Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

It’s different here in Cali we grow up literally next door to Hispanics too, and they can’t say that word. Or at least they couldn’t In the 90s

Today.. I feel like Mexicans use it more than black folks, especially gang members out there. & they be on some racist ****.

:lol:

I don't mind when Puff talk his **** but to this day when I'm playing What's Beef I be saying shut up Puff.

They're trying to set the ball in Dre's court, but if he doesn't change his mind, they already know that the stage is set for their "Welcome to Atlanta" Remix regardless. Something is happening. Too much money on the table for it not to.

Are we talking producer as in the beat maker? Because Puff has exec. produced a good amount of classics.

Yea, strictly beat making. Plus people have said that both him and Dre take credit for producing things they really didn't or got a lot of team participation.

Scott Storch said he produced something once and Dre just gave him credit for playing the piano lol

That's exactly why Verzuz is so vital to the community. A lot of people are left with a newfound appreciation for these musicians after all the smoke clears. It's a lot deeper than these 20+ hits. JD also has a strong team of writers (Bryan-Michael Cox & Johnta Austin in particular) who deserve more flowers as well.
Do u work in the music industry by chance?
Puff is overrated AF as a producer though
How so? He may not have been on the boards, but he was directing it and shaping the vision. Seemingly a ****** business man from a altruistic perspective, but creatively I view him as an artistic genius. It may be unconventional, but it takes a lot to be the glue and make it stick. He started w/ BIGGIE & ended up signing Janelle Monae & letting her rock. Diddy be on some 30 yrs into the future **** a good amount, and that Bad Boy catalouge is aging & growing nice. MGK was money grab if I ever saw one.

Today.. I feel like Mexicans use it more than black folks, especially gang members out there. & they be on some racist ****.
Yea today is awful but in the 90s if a Mexican had a black friend or friends they wasn’t addressing them as “Wsup my ninja”

Yea, strictly beat making. Plus people have said that both him and Dre take credit for producing things they really didn't or got a lot of team participation.

Scott Storch said he produced something once and Dre just gave him credit for playing the piano lol

Puff has probably made less than 20 beats so yeah, I think most would agree. He just attaches his name while The Hitmen made all the beats.

Nyshiem Myrick in my top 10 beat makers.

Separate Puff and Bad Boy?

Would we also separate JD and So So Def?

JD makes a lot of beats for So So Def, Puff makes damn near zero beats for Bad Boy. JD also does a lot of writing while Puff doesn’t.

Maybe I'm tripping but I don't remember Puff ever calling himself the beatmaker. I don't think I've ever seen his name on the credits as the beat maker. He's always been exec. producer. He put Biggie with the Hitmen to make those classics, put them with Mary and everybody else. I remember a interview where they said Puff was the one that put them together to be a producing group.

Where we @ on jay worthy when it comes to this? 🤔

i aint gone say i necessarily “gave em a pass” but ion really be trippin either.

it definitely does differ according to local.

all i kno is, dont be anything other than black, below the mason dixon talkin that n_ s*** openly, bc issa matter of time fo somebody see byte cha.

20210915_121722.jpg

Ain't nobody bust in those sweet watery guts by now. Shanti can't be one of them one of those crazy chicks, never hear no wild stories, she always got good energy. I don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom