Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Hitboy acting like he wasn't working with Jay, Ye, Beyonce, Rihanna, Rocky etc etc :lol: . If anything those other producers passed him because they had an extremely distinct sound during those periods or they were literally tied to a big artist entire sound, and a few years later hitboy is probably hotter than 2/3 because people wanted a different sound.

Hitboy acting like he wasn't working with Jay, Ye, Beyonce, Rihanna, Rocky etc etc :lol: . If anything those other producers passed him because they had an extremely distinct sound during those periods or they were literally tied to a big artist entire sound, and a few years later hitboy is probably hotter than 2/3 because people wanted a different sound.

I think he's talking about outside work and being bigger overall

and Big Sean has complained about how he was eating at Good, Teyana has had issues, so it's no telling how he was profiting.

You can't use I produced for Beyonce to pay your bills.

Nah man.

On one hand Hit definitely need to just go ahead and dm Ye for the fade…

but he’s right in that his brand and run would have been much crazier if he had a tag for that 2010-2015 run.

No matter how many years Metro chills out “if young metro don’t shoot you” or the thug “metroooo” tag will live forever and instantly hit u wit nostalgia. Hit would have had that same effect on records like N.I.P., Trophies, the Beyoncé records, etc.

Last edited:

:lol:, man….this is very on brand for you.

and Big Sean has complained about how he was eating at Good, Teyana has had issues, so it's no telling how he was profiting.

Right….I think hit boy was essentially saying he’d had liked his name recognition to be out there…. Leading to more opportunities. And a lot of the public perception was Kanye producing or co producing them joints too. Kanye tried to lil boy him, and keep him at a certain level. He was for real, trying to get his own **** off…the way his contemporaries did at that time.

Not having a name tag, kind of kept him in house as a producer.

Hit boy essentially had to get back in his bag, and rebrand a lil again. Like he was telling Sean.

and being an in house and being under Good, no matter how big those songs were with Kanye or Rihanna, he wasn't going to get paid his worth.

Ordinarily you get a number one song, and your price goes up.

My point is if your getting consistent placements with Rap Superstars you weren't hurting that bad, This seem like Wale first world rap problems.

Like i'm doing better than 90% of the field but i ain't the #1 spot type ****.

Son was Getting hit SINGLES all away from GOOD & somehow he's was looked at as an in house producer?? :lol: :lol:

Nah man.

On one hand Hit definitely need to just go ahead and dm Ye for the fade…

but he’s right in that his brand and run would have been much crazier if he had a tag for that 2010-2015 run.

No matter how many years Metro chills out “if young metro don’t shoot you” or the thug “metroooo” tag will live forever and instantly hit u wit nostalgia. Hit would have had that same effect on records like N.I.P., Trophies, the Beyoncé records, etc.

How much bigger of a brand are you getting than Jay, Kanye, Beyonce, Rihanna, Rocky, Nicki Minaj, Drake & Lil Wayne :lol: :lol: .

He just didn't have the dominant sound of that period, that's OK. But i'm not gonna sit here & act like a drop was gonna somehow bring him to some new echelon in rap.

Did Metro get popping because he had a nice drop, or because he was producing damn near whole projects/Djing & being a hype man for Future/Travis/21.

Mustard was basically tethered to YG/Ty Dolla for a few years, along with being a much bigger personality & still Dj'ing, and having an extremely distinct sound.

Other ****** were just hotter during the period nothing more nothing less. And that's understandable because all three have bigger brands & producer tags are far down the list in reasoning.

Mike-Will, Mustard & Metro all have several compilation tapes/Joint projects with major artist under their belt. Hit is just now starting to really lean into that, is just starting to give more interviews etc etc.

he did an entire Verzus against a ***** who has no Drop (if he does i have no ****ing clue what it is) needless to say Boi1da isn't starving for accolades out here.

Bu ya'll are talking as if these two these don't tie in together, You do not get placements on literally the biggest artist in music albums w/o having name/ brand recognition . not having the same recognition as Metro/Mikewill does not = not having name recognition.

Let's say he gets this hypothetical drop, what level of success does it take him too? does he go from producing FOUR records on a Beyonce album to producing the entire thing? Does he executive produce a posthumous Biggie/Pac album? Does he Remix Thriller? i'm just trying to find out what is this level of success he missed out on by not having a drop

The man has multiple songs with Kanye, Jay, Beyonce, Rihanna, Mary J Blige, Mariah, Nicki, Wayne, Drake, Bieber, Britney Spears, Chris Brown, Selena Gomez :lol:

What exactly did not having a drop stop him from. Unless he was gonna move to Atlanta & live & tour with the next batch of rap superstars he wasn't gonna have the same notoriety as Metro & Mikewill but to sit here & say a guy who's resume looks like that didn't have big name recognition is crazy

Back
Top Bottom