever you like, but trying to dismiss all time works of art, simply because time has passed isn’t done in any other form of art

hiphop is the only culture that goes by this “out with the old, in with the new” mindset. Thankfully a lot of the elders are delivering great music till this day & changing that narrative[/QUOTE]

Yall some on the most non comprehending, sh*tty processing of information, moving the goalposts a** mfkrs ive ever seen.

Fk it. Have it your way. Rap now, is the same as it was back in the late 70’s. Its never, @ any point, moved foward in ANY way, shape or form.

im through…

This x 10000. I swear.

You can lay it out word word for these *****s, and they consistently miss EASY points 🤦🏾‍♂️ :lol:. **** gets so convoluted, that dudes aren’t even discussing the same topic anymore. It’s frustrating. I’m out!

Nas might've had the best rap album in 2021.

Miss me with "advancement" :lol:

Yeah ok. But even if so, he had to get with Hit Boy….and use flows, lingos from the present day. That is the very definition of “advancement”

For some reason, y’all equate advancement to meaning the QUALITY of something before it’s time is somehow superior.

What advancement means is building on something that predated it. And that is what rap has always done. And continues to do. Y’all so STUCK, y’all don’t want to admit the obvious. And it’s sad.

But anyway, this project has been the toughest to me, out of another solid year of rap releases.

im through…

you haven’t pointed out the advancements though.... you’re just talking. Give us some examples:lol: :lol: :lol:

Change and modification doesn’t always mean progress or improvement, especially if we’re talking about subjective things.

There’s been a lot of “advancements” in baking since the chocolate chip cookie was invented, but a basic chocolate chip cookie is still my favorite kind of cookie.

The only advancement is GUN reference and these mfers rapping while depressed and always crying. That’s basically what the harmonizing is. Who TF wants to hear that type of s**** all day???

I personally don’t want to hear grown men sulking and wining all day. That’s my OPINION though.

Then mixed in with autotune? That crap is so annoying at this point

Kids growing up thinking that’s the only style of rap and they trying to duplicate it, smh.

Change and modification doesn’t always mean progress or improvement, especially if we’re talking about subjective things.

There’s been a lot of “advancements” in baking since the chocolate chip cookie was invented, but a basic chocolate chip cookie is still my favorite kind of cookie.

oreo cookie and the modern pistol were invented in the 1900s. This has been our point the past two days. Rap the only genre with fickle fans. We get penalized for liking the past?? All these new rappers gone be in the “past” at some point.

In 2035, some kid gone call Drake trash. And I’m here for it, hopefully

Last edited:

This is essentially all it is, music is subjective & some people prefer the newer sounds compared to albums from 10/15 years ago cool.

But this works both ways & there are plenty of people as evidenced by this thread that don't think the majority of today's music holds up with it's predecessors.

im through…

More like your vocabulary is elementary and you need to learn what the **** advance means.

An advancement is a iPhone 13 compared to a iPhone 5, 10, 12

Advance doesn't just mean change or different. I told you from the beginning you need to stop using the ****ing word.

Ghostface is better than Hov. Man has dropped fire projects all last decade. Notably Twelve Reason to Die 1 & 2, and that BADBADNOTGOOD joint, He 3peated w/ OB4CL, Ironman, and Supreme Clientele. The bootleg Bulletproof Wallets is fire. The Pretty Toney Album & Fiscal are amazing. PTA is my favourite album. The Big Doe Rehab is amazing, and I'm not dippin in underground/loosie records bag. Man had the greatest rap voice ever. No one can make you feel a bar the way Ghost does. He's just so amazing, the list is too long. Ghost is just Goat.

Stop trolling dude

This x 10000. I swear.

You can lay it out word word for these *****s, and they consistently miss EASY points 🤦🏾‍♂️ :lol:. **** gets so convoluted, that dudes aren’t even discussing the same topic anymore. It’s frustrating. I’m out!

Were you ever in it :lol:

You're the main one posting simple A, B, C **** along with :emoji_goat: even though it's pretty much the same song on repeat.

Dudes with the lyrical depth of a puddle after it drizzles

Yeah ok. But even if so, he had to get with Hit Boy….and use flows, lingos from the present day. That is the very definition of “advancement”

For some reason, y’all equate advancement to meaning the QUALITY of something before it’s time is somehow superior.

What advancement means is building on something that predated it. And that is what rap has always done. And continues to do. Y’all so STUCK, y’all don’t want to admit the obvious. And it’s sad.

But anyway, this project has been the toughest to me, out of another solid year of rap releases.

Production has advanced.

We weren't talking about that though

Back
Top Bottom