Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Drake got the MAGA shades. aepps20 aepps20 would be proud. Looking like a PATRIOT 🇺🇸

711781FE-D9B4-4B90-8F63-C7F12EBAC7D6.jpeg

All he need is a selfie in the F-150 🔥
#CERTIFIEDMAGABOI

Black americans been doing block parties since at least the 1940's. You can go and listen to black artists from the 40's and 50's who were rhyming.

And another part is a lot of caribbeans that came here in the 80's always talk about how black americans made fun of them because how they dressed a certain way or whatever. They had to adapt black americans style, slang and music.

Gil Scott Heron is Jamaican. by way of his father, Gil Heron who is a pioneer for football in terms of being the first black man to play in the Scottish league.
Damn didnt know that.

My homie always says "i dont pill pop, i smoke weed and bump Gil Scott"

I guess dolemite, james brown and ali was all jamaican inspired. 🙄

imagine jamaicans birthing hiphop and having ABSOLUTELY no presence in it. Lol

foh
Bruh also just wiped out decades and decades of church call and response, and radio personalities playing an important role in hip hops vocal delivery. Among other influences.

Bruh is trying to spin a loose affiliation into birthing a whole culture. Imagine us saying we birthed ska and reggae because they were heavily inspired by American R&B. I’ve seen this narrative that Jamaicans created hip hop before but they gotta cut that out.

Black americans been doing block parties since at least the 1940's. You can go and listen to black artists from the 40's and 50's who were rhyming.

And another part is a lot of caribbeans that came here in the 80's always talk about how black americans made fun of them because how they dressed a certain way or whatever. They had to adapt black americans style, slang and music.
Not necessarily true. People from the Caribbean have influenced black American culture just as they have been influenced by it as well. Slang and style as well.
I guess dolemite, james brown and ali was all jamaican inspired. 🙄

imagine jamaicans birthing hiphop and having ABSOLUTELY no presence in it. Lol

foh
Lolwut? Biggie is Jamaican. Heavy D etc. List goes on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom