Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

:lol:**** pointless because only way dudes will understand is going back in time to grow up in the Bronx in the 80s and 90s.

The moment I left that culture though it was jarring hearing it out of certain folks mouth.
Can never forget how shocking it was 1st time in Vegas when everybody but white folks was using the word so freely :lol: :smh: …Had a motley crew of folks from the Bay that was in a section next to me, like 2 blacks a couple Hispanics n 4 Asians just letting it fly while I’m befuddled…Asked one of the biddes in the group what’s up wit that and it was “just how it is” :wow:

😆
FCB68650-C02B-4ED2-9C0D-9405984D7C98.jpeg

It’s different here in Cali we grow up literally next door to Hispanics too, and they can’t say that word. Or at least they couldn’t In the 90s

Like someone said earlier there ain't no "letting" anybody do anything. If people have a problem with it they'll speak on it, if the person saying it feels the need to use it that bad they'll be willing to deal with the consequences behind it.

JD has Confessions & The Emancipation of Mimi among other legendary EXECUTIVELY PRODUCED iconic tracks.

In a 20-25 song Verzuz Puff could actually lose against him.
I hope people don't underestimate JD.

I don't know if I'm picking a side here, but JD's bag is super deep too.

Finally caught up on the thread and I agree with all of this. JD wrote waaay more joints than a lot of you realize. Dude is legit the Quincy Jones of hip hop/R&B.

People love to undervalue his contributions for whatever reasons though. Dude was making hits before both Bad Boy and Deathrow.

It’s different here in Cali we grow up literally next door to Hispanics too, and they can’t say that word. Or at least they couldn’t In the 90s

My boy born and raised in Compton and he told me the Mexicans there used to say it like crazy.

There’s also a huge difference between Mexicans and el Salvadorans vs Dominicans and Ricans.

Finally caught up on the thread and I agree with all of this. JD wrote waaay more joints than a lot of you realize. Dude is legit the Quincy Jones of hip hop/R&B.

People love to undervalue his contributions for whatever reasons though. Dude was making hits before both Bad Boy and Deathrow.

That's exactly why Verzuz is so vital to the community. A lot of people are left with a newfound appreciation for these musicians after all the smoke clears. It's a lot deeper than these 20+ hits. JD also has a strong team of writers (Bryan-Michael Cox & Johnta Austin in particular) who deserve more flowers as well.

JD is very underrated and overlooked. A lot of people don’t know how much writing and beat making he has done.

Puff has a lot too BUT you gotta separate Puff and Bad Boy. You allowing him to get off songs he just adlib and bull****ted on or songs he’s actually on?

JD is very underrated and overlooked. A lot of people don’t know how much writing and beat making he has done.

Puff has a lot too BUT you gotta separate Puff and Bad Boy. You allowing him to get off songs he just adlib and bull****ted on or songs he’s actually on?
If JD or Puff ever do a versuz it'll be as producers/execs/writers.

Not as rappers or even entertainers.

They both got songs in their catalog where you don't even hear their voice.

Looking forward to that Meek project, The cover through me off a lil bit nothing about that screams Meek based off his history :lol:

Back
Top Bottom