Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Yeah, puff get too much credit. But majority of these hip hop producers sample old jazz and R&B records anyway so, they really shouldn’t get much credit anyway.

At least swizz s*** is organic. Kanye, RZA, preme, puff, dre, etc get so much credit for sampling and looping the real composers from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, etc. but whatever

You don't seem to grasp what sampling is

Overrated doesn't mean he sucks lol Just like what was said, he gets too much credit is all I'm saying.

Now Irv Gotti is underrated. I wonder why he quit producing though

He's not overrated, because he's not an actual producer.

He's just overseeing and giving input.

It's like saying he's overrated as a rapper.

Yeah, puff get too much credit. But majority of these hip hop producers sample old jazz and R&B records anyway so, they really shouldn’t get much credit anyway.

At least swizz s*** is organic. Kanye, RZA, preme, puff, dre, etc get so much credit for sampling and looping the real composers from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, etc. but whatever

I know this man ain't just give more credit to Swizz than Preme and Dre.

You don't seem to grasp what sampling is

I DEFINITELY do. Let’s not act like these dudes ain’t looping classics and throwing drum kits.

These producers ain’t composing or using live instruments like the original. Some do know how to use instruments like zaytoven and whatnot....

I DEFINITELY do. Let’s not act like these dudes ain’t looping classics and throwing drum kits.

These producers ain’t composing or using live instruments like the original. Some do know how to use instruments like zaytoven and whatnot....

You really don't, because you're grouping it together as if everything is the same.

Most samples being used are almost unrecognizable so they won't get sued.

So You Can't Touch This isn't the same as normal rap songs, because most rap songs will piece together multiple pieces of prior songs.

If I posted most RZA or Preemo songs you couldn't even point out the sample(s)

I ain’t give him more anything. I just respect him for using his casio. Puff sampling James Mtume for juicy and getting all the credit is just problematic. Same with Kanye, Drake etc.

Hip sampling James Brown or Bootsy Collins is COOL and great. It’s made my life but I’m not gone give Kanye and them more credit than the original composers. Them the dudes who played the actual INSTUMENTS.

I never said keying information into a computer or soundboard was wrong or is not to be appreciated, but we ain’t gone act like these better than the originators

You really don't, because you're grouping it together as if everything is the same.

Most samples being used are almost unrecognizable so they won't get sued.

So You Can't Touch This isn't the same as normal rap songs, because most rap songs will piece together multiple pieces of prior songs.

If I posted most RZA or Preemo songs you couldn't even point out the sample(s)

Lies, either way bro. They copying or editing the original. But okay. Fact of the matter is THEY sample someone’s original composition.

Lies, either way bro. They copying or editing the original. But okay. Fact of the matter is THEY sample someone’s original composition.

You really don't know what you're talking about and it's obvious

After De La and Biz dudes were still sampling, but smarter about it.

Mfers gotta step on and stretch samples like dope just so they won’t get SUED. Going through all those risks to copy someone else. :lol: :lol:

I’m not discrediting our great hip hop producers, just not gone give them all the credit

Dre been using live bands since NWA second album. Puff's producers, The Hitmen play many instruments.

I never said it wasn’t art. Just can’t be giving dudes all credit. That’s why I specifically mentioned puffy.

“Take hits from the 80s”. Out his own mouth. Puff knew what he was doing. He knew his formula would work because he knew those 80s classics would do damage in the 90s. Dude was smart

Puffy mentioned using 80s hits a number of times:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom