Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Yall some on the most non comprehending, sh*tty processing of information, moving the goalposts a** mfkrs ive ever seen.

Fk it. Have it your way. Rap now, is the same as it was back in the late 70’s. Its never, @ any point, moved foward in ANY way, shape or form.

im through…

This is what happens when dudes realize "what I'm saying don't make sense". :lol:

Speaking of comprehending I clearly I said pages ago hip hop advanced for years but around 2014-16 it slowed down.

Yeah ok. But even if so, he had to get with Hit Boy….and use flows, lingos from the present day. That is the very definition of “advancement”

For some reason, y’all equate advancement to meaning the QUALITY of something before it’s time is somehow superior.

What advancement means is building on something that predated it. And that is what rap has always done. And continues to do. Y’all so STUCK, y’all don’t want to admit the obvious. And it’s sad.

But anyway, this project has been the toughest to me, out of another solid year of rap releases.

Nas been doing different flows man @1:15

On some real ****, why do you dudes always need to compare ****, give hot takes and top fives?

**** makes conversation to pass time no doubt, and interesting to hear others takes etc

but we all gonna have our own criteria on why ______ should be top 5

Nas been doing different flows man @1:15

.... and he basically summed up these new “advancements” to the production and beats. THE PRODUCERS are the real marquee guys nowadays. Without these new fangled producers, 85% of these new rappers would be lost. The engineers and producers have been more important than the artist for about 5-7 years.

Nas can rhyme on a 1994 premier or large professor beat AND A 2021 Hit-boy beat.

90% of these new cats can’t do it. Kendrick, Drake or J. Cole can. The majority would be LOST if they had to rhyme over those beats and were not allowed to use autotune.....

THAT’S our whole point. These new guys are so sorry that they need all these bells and whistles and pyrotechnics just to be listenable:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Production has advanced.

We weren't talking about that though

Being able to flow/rap on the production that has advanced…is a SKILL though, no? Knowing how to catch those beats and pockets. It’s part of music.

Something we’ve witness Nas himself have to adjust/improve upon.

Y’all can pretend there is no advancement in rap music since 1998 all you want. It’s a damn lie. And y’all know it.

Also, idk why y’all keep talking about Auto Tune-sing song trap rappers…like that is the discussion finessence finessence .

We’re talking about cats like Ross, Jeezy, Future, Wayne, Kendrick, Cole, etc…even Drake and them. And some other cats, who put out quality records and improved on some of their predecessors work/influence and advanced rap music.

You still don’t read.

We’re talking about cats like Ross, Jeezy, Future, Wayne, Kendrick, Cole, etc…even Drake and them. And some other cats, who put out quality records and improved on some of their predecessors work/influence and advanced rap music.

You still don’t read.

Goalpost moving....

Nah, we talking about the WHOLE genre. Anyone calling themselves a rapper or profiting off of rap in the past 5-10 years to present.

Can’t give Y’all ross over any of them guys. If anything, they cancel eachother out. Ross still top 5/10 of the south.

Scarface, Bun/Pimp C, BG, Wayne, Ross, Andre 3000, Big Boi, TI, Juve, 8ball/mjg, Trick, Ross in that mix

He‘a not in that convo of the south top 20. :lol:

Last edited:
When the last time a solid good album came out by these new legends? I need to give it a chance.

The Tyler album was solid album. So was Polo G debut album.

Any recommendations?

When the last time a solid good album came out by these new legends? I need to give it a chance.

The Tyler album was solid album. So was Polo G debut album.

Any recommendations?

See Griselda records drops from this year. Or in general

A long time ago, it might have been over a decade by now, I made a thread asking if Ghostface has the criteria to be considered the goat and I honestly don’t think it’s far fetched but people won’t accept it.

Most people did not agree with me :lol:

I think now we're starting to see Ghostface impact. A lot of the upstate _'s are influenced by him. You hear in the flows, the storytelling. Westside Gunn albums flow just like a Ghostface album. The random skits, the r&b samples thrown in there.

Ghost catalog is up there. He got 2, maybe 3 lock classics. He definitely in my top 10.

Goalpost moving....

Nah, we talking about the WHOLE genre. Anyone calling themselves a rapper or profiting off of rap in the past 5-10 years to present.

Not a goalpost moved. The original convo was the parallel between nba/sports and rap music. And how new legends who put in work since both of those respective the “golden eras”, have a rightful place at the top of the rankings. And how some of them have improved/advanced rap music/sports from their predecessors

This isn’t a discussion about calling 25 year old auto tune rappers in 2021 the 🐐. Y’all are intentionally missing the point, to get your **** off. It’s sick.

You still don’t read.

1631222626453.gif

Imagine going through life having the need to "top 5" everything

Top 5 lamb gyros you've ever had?

maybe not lamb but top 5 snapper I ever had was from these creole spot in my hood.

cajun snapper. Best fish I ever had in my life, the closed a few years ago. I literally went on Facebook looking for the owner or his kids. That **** was good af

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom