Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

That's one part of these songs

Protect Ya Neck had like 10 samples used to make a whole new song

Don't discus producing again

EITHER WAY...... he sampled ten other mfers bruh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He still sampled the original composers. IDC how you slice it. I’m a fan of all these cats. RZA, preme, large pro, BINK!, Just Blaze, etc. so y’all can take it how you want it. They legends.... they still sampled.

Jordan idolized Dr. J. It don’t take away from his greatness. These n_ used samples from other producers. Shoot me

and about Puff

are you guys talking about Amen Lawrence, Chucky Thompson(RIP), D Dot, Nashiem, Stevie J, Mario Winans, Yogi....

Are you dudes saying they're overrated?

If not, people need to stop mentioning Puff. What he does isn't the same.

Because their producing just isn't reduced to Juicy, Can't Nobody Hold Me Down or I'll Be Missing You

Then tell Puff he was out of line for that s*** he told Jermaine on twitter, if that’s how you want to play it.

Goalposts are starting to move.... it is football season too

I never said it wasn’t art. Just can’t be giving dudes all credit. That’s why I specifically mentioned puffy.

“Take hits from the 80s”. Out his own mouth. Puff knew what he was doing. He knew his formula would work because he knew those 80s classics would do damage in the 90s. Dude was smart

Puffy mentioned using 80s hits a number of times:lol: :lol: :lol:
He made them applicable to current times and work when they shouldn’t . He thought of “Juicy”. Sampling is the perfect example of someone’s “trash” being another person’s treasure.

I never said it wasn’t art. Just can’t be giving dudes all credit. That’s why I specifically mentioned puffy.

“Take hits from the 80s”. Out his own mouth. Puff knew what he was doing. He knew his formula would work because he knew those 80s classics would do damage in the 90s. Dude was smart

Puffy mentioned using 80s hits a number of times:lol: :lol: :lol:

:stoneface:

but what about you....
I'm getting a hug.
6god luvs.png

Famb, did you just call Juicy Fruit trash?
Not really, that's why I added quotations ("trash). "Juicy" wasn't the since the beat ain't chopped like that "Devil in the New Dress" is genius how scattered pieces on song became that record. Hip hop came from break beats & new concepts were made. Hence the "one's trash is anothers treasure" reference. I can't stand when ppl try to diss samples like certain guitar rifts or melodies are original. You clearly don't know enough about music or creation in general.

Something like this completely original, innovative, and music is now starting to go in this high pitched glitchy direction. Most ppl couldn't track the sample(s) used in here.

My cousin said she got a nail salon, ain’t never seen that *** use a coloring book, let alone know how to do acrylic designs, smh.

her and her homegirl might’ve actually got them loans too, lmao. She gone be in the county jail right with her brother

I'll never understand why some people want to see others go down for that PPP loan jug.

As much as the government screws over people on a daily basis, I hope as much people get away with that ish as possible.

Give me my repatriations. Damn a PPP. IDGAF. IDFW scammers anyway.

you know how many people who are ALREADY wealthy, or doing this PPP fraud? It ain’t just regular, poor or middle class people. More wealthy people doing that s*** than poor folks.

You got working class people getting scammed out here too. I don’t respect that hustle

Back
Top Bottom