Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Ain’t gone sit here and let y’all do Tyler like that. I’m not even a fan of his but he a legend. He got that MF Doom/Eminem type appeal. He’s set a few trends and opened doors for others

It’s crazy to me how y’all dudes keep bringing up Ross and throwing **** on his name when he has either outshined or held his own with your favorite rapper on a track… Any rapper, pick one. You ain’t never heard of nobody getting on a track and just straight washing Ross and he been on tracks with the creme de le creme in rap music.

It’s crazy to me how y’all dudes keep bringing up Ross and throwing **** on his name when he has either outshined or held his own with your favorite rapper on a track… Any rapper, pick one. You ain’t never heard of nobody getting on a track and just straight washing Ross and he been on tracks with the creme de le creme in rap music.

I think most in here recognize Ross greatness, it's only couple that act like he can't spit.

Only time tho imo

Tyler is well on his way to legend status for the new generation. Mans won a grammy on an album he wrote and produced. & let's not even talk about how influential Odd Future/Wolf Gang was. His music isn't for everyone, but we can't deny he be rapping, and is putting together a nice body of work.

Tyler is well on his way to legend status for the new generation. Mans won a grammy on an album he wrote and produced. & let's not even talk about how influential Odd Future/Wolf Gang was. His music isn't for everyone, but we can't deny he be rapping, and is putting together a nice body of work.
He's already legend status for my group and younger. The way the kids younger me hold Flower Boy & Igor in high regard b/c of the subject matter & music humours me. They're like different fanbase, for the same artist. I've legit grown and matured w/ the homies music, and where he is today been mad natural. It's special to see, u don't get that a lot.

There’s been a lot of “advancements” in baking since the chocolate chip cookie was invented, but a basic chocolate chip cookie is still my favorite kind of cookie.
:rofl:

Dudes tryna make any comparison stick
Rap has advanced but as it expanded in mainstream, the simplified gets (as happens in all genres)

When the last time a solid good album came out by these new legends? I need to give it a chance.

The Tyler album was solid album. So was Polo G debut album.

Any recommendations?
This came out either late July or August. He (Pink Siifu) is almost guaranteed to become a legend the future and be become highly influential in hip hop.

GUMBO'!

I think now we're starting to see Ghostface impact. A lot of the upstate _'s are influenced by him. You hear in the flows, the storytelling. Westside Gunn albums flow just like a Ghostface album. The random skits, the r&b samples thrown in there.

Ghost catalog is up there. He got 2, maybe 3 lock classics. He definitely in my top 10.
Ghost & Chef dead switched hip hop into that mafioso after they dropped, how he approached samples & sometimes just rapper on the whole song, he pushed that vulnerability to forefront.. He dead didn't start or even popularize skits though & Westside Gunn don't flow like Ghost he's more serious. I'd even argue he he puts albums together better than Ghost sonically. West just has a great cohesive ear for the sonics, their placements, and over doing it. He rarely ever (if ever) overstays his welcome.

Jeezy on war ready
65ED05FC-DEEE-4BE4-A34B-B56B02D87C39.gif

Back
Top Bottom